Should homosexual couples be allowed to adopt? - Page 3 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

View Poll Results: Should homosexual couples be allowed to adopt a child?
YES! 39 66.10%
NO! 20 33.90%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-03-2005, 03:32 AM   #41
johnnyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyKnightley
nature does not make it possible for humans of the same gender to conceive a child. why? because there is a reason for it. whatever it is. is it so difficult to understand the point? geez
You argument is also flawed in the matter that the homosexual couple is not trying to conceive a child, they are just raising the child.

I, for one, see some benefit to being raised by a homosexual couple. The child would certainly be taught to have a very tolerant view of the world.

And for people who say that if a child is adopted by a homosexual couple, it will turn out homosexual, its been proven through study that a child raised by a homosexual couple is no more likely to become homosexual than a child raised by a heterosexual couple.

Plus, everybody, no matter who, is not 100 % male or 100% female, males always have some feminine tendencies and females always have some masculine tendencies. This comes in varying degrees, 90 - 10, 80 - 20, etc. It is more likely a person will become homosexual because of this rather than having a homosexual couple as parents.

In other words, yes
Old 15-03-2005, 05:51 AM   #42
SimplyKnightley

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyboy
You argument is also flawed in the matter that the homosexual couple is not trying to conceive a child, they are just raising the child.
i quote myself, "nature does not make it possible for humans of the same gender to conceive a child."

when did i ever argue about homosexual couples attempting to conceive? i am just saying it is impossible for them to do so and thus, not intended by nature that they parent a child together.

you claimed that a child raised by homosexual parents "would certainly be taught to have a very tolerant view of the world". i find that sweeping, baseless and flawed.
Old 15-03-2005, 05:59 AM   #43
room4602
Newcomer

If it doesn't harm anyone why stop it? I think homosexuals should have the right to take care of a child if they are financially stable and emotionally capable. Although I am a Catholic and I'm conservative (both groups frown upon homosexuality), I don't think this kind of decision is up to us. I believe all people deserve this kind a freedom. I am in no way against homosexuality. Woudln't it be dictatorship is we refused someone a right based on their sexual orientation?

I found that I only liked 2 things about Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace - Ironically they were BOTH Queen Amidalas.
room4602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 07:52 AM   Officer #44
Flightfreak
Stalker Boi

Quote:
i quote myself, "nature does not make it possible for humans of the same gender to conceive a child."

when did i ever argue about homosexual couples attempting to conceive? i am just saying it is impossible for them to do so and thus, not intended by nature that they parent a child together.

you claimed that a child raised by homosexual parents "would certainly be taught to have a very tolerant view of the world". i find that sweeping, baseless and flawed.
its a fact that childeren who were raised by homosexual parents have a more open minded / open tolerant view.
Flightfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 07:57 AM   #45
SimplyKnightley

facts need to be substantiated
Old 15-03-2005, 08:17 AM   Officer #46
Flightfreak
Stalker Boi

I am to lazy to look it up. but its logical no?
people who have to fight more for the same social acceptance as hetro people, have a better ability to empathize and are more tolerant towards other people, the fact that gay people need fight more for social acceptance, gives them the possibility to raise their children (adopted or not) with those social values. What makes them more tolerant and openminded.
Old 15-03-2005, 08:24 AM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #47
Liam
Bogan Elite

They need to fight for acceptance?

Its getting to the point now where heterosexual people are having to fight for acceptance. Political correctness has gone way too far. Two popular radio hosts here are being *forced* to apologise for referring to a pair of gay blokes who flaunted themselves on television as 'poofs' - a phrase which has been in the Australian vernacular for decades. It shits me, I'm afraid.

I'm all for equal rights, I really am. I'm just sick and tired of the bullshit that ensues when equal rights get taken too far.

</rant>
Old 15-03-2005, 08:25 AM   #48
SimplyKnightley

i'm afraid it doesn't quite work that way. what about abused kids who grow up to be abusers themselves? shouldn't they be more empathetic since they have experienced first hand what it's like to be physically and/or mentally terrorized? hence logic doesn't apply that way.
Old 15-03-2005, 09:15 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #49
duckula
Nobler in the mind.

Gays should be shot, not entrusted with the upbringing of the next generation.
duckula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 04:43 PM   Officer #50
Flightfreak
Stalker Boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam
They need to fight for acceptance?

Its getting to the point now where heterosexual people are having to fight for acceptance. Political correctness has gone way too far. Two popular radio hosts here are being *forced* to apologise for referring to a pair of gay blokes who flaunted themselves on television as 'poofs' - a phrase which has been in the Australian vernacular for decades. It shits me, I'm afraid.

I'm all for equal rights, I really am. I'm just sick and tired of the bullshit that ensues when equal rights get taken too far.

</rant>
Well than you have a problem with the Media who blows it out of proportion and not with gay people themselves.
"Sensational press is a billion dollars industries"...due the stupidity of ...% of the population who keeps it rolling.

Quote:
i'm afraid it doesn't quite work that way. what about abused kids who grow up to be abusers themselves? shouldn't they be more empathetic since they have experienced first hand what it's like to be physically and/or mentally terrorized? hence logic doesn't apply that way.
Some abused children are more empathetic,…, some aren’t,...but each situation is different,…,each child is different,...,you can’t put them in one box "abused children".
AS IF raising kids by homosexual parents is like abusing them, like mentally terrorizing them that’s just ridicules.
Your argument is flawed.

To educate is setting an example for your kids,…, how they should behave in our society (this is one part of educating children...).
Because of the fact that gay people need to fight more for social acceptance in our society will make their children more open-minded, because their parents will raise them with those social values,…, what will make them more open-minded and socially tolerant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckula
luckily it isn’t genetically stipulated.

Last edited by Flightfreak; 15-03-2005 at 05:03 PM.
Old 15-03-2005, 06:50 PM   #51
keiracaleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckula
Duckula u do realise you have just probably hurt every single homosexual memeber of this forum! If you want to express your opinion do so in a way that will not insult anyone else on the forums isn't one of the rules dont insult any of the other members? by expressing you opinion in that ludicrous manner you have broken that rule. We homosexuals can't help it and how would you liek it if somebody turned up on your doorstep and said to you" You're different we have come to kill you!", heldl you down and then blasted your brains out!?
Jackhe's fine just like i promised she's all set to marry norrington just like she promised and you get to die for her just like you promised so really we're all men of our word exept elizabeth who is in fact a woman.

Keira(blooper on POTC after accepting norringotn's proposal)hall i shop for something to wear? Or will it be bare breast and ankles all the way?
keiracaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 07:45 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #52
Leonie
Elle

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiracaleb
Duckula u do realise you have just probably hurt every single homosexual memeber of this forum!
He knows. Trust me. :icon_bigg

Also, have a look at this rule:

Quote:
8. Everything the Mods & Admins say is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. This is a dictatorship not a democracy.

Before you get offended, I'm just kidding

Last edited by Leonie; 15-03-2005 at 08:02 PM.
Leonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 11:46 PM   #53
SimplyKnightley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightfreak
Some abused children are more empathetic,…, some aren’t,...but each situation is different,…,each child is different,...,you can’t put them in one box "abused children".
AS IF raising kids by homosexual parents is like abusing them, like mentally terrorizing them that’s just ridicules.
Your argument is flawed.
exactly. and you can't assume that ALL homosexual parents are better capable of raising kids, which is basically what you are arguing for, again in your latest entry. my example of abused kids is to counteract your flawed argument (the proof of which you are too 'lazy' to provide), not implying anything about abuse of kids by homosexual parents. they are two different matters. so please take time to ponder on the debate and slow down on the rebuke. even if we don't share the same viewpoint at least make this a constructive exchange of thoughts. in case you read that the wrong way i am not pinpointing anyone. just a general reminder
Old 16-03-2005, 06:44 AM   Officer #54
Flightfreak
Stalker Boi

What i am arguing for is that children raised by homosexual parents will be more open-minded and socially tolerant.
Because they get confronted with something most children out hetro families don’t get confronted with. Even worse a lot of parents are intolerant to wraths them, are against gay people, gay marriage, gay parents adoption…
Its just a fact that children with homosexual parents are more openminded more tolerant because they know it, they are used to it, they don’t have difficulties with it because it’s a normal thing.
My example wasn’t flawed; it only showed that parents set an example for their children how to behave in society.
Now abuse of children; first of all raising kids by homosexual is NOT being physically and/or mentally terrorized.
The problem children and situations you refer to are so complex that you cant use them in this argue.
But if you want to argue about that too...be my guest
Now, who are the children who are putted in adoption? Most of the time it are children out the lower class of society, third world countries, orphanages… It are not children that come out healthy family situations… there are very long guard lists of children who wait for adoption and are temperedly in social centrums. Even is you believe that homosexual parents aren’t the best solution, even than those children are better off with homosexual parents then staying in those centrums.

