Good Music? - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 13-01-2005, 02:55 AM   #1
mk 2.0

Good Music?

Just want to hear everyone's preferance {sp?} on music.

Just list some cool artists/ favorites
and maybe their best song.

That would be cool.

Mine:
Garden State Soundtrack is awesome.
I also like listening to Frou Frou's 'Let Go'
and Muse's 'Butterflies & Hurricanes', my fav for now so AWESOME!!!

PEACE
Old 13-01-2005, 03:48 AM   Senior Registered Member #2
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

I like your taste in music, though I don't mind Zero 7's In the Waiting from the Garden State Soundtrack. Current favourite song is Queen of the Stone Age's In My head because I spent too much time playing with my friend on Need for Speed Underground 2 (one of the songs off the game).

Btw, you should check out http://www.kkwavefront.org/forums/sh...p?t=206&page=1 which is nearly exactly the same thread.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2005, 04:09 AM   #3
IBO

Fox NFL Football theme
________
EXPERT INSURANCE
IBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2005, 04:36 AM   Senior Registered Member #4
Narg
Westie Yobbo

Mostly heavy metal, nu metal, punk, rock, trance, techno, anything with a decent beat, and a nice guitarr riff.
Old 13-01-2005, 12:46 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #5
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

I've actually been listening to the Garden State soundtrack in the car. I've been in a Caring is Creepy mood as of late.
Old 13-01-2005, 07:13 PM   Senior Registered Member #6
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad
I've actually been listening to the Garden State soundtrack in the car. I've been in a Caring is Creepy mood as of late.
Well then don't waste your money on the GS soundtrack and just go buy Oh, Inverted World. The Shins' first major album. One of the best albums ever, in my opinion.
Old 13-01-2005, 09:52 PM   Senior Registered Member #7
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Lately I've been listening to Lenny Kravitz's "Baptism", which isn't too bad.
I've also been listening to Coldplay's "A Rush of Blood to the Head". Their new album drops this spring, I can't wait.
Old 13-01-2005, 10:14 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #8
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby
Well then don't waste your money on the GS soundtrack and just go buy Oh, Inverted World. The Shins' first major album. One of the best albums ever, in my opinion.
Well, it's too late, but thanks for the info.
Old 13-01-2005, 10:19 PM   Senior Registered Member #9
Richard
Dated

I'll just list the bands I've been listening to lately... but just for the record, most of life I've been listening to anything from the 1950s to the 1980s. I kinda refuse to be pulled into the music my generation listens to, which isn't quite a good thing... because I never know who they're talking about.

After ES told me to get some serious schoolin' into the ways of British Invasion, I decided to take a gander at The Animals. (I wasn't hurt by it, perhaps it was just a wake-up call). But before I decided to do this, I had already known The Animals for their hits "House Of The Rising Sun", "We've Gotta Get Out Of This Place", and "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood". Now, upon listening to almost all the songs the album had to offer, I couldn't help but read some of the reviews for the band. I wasn't determined to agree with what many said about the lead singer trying to intimate Mick Jagger, but after listening to him for over 30 minutes, he does sound a little like him, but it doesn't matter. By the end of this I thought I would end up liking more songs from the group, it just ended up with me only liking the first three I mentioