Should homosexual couples be allowed to adopt? - Page 4 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

View Poll Results: Should homosexual couples be allowed to adopt a child?
YES! 39 66.10%
NO! 20 33.90%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17-03-2005, 12:48 AM   #61
SimplyKnightley

and...?
Old 17-03-2005, 12:56 AM   #62
Meteora

Quote:
To which I answer back with if it's not normal why doesn nature allow it to happen?
Because nature isn't an entity. It makes no decisions and it has no inteligence. It does not allow anything, nor does it forbid anything. It is not good or bad, it cannot be used to determine what is evil and what is moral, and it does not have a set standard for any of its aspects.

Nature is. Nothing more.

Normal and abnormal is a human decision, for humans are the only beings, aside from the supernaturals, that have the authority and the capability to make such categorizations.
Old 17-03-2005, 03:04 AM   Senior Registered Member #63
Ashley

I talked about nature as a person to go back to this quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyKnightley
when did i ever argue about homosexual couples attempting to conceive? i am just saying it is impossible for them to do so and thus, not intended by nature that they parent a child together.
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 03:07 AM   #64
SimplyKnightley

Meteora, any relevance to what you and I are saying? Pls enlighten
Old 17-03-2005, 03:14 AM   Senior Registered Member #65
Ashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyKnightley
Meteora, any relevance to what you and I are saying? Pls enlighten
Any relevance from my statement to yours? I know you said Meteora, but I dunno, I've had a long day. Anyway, I was just saying that according to Meteora's comment nature can't make decisions. And in that quote you said it's not inteded by nature, kinda saying that nature sat down physically and wrote some rules down.

I could have misunderstood though it's possible.
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2006, 06:53 AM   #66
once_dreaded

Location: Oregon, USA. Greenest state in the union, sorry Washitonians :oP
*ahem* My lessie Mom and Pop (they're both females...I happen to call one Pop because she's more dad-like) have a son they are raising together. Pop is the biological mother, signed over her rights as a parent so that Mom could adopt my lil bro, then my Pop had to go to court to be able to adopt my lil bro so that they could both be legally considered his parents. My lil bro is very tolerant of all people, he's smart, out-going, and not at all "messed up" by having two women raise him. He has positive male role models, he doesn't need a "father" in his life. How do I fit in this family, I'm a family friend that got "adopted" as their kid because they cared that much about me.
All the arguements in the world about homosexuals being unfit to adopt/raise healthy children can be thrown out the window as far as I'm concerned.
#88 in the Keira Knightley Posse
once_dreaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2006, 02:13 PM   Senior Registered Member #67
KeirazBabe
The Kewlest

Ok... well i dont really know where to start here. considering that im a lesbian & so therefore think its 100% fine for gays to adopt a child...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feoni
I think the heaviest argument for is that a two men or two women can provide a child with as much love as a straight couple can.
Er.. are you actually JOKING me love? They cant GIVE a child as much LOVE?! WTF x 10!!! So your saying that a loving gay couple who DESPERATELY want a family & can provide a FANTASTIC home cant give as much love to a child just because theyre gay as opposed to a straight couple who conceived by accident & never wanted the child???

I dont think thats true that a child NEEDS both a female & male parents, a same sex couple can carry out the different rols just the same, they can have close relatives & friends to provide the example of the other sex etc etc. Also single parents bring up their children just as well!

Tony & Barrie Drewitt Barlow were the first gay couple to have children that biologically belonged to them (via a surrogate mother) & in order for the children to maintain a female role model they had the help of a female nany in their younger years & they have regular contact with their biological & surrogate mothers etc ... oh &they also have the most LOVING parents & a wealthy lifestyle... dont see how anyone can criticise that?

Oh also the argument that the children will turn out gay is HILARIOUS.. because children with straight parents ALL turn out straight dont they?!

Im done

Megan xXx
KeirazBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2006, 03:20 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #68
Foeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirazBabe
Er.. are you actually JOKING me love? They cant GIVE a child as much LOVE?! WTF x 10!!! So your saying that a loving gay couple who DESPERATELY want a family & can provide a FANTASTIC home cant give as much love to a child just because theyre gay as opposed to a straight couple who conceived by accident & never wanted the child???
I think you misunderstood me. What I mean is that the heaviest argument for homosexuals to be allowed to adopt, is that they can give the child as much love as a straight couple. I might have used wrong punctuation earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirazBabe
Oh also the argument that the children will turn out gay is HILARIOUS.. because children with straight parents ALL turn out straight dont they?!
Yes, it is. I still believe a child should have both a father and a mother.
Old 14-04-2006, 04:23 PM   Senior Registered Member #69
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

I seemed to miss this thread before. But, yes, I absolutely think homosexual couples should be able to adopt. If they're willing to actually care for the child, then there's no problem at all. Sure the kid will get picked on in school, but what kid doesn't get picked on? Hopefully his two dads teach him how to beat the shit out of annoying kids like that.