I like constructive exchange of thoughts.
Old 16-03-2005, 07:20 AM   #55
SimplyKnightley

Quote:
What i am arguing for is that children raised by homosexual parents will be more open-minded and socially tolerant.
Because they get confronted with something most children out hetro families don’t get confronted with. Even worse a lot of parents are intolerant to wraths them, are against gay people, gay marriage, gay parents adoption…
Its just a fact that children with homosexual parents are more openminded more tolerant because they know it, they are used to it, they don’t have difficulties with it because it’s a normal thing.
i understand what u're trying to say but it's still a hypothesis which is based on assumptions. sociological implications of a new policy call for long-term, intensive qualitative researches and there is no shortcut about it using so-called logical thinking, e.g. because Parent A is a nice person, Kid A will be raised to be a nice person. It's not so clear-cut like that. if every phenomenon follows logical thinking, the world would be black and white. in reality, it is grey with many different shades. if social outcome can be so easily deduced, then sociologists will be out of job. if you say that "children raised by homosexual parents will be more open-minded and socially tolerant", do u mean that only children raised by homosexual parents can become more open-minded and socially-tolerant? if you do not mean that, then you have lost your case simply because you can't deny the fact that heterosexual parents do raise very open-minded and socially tolerant children.

Quote:
Now abuse of children; first of all raising kids by homosexual is NOT being physically and/or mentally terrorized.
The problem children and situations you refer to are so complex that you cant use them in this argue.
But if you want to argue about that too...be my guest
yes i shall argue not for the mere sake of it but because you have misunderstood my point. i did not say that being raised by homosexual parents is physically and/or mentally terrorizing. i have already explained that "abused kids" is a separate example i used not in direct relation to the topic in question. no wonder u find it complex. i almost got confused by your confusion :P
Old 16-03-2005, 07:41 AM   Officer #56
Flightfreak
Stalker Boi

Quote:
"children raised by homosexual parents will be more open-minded and socially tolerant", do u mean that only children raised by homosexual parents can become more open-minded and socially-tolerant?
No, you miss understood my point
Raising kids is setting an example for them, is raising them up with certain social values, hetro people can raise them with the same values but it doesn’t necessarily happen most of the times it don’t, or less than with homosexual parents. with homosexual parents it happens automatically because the children get confronted with hetro couples as well as with homosexual couples what makes them more understandable and tolerant for it, what makes them also more open and tolerant for other social differences.
My hypotheses are based on personal experience and logical thinking.
You can't deny the fact that those children are better off with homosexual parents than in social centrums.

Quote:
yes i shall argue not for the mere sake of it but because you have misunderstood my point. i did not say that being raised by homosexual parents is physically and/or mentally terrorizing. i have already explained that it is a separate example i used not in direct relation to the topic in question. no wonder u find it complex. i almost got confused by your confusion :P
i didn’t find it complex, *the social cases* you referred to are to complex to use in this argue.

Edit: Totally off topic, but i really like you new signature
--> Life is drawing, without an eraser
first time I heard it like that, and it holds an enormous truth.
Old 16-03-2005, 07:52 AM   #57
SimplyKnightley

thank you. at least we agreed on something
Old 16-03-2005, 03:00 PM   Senior Registered Member #58
Ashley

Quote:
Not really, because one could argue that the child could be being taught that abuse is okay and the normal.
Now, you'll come back with something along the lines of "Homosexuality isn't normal." To which I answer back with if it's not normal why doesn nature allow it to happen?
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2005, 11:27 PM   #59
SimplyKnightley

excuse me? oh wait, i don't have to respond to a monologue
Old 17-03-2005, 12:44 AM   Senior Registered Member #60
Ashley

You don't have to but you did.
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote