Ok...Question... - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > Keira Girls > Relationships & Sexuality

Relationships & Sexuality Advice? I-Told-You-So's? Confusion? Rabid Parents? Stick it in here and smoke it. Boys welcome too!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2004, 07:09 PM   #1
MeggieHoops
Will Flash for Cash
 
MeggieHoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 244
Ok...Question...

Ok so, I was talking to my friend about this earlier, so I thought I'd ask all you KKWer's advice.

There are usually alot of men in my life that I'm flirty with, and it's fun and I enjoy it, but I def. want something more, you know? However...whenever I start to have REAL feelings for someone, I get scared and end up saying/doing things to hurt them...sometimes intentionally (as I'm sure some people around here know only too well... :icon_err: ). I know how bad this is, but for some reason I can't seem to stop doing it. I guess in a way I'd rather hurt them than let myself get hurt, but in the end, hurting them hurts me. Any advice on how I can get over the feeling of being scared and commit myself to a real relationship?
__________________
xo Meg
You can't live in the past, because you've got to live for the future.
MeggieHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 07:34 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #2
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt
 
Hazzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,168
Don't get over it. The right guy'll come along who can deal with it and put you at ease eventually so you never feel afraid about it again.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 08:42 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #3
Foeni
Moderator
 
Foeni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1,897
I think that's just the way you are. You may be able to control, but it will always lie deep down just waiting to pop out. Then it's better for the (lucky) guy to know before you start a real relationship. Maybe you could try not to hurt them too much. A litte sting once in a while kinda tests them.
__________________
Danish Liberal Youth.
Foeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 09:12 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #4
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen
 
hasselbrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sugar Hill, GA... finally! Civilization!
Posts: 4,590
Date thicker skinned men.
__________________
"Purgatory's kind of like the in-betweeny one. You weren't really shit, but you weren't all that great either. Like Tottenham."
I'll try being nicer...if you'll try being smarter.
hasselbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 10:39 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #5
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt
 
Hazzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad
Date thicker skinned men.
What he said.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 10:52 PM   Senior Registered Member #6
ryan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggieHoops
However...whenever I start to have REAL feelings for someone, I get scared and end up saying/doing things to hurt them...sometimes intentionally (as I'm sure some people around here know only too well... :icon_err: )
whoever could you be referring to?

i'll use the ol' poker analogy/matt damon quote on this one.

you can't win what you don't put in the middle.
this translates to: sometimes you have to take a risk in order to acheieve or win something. something (yourself, in this instance) needs to be put on the line in order to get what you want. good things don't keep happening to people just by chance. they don't get what they want by taking the easy road. life would be boring if we never had challenges or obsticles.
take a risk. if it fails, you get hurt. you're gonna get hurt anyway if you keep doing what you're doing. what do you have to lose?
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 10:54 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #7
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt
 
Hazzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,168
Can't actually disagree with Ryan one bit. No risk no reward <shrugs>.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 12:45 PM   Officer #8
Flightfreak
Stalker Boi
 
Flightfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 678
It’s very good that you realise that you have that problem.
The best thing you can do is just be honest about it,
Its very confusing for a guy, so talk about it,
it will make things easier for you and for the guy.
__________________
.•°―°•.Έ.•°―°•.-> 3rd Member Of Keira Knightleyz Posse!<-.Έ.•°―°•.Έ.•°―°•.
The lobbying groups all hate him and thats a good sign.
You may laugh because I'm different, but I laugh because you're all the same! Quote Narg aka Brendon Gilson RIP
Flightfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 03:45 PM   #9
johnnyboy
Member
 
johnnyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 218
What sort of things do you say?

No guy likes to be insulted or hurt, and guys, as well as girls, have different tolerance levels for such things. Find the time to talk to the guy you like and explain to him why you say/do these things. Chances are he'll understand and the relationship will be better because of it. Honesty is the best thing for a relationship, communication is the key. Just keep in mind, just because you told him why you do it doesn't mean that he'll be able to take it forever.
__________________
what to do
johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 02:16 PM   Senior Registered Member #10
KeirazBabe
The Kewlest
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Windsor, U.K
Posts: 407
Im crap at advice so *hugz to the fellow meg* hehe

xXx
__________________
Megan xXx
- Wear It Proud -
~* 1st Member & Founder Of Keiraz Posse! *~
KeirazBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2004, 07:19 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #11
Kelsey
Holly Moderator
 
Kelsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Wild Wild West
Posts: 1,188
I would rather be the type that runs away at the first sight of serious feelings. Alas, I am not. Don't lose all of that hesitant nature...you were right on the money with the whole "....I'd rather hurt them than let myself get hurt" thing. I've seen "Closer."
__________________
~* Kelsey *~

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2004, 10:06 AM   #12
Allanon
Member
 
Allanon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 104
A guy that really likes you won't move an inch if you say something bad to him at least I know I wouldn't.
Allanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2004, 03:47 PM   Senior Registered Member #13
ryan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanon
A guy that really likes you won't move an inch if you say something bad to him at least I know I wouldn't.
oh, you young kids.
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2004, 09:05 PM   #14
Allanon
Member
 
Allanon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 104
young kids? I might be older then you ryan for all you know but as a matter of fact I'm not. And second of all are you saying that you would go away if you really liked the girl?
Allanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2004, 09:45 PM   Officer #15
Flightfreak
Stalker Boi
 
Flightfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 678
look, you dont know the situation and i know you post with good aim,
but i think you better let this thread rest.

its not al black and white like you see it
__________________
.•°―°•.Έ.•°―°•.-> 3rd Member Of Keira Knightleyz Posse!<-.Έ.•°―°•.Έ.•°―°•.
The lobbying groups all hate him and thats a good sign.
You may laugh because I'm different, but I laugh because you're all the same! Quote Narg aka Brendon Gilson RIP
Flightfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2004, 01:33 AM   #16
Melvin
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I assume you and Ryan are both in the category of "certain people" or "some people" or whatever it was (just basing that on your replies, sorry if I assumed wrong) and obviously know the situation a lot better than Allanon but I happen to agree with him (or is it her? Sorry if I've offended you).

I do think that if you're in one of those situations, and you know the other party does things like that, you modify your own behaviour and how you react to it. It's like the thing with bullying and standing up to the bully, where eventually the bully backs down. If someone plays games or does stuff like that, they're doing it to provoke a certain reaction. Any man knows all women play games, manipulation is something they're skilled at, and I think any honest woman would agree with that. However if you don't give them the reaction they're looking for, they may stop doing whatever it is they do.

That's just my thought, but of course I don't know the specifics of the situation and clearly other people here do so it's probably best I shut up now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2004, 01:41 AM   Senior Registered Member #17
ryan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanon
young kids? I might be older then you ryan for all you know but as a matter of fact I'm not. And second of all are you saying that you would go away if you really liked the girl?
if the person is worth liking, they wouldn't keep blowing up at me. yes, i'd "go away" if the person kept acting like that.

sure, if they were having a really bad day and let a little out on me, it's forgiveable, but if they do it for no reason or some lame reason, you bet i'd walk. why sit there and take it?
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2004, 01:49 AM   #18
Melvin
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Ryan, forgive me again if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you were involved with this girl. So would you say other than the blowing up this girl was worth liking?

If so I think that answers your question because people do weird stuff when they're afraid, and if that's what it is (and that's what it sounds like) that fear should go away after some time because the girl'll learn to trust that you won't hurt her. I think given how a lot of guys act (and you sound like a nice guy so you know that not all guys are like that) it's natural for women to be afraid of being left broken hearted.

I just think the risk thing works both ways. If she's not willing to risk being hurt, and you're not willing to risk being hurt, then it won't go anywhere. Obviously if you think that the person isn't worth being hurt by, then that's simple. Like I said, I don't know the situation, or the girl (other than what she's posted here) so she could be a right bitch and not worth the trouble. Just like not all guys are nice, a lot of girls are bitches and if that's the case, then I'd agree with you. If she's just being a bitch for the hell of it, good riddance.
  Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2004, 02:38 AM   Senior Registered Member #19
ryan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin
Ryan, forgive me again if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you were involved with this girl. So would you say other than the blowing up this girl was worth liking?

If so I think that answers your question because people do weird stuff when they're afraid, and if that's what it is (and that's what it sounds like) that fear should go away after some time because the girl'll learn to trust that you won't hurt her. I think given how a lot of guys act (and you sound like a nice guy so you know that not all guys are like that) it's natural for women to be afraid of being left broken hearted.

I just think the risk thing works both ways. If she's not willing to risk being hurt, and you're not willing to risk being hurt, then it won't go anywhere. Obviously if you think that the person isn't worth being hurt by, then that's simple. Like I said, I don't know the situation, or the girl (other than what she's posted here) so she could be a right bitch and not worth the trouble. Just like not all guys are nice, a lot of girls are bitches and if that's the case, then I'd agree with you. If she's just being a bitch for the hell of it, good riddance.

are you referring to meghan?
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2004, 03:43 AM   Senior Registered Member #20
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist
 
deviljet88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,814
Melvin's good at assumptions.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardnax
Don't listen to Jet, he's mean to everybody.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
By appointment to HM Keira Knightley.