How to be a great girlfriend in 10 easy steps *NICE ARTICLE* - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > Keira Girls > Relationships & Sexuality

Relationships & Sexuality Advice? I-Told-You-So's? Confusion? Rabid Parents? Stick it in here and smoke it. Boys welcome too!

Old 23-01-2005, 06:49 AM   Senior Registered Member #1
marine

Lightbulb How to be a great girlfriend in 10 easy steps *NICE ARTICLE*

I find that somewhere else (hope i won't get in trouble for posting it here)

To most guys, There's Something About Mary was the perfect film about the perfect girlfriend: Someone who drinks beer, loves sports, smiles sweetly in the face of infantile behaviour and looks like Cameron Diaz. Granted, there's nothing you can do about the Cameron Diaz part, but here are some tips for turning yourself into the kind of gal that prompts guys to ask, "Why can't the women I date be as cool as her?"
in blue: a guy's answer

1. Know the league rules. Want to make a guy's jaw drop? Give him your blow-by-blow of the Arsenal/Man U showdown. Earn him a few quid on your World Cup predictions, and he'll propose to you faster than David Beckham's latest Lamborghini.

1. Who cares about soccer? A lot of guys don't care about sports at all (I'm not one of them), so sports isn't a big thing to stress. Plus, we like to try to explain the game to you.

2. Lose the coasters. These little frisbee things are the bane of a guy's existence; if you insist that he use one, you can't help but come off like a proper miss at a girl's academy. Which would you rather have: A boyfriend, or a smudge-free coffee table?

2. Who doesn't use coasters? Cavemen? Why would you want to date a caveman? Keep the coasters.

3. Laugh at his jokes. Even if they're stupid — especially if they're stupid — a guy's jokes are an irreplaceable token of his manhood. If you don't laugh, it's just like waving around a pair of knitting needles. Extra points if you fake a giggle fit in front of his mates.

3. This is the absolute worst thing you can do. I'd much rather have a woman bust my balls about a bad joke than fake-laugh at it. It shows that you're independent and have a brain, which is very, very sexy. And if you're quick enough to come back at me with a much better joke.... Definite keeper.

4. Share the wealth. Speaking of his friends, if you follow all the tips listed here, they're going to be very jealous that the two of you are an item — so coax out your single female pals every now and then and let everyone mingle. If nothing else, it's good karma.

4. This is a must. Sorry. You must try to hook your friends up with my friends. Plus it's fun to talk about.

5. Let him get lost. No, don't throw him out of the house. The next time you're out driving, and your boyfriend refuses to ask for directions, cut him some slack. Losing his way on the M5 is the closest he may ever get to the adrenaline thrill of skiing the Alps.

5. I don't know about an adrenaline rush. Just don't nag us about it. We're already annoyed with ourselves about getting lost (not that we let on about it) and when you start to criticize, it's just about all we can take

6. Flatter his ego. Whenever your boyfriend tells his latest tiresome tale about slaying some work-related ogre — or starts wondering whether, deep down, he's really suited for life as an epic poet — just tell him he's terrific and you believe in him 100 percent. Even if you don't.

6. Support is always nice, just don't make it fake.

7. Know when to stay home. No guy will come right out and say it — at least, no guy who wants to keep all his body parts — so if you pay extra-careful attention to your boyfriend's mood, you'll know when he wants to spend a night out with the gang by himself.

7. No, don't try to read signals, just ask. "Hey, is this more of a 'guys night out' thing? Because my friends are going dancing..." We'll let you know

8. Buy a round. If you do happen to be out with the gang, buying the next pitcher — or, better yet, turning everyone on to the kind of fancy drink (like Cosmopolitans) that only girls seem to know about — will instantly establish your cool-chick credentials.

8. I'm not sure this is necessary, but it would be cool on occasion.

9. Wear a baseball cap. You know how naturalists, when they want to infiltrate a pack of hyenas, dress in fur pelts? Not only will a baseball cap make you look sexy — especially if you wear it backward — but it'll do a lot to increase your boyfriend's comfort level.

9. This is retarded. Wear what makes you feel comfortable. If you're comfortable, we'll be comfortable.

10. Don't sweat the small stuff. The list is too extensive to include here, but are loose toenail clippings, unwashed towels, and torn jeans really worth a full-blown argument? Go with the flow, and you'll be surprised how often your boyfriend cleans up his dirty habits all by himself.

10. This is the best thing on the list. Just don't nag us and we'll be fine. In fact, if you offer to do it yourself (wash the towels, etc.) we'll often feel bad and do it ourselves
marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2005, 06:52 AM   Senior Registered Member #2
JackYang

lol good stuff.
Old 23-01-2005, 12:01 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #3
duckula
Nobler in the mind.

1. Be hot.

2. Be funny.

3. Calm down.

4. Be faithful.

That is all.
duckula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2005, 12:03 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #4
apoggy
Mmm Marmite

5. spread
Old 23-01-2005, 12:39 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #5
acliff
llama llama duck

6. Be in same country.
Old 23-01-2005, 12:46 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #6
duckula
Nobler in the mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acliff
6. Be in same country.
I thought that was implied.
duckula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2005, 03:51 PM   Senior Registered Member #7
ryan

Quote:
6. Be in same country.
first thing cliff has said that's made me laugh in quite some time.
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2005, 03:54 PM   Senior Registered Member #8
ryan

don't be a slut
don't be clingy
don't be insanely insecure
don't nag
be fun
be spontaneous, but not all day every day
be creative
Old 23-01-2005, 09:22 PM   Senior Registered Member #9
JackYang

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoggy
5. spread
LOL!!!
Old 24-01-2005, 12:58 AM   #10
SimplyKnightley

some men nag too *shudder*
Old 24-01-2005, 01:27 AM   Senior Registered Member #11
ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggieHoops
Men should take that advice too. Esp. the "don't be clingy" and "don't be insanely insecure" bits...that's always annoying.
men should follow all of that advice. it's not just for females, but partners in general.
Old 24-01-2005, 03:38 AM   #12
qzx00

As Dave Chappelle said; there are only 4 things necessary to keep a guy happy;

1. Suck his dick
2. Play with his balls
3. Make him a sandwich
4. Don't talk so much
qzx00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2005, 04:04 AM   #13
IBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by qzx00
As Dave Chappelle said; there are only 4 things necessary to keep a guy happy;

1. Suck his dick
2. Play with his balls
3. Make him a sandwich
4. Don't talk so much

HAHAHAHAHAHA

HA!

I will bet any girl here, any girl. That if she was to make her "perfect boyfriend" she would get bored of him . Give it a week. Why you ask, well its because girls don't know what they want, huh are you kidding.

Don't let them fool you guys. They play all kinds of mutherf***in games. Thats what they really want, to mess with asre minds and take over the world. Whao, i have to calm down.

Be afraid, be aware!
________
EXPERT INSURANCE
IBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2005, 04:39 AM   Senior Registered Member #14
ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBO
HAHAHAHAHAHA

HA!

I will bet any girl here, any girl. That if she was to make her "perfect boyfriend" she would get bored of him . Give it a week. Why you ask, well its because girls don't know what they want, huh are you kidding.

Don't let them fool you guys. They play all kinds of mutherf***in games. Thats what they really want, to mess with asre minds and take over the world. Whao, i have to calm down.

Be afraid, be aware!

boredom is spawned from predictability. if you know how a person is going to act/react in every situation, you're bored sick of them in no time.

solution: mix things up. be spontaneous. creative.
Old 24-01-2005, 04:46 AM   #15
IBO

so play the same mind games? safe. Beat them at there own games
________
black girl Webcam
IBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2005, 06:51 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #16
acliff
llama llama duck

More critical than all the others, unless you're a bit of a mentalist,
7. Actually Exists
Old 25-01-2005, 06:53 AM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #17
Liam
Bogan Elite

Heh, thats a little cruel
Old 25-01-2005, 07:14 AM   Officer #18
Mags
Officer

heeee.

tell the truth...always
Mags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2005, 07:31 AM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #19
Mandy
Honourary Brit

Quote:
7. Actually Exists
Roflllll. So mean. But really, it's gotta be up there on the list of relationship priorities.
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 01:03 AM   Senior Registered Member #20
ryan

Quote:
7. Actually Exists
hahaha