I think there's no reason to limit the rights of homosexuals. It's the strongest mixture of church and state (in America) and it's annoying.
Jacoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2006, 05:02 PM   #70
Scaramouche

YES YES YES!!!
They are just people.
I have two loveing moms who are lesbian... and I live in UTAH! The most religious homophobic state in the US!
I have a big problem with homophobes and people who say no [becuase they are so blind].

I was adopted here before they past the law that they couldn't.... And I have a dad, but I don't see him, I REALLY DON'T CARE. I know, because I'm in the situation, YOU DON'T NEED A MOM AND A DAD.
If you do, why don't we make single parent adoptions illegal?
But we don't.... we just say that because we don't want the homo's too.
grrr.
Scaramouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2006, 05:11 PM   #71
Scaramouche

This isn't adoption... but marriage.
10 reasons why gay marriage is wrong. ;D
  1. Homosexuality is not natural. Real people always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.
  2. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
  3. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
  4. Heterosexual marriage has been around a long time and hasn’t changed at all; women are still property, blacks still aren’t supposed to marry whites.
  5. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if homosexual marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Brittany Spears’ 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
  6. Heterosexual marriages are valid because they produce children. Homosexual couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn’t be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren’t full yet, and the world needs more children.
  7. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
  8. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That’s why we have only one religion in North America.
  9. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That’s why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
  10. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven’t adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.
Old 14-04-2006, 07:42 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #72
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

You are such a loser, Back to the stoneage you Republican
Ranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2006, 08:16 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #73
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

I think the government should stay the fuck out of peoples' private business, period.
Old 15-04-2006, 09:00 AM   #74
dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad
I think the government should stay <snip> out of peoples' private business, period.
I believe that married homosexual couples should be allowed to adopt children. I shudder when I contemplate the current situation, (i.e. that one of the partners can just "move out.")

I want some sort of assurance that the couple really is a "couple." I've known several homosexual people, and frankly, none of those particular people would want to adopt anyone. I suspect that it would take a pair of particularly "complete" people before they would want to/be capable of adopting.

Oh, one more thing. With our current level of gene-splicing technology it won't be five years before we see the first child born of two females. So, the "against nature" argument is absurd. Two men could use a surrogate womb, the gene-splicing technology would be even easier for them.

Anyone remember the name of that old Science Fiction novel where the women had eliminated all the men as being redundant?

%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
"Le uova non devono ballare con le pietre."
"Eggs have no business dancing with stones" from the movie "Shoot 'Em Up"
%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2006, 09:07 AM   Senior Registered Member #75
kingdumbass

Everyone knows that it's much healthier for a child to have an unstable homelife, being passed around from foster parent to foster parent, than to have a loving family!
kingdumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2006, 04:57 PM   #76
Scaramouche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranman
You are such a loser, Back to the stoneage you Republican
who are you saying that to
Old 15-04-2006, 05:03 PM   #77
Scaramouche

Also I saw that somewhere someone added that it's not equality if the adopted child doesn't get to pick their parents... well it's the same way with your baby that you had, did it get to choose to live with straight parents? And if the adopted baby is too young to know, it's going to grow up ok. You grow up and believe what you parents believe [usually].

And stop saying normal and "unnormal" parents. GLBT parents are just as normal as straight parents, it's society today that tells us it's not. And frankly, I believe society is very shallow minded.
Old 16-04-2006, 06:12 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #78
Foeni

We need to think of the child. A kid that has two dads or two mums will get bullied. And yes, all children get bullied, but why make it worse? It's also the most natural.

Scaramouche, there's an edit button. Use that instead of double posting please.
Old 16-04-2006, 06:19 PM   Senior Registered Member #79
Arbery

i dont think they should...its a bit harsh on the kid. I've got nothing against gay people...i just dont think they should be allowed to adopt kids!
Old 16-04-2006, 06:50 PM   #80
Scaramouche

oh it's not harsh on me.
and you don't get bullied any more, and I live in a very religious, very republican city.

So really, you are both wrong.