Thoughts on love??? - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > Keira Girls > Relationships & Sexuality

Relationships & Sexuality Advice? I-Told-You-So's? Confusion? Rabid Parents? Stick it in here and smoke it. Boys welcome too!

Old 28-06-2004, 04:39 PM   Senior Registered Member #1
Elijahfan

Thoughts on love???

seriously i think love is a load of crap right now. i think i just have to be older to get it...last year in school (freshman in highschool) everything was shit. people would be "going out" for 2 days. nothing really made sense when you looked at their relationships. i think it's really stupid how young horny teenagers can think their in love. the whole highschool idea is really bull. i thought people got more mature when highschool came but i think i was really naive in thinking that. girls became sluts and boys became horny dogs.

I’m okay with being unimpressive, I sleep better ~Garden State~
Elijahfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2004, 05:58 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #2
barrington
Kite-Eating Tree

One way to guarantee you'll never find love is to go looking for it; took me the best part of 22 years and we didn't even particularly like each other at first.

There's nothing wrong with thinking you're in love when you're not - it only serves to make the real deal all the more powerful by contrast.

I can't believe I just gave out some reassuring relationship advice. Maybe this is me getting in touch with my feminine side. I'll have to fix that.
barrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2004, 07:25 PM   Officer #3
Julespaxton
Officer

hey love in highschool can happen. I'mm a living example. I met this guy at a dance and we've been going out for ages now. We're very in love, but we know we're too young to get married....
Julespaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2004, 07:26 PM   #4
Moe

Sorry to drag this off-topic, but I am confused. What exactly does this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum subtitle
A board exclusively for our female members to call home!
mean? Only the female board population may post here? Or how is this supposed to work?
Moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2004, 07:42 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #5
barrington
Kite-Eating Tree

It's never been a hard and fast rule, but we've always encouraged the boys not to post in the Girls forum and it's generally worked well. The gents can post in this subform without hinderance. It was only allocated to the Girls because it was the most relevant place w/ref to the performance of the previous Girls forum on the old board.
barrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2004, 08:48 PM   Senior Registered Member #6
ryan

i personally think 'love' any time during or before high school (before you're 18) is a load of shit.
i dont think people know what they really want at that age and it's more wishful thinking than any real emotion.
a vast majority of people probably dont even find 'love' until their early-mid 20's, i'd say. by then, people are mature and experienced to know what they really want.
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2004, 08:58 PM   Officer #7
Julespaxton
Officer

ok, i know it sounds odd, but it really has happend. I dont want people to think me batty or sumthin, but honestly in rare cases it does happen.
Julespaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2004, 09:02 PM   Senior Registered Member #8
Ashley

I believe it can happen. It didn't to me.... but to others sure. High school sweethearts getting married. It happens. Rare of course, but I fully believe it can happen.
Old 28-06-2004, 09:05 PM   Senior Registered Member #9
ryan

yes, its possible for "high school sweethearts" to get married, but i don't think they typically "fall in love" until later on in their lives. sure, they can stay together and date through high school and what not, but i bet most of the time, they finally figure out that they're meant to be later on in their lives. their 20's, perhaps.
Old 28-06-2004, 09:19 PM   Senior Registered Member #10
Ashley

I believe that your views of what love is changes all through your life. So in high school you'd be in love with the person who you can, I don't know, see yourself going to all the dances with and maybe it's more physical than intellectual. However, as you grow your relationship grows into the intellectual side. It goes from pysical love to intellectual love. So, you're in love in high school but in a different way, I less evolved way. Make any sense?
Old 28-06-2004, 10:54 PM   Senior Registered Member #11
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

What if you're 17 and you love the other person completely inside and out. I mean, I'm in highschool and, like Jules, am in love with someone. It's very true that highschool 'love' tends to be just physical attraction and doesn't last long. But in my case, it's the complete opposite, I truly love her and I know I always will.
Old 28-06-2004, 10:57 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #12
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

There are no hard and fast rules...simple rule of thumb is...when you are...you'll know...and sod anyone who says you don't know what you're feeling, as you do

I mean I know for a fact that Jacoby here told me he wouldn't leave the love of his life even if Natalie Portman turned up on his doorstep
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 02:32 AM   Senior Registered Member #13
Pygmalion
Pissed

Well even if I WANTED to I couldn't marry my highschool sweetheart since its illegal for same-sex couples to marry in the godforsaken hole of a continent that is Australia, so according to our government I can't be in love. Legally.
Pygmalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 03:20 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #14
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

I don't think you need to be a certain age to be in love - it's not like you just turn 18 and something clicks..."I'm 18 so now when I say 'I love you' it's automatically true.'" I've been in a few relationships, but I've been in (absolutely, positively) love once, and I'm 17. I don't think age matters at any time during life.

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 04:07 AM   Senior Registered Member #15
ryan

i dont think people below a certain age are mature enough to feel what actual love is.
that's why i throw an age on it. it's probably when about most people begin to get an idea of what love is to them.
obviously you dont wake up one day and realize what love is, but i dont think you really know until you're an adult. anything before that is nothing more than confusion and/or wishful thinking.
Old 29-06-2004, 08:17 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #16
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

I guess different people have different experiences.

Check out my blog:
Old 29-06-2004, 02:45 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #17
Liam
Bogan Elite

Age has nothing to do with it.

Sure, a 12 year old isnt likely to have any idea about it, but honestly, whats the difference between being 17 and 200 days old and 18 and 1 day old? (Anyone who gives me a figure in days gets a fucking smack in the mouth). The whole thing about suddenly being entirely mature at age 18 is a crock.

I'm 21 and I've been in love once. It was the happiest time of my life and I'd give my right arm to go back to how it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
I mean I know for a fact that Jacoby here told me he wouldn't leave the love of his life even if Natalie Portman turned up on his doorstep
Well...you are one of the few I told about my experience mate...and you know thats true about me. Thats what love does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrington
I can't believe I just gave out some reassuring relationship advice. Maybe this is me getting in touch with my feminine side. I'll have to fix that.
You are letting the team down old fruit.
Old 29-06-2004, 05:49 PM   Senior Registered Member #18
Elijahfan

thanks for everyone's views, they're very insightful... well continuing...

i just got cold mountain today (it came out). and i envy the love that jude law and nicole kidman's characters have. i think that's my ideal love, but it's always bad to get expectations for things, tend to always get let down. though i still love the movie and think what they have is just beautiful.

or when you just have something special, like my quote down below. i think that kind of being relaxed and cool around a person is really something.

I’m okay with being unimpressive, I sleep better ~Garden State~
Elijahfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 06:40 PM   Senior Registered Member #19
ryan

age is simply an average time when people can begin to develop said emotions. it's not mean to be a for sure rule to go by.

like i said before, its obvious that people dont realize what love is overnight. it happens over a long period of time, and i think that period of time begins near the end of one's teenage years or beginning of their twenties.
people without a certain degree of maturity can't feel 'actual' love, in my opinion. they only feel what they think is love.
Old 29-06-2004, 06:49 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #20
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijahfan
thanks for everyone's views, they're very insightful... well continuing...

i just got cold mountain today (it came out). and i envy the love that jude law and nicole kidman's characters have. i think that's my ideal love, but it's always bad to get expectations for things, tend to always get let down. though i still love the movie and think what they have is just beautiful.

or when you just have something special, like my quote down below. i think that kind of being relaxed and cool around a person is really something.
Heh...have you seen The Notebook yet? That's the kind of love I envy - I want a Noah!

Thanks for reminding me...I have to go buy Cold Mountain and The Perfect Score today.

Check out my blog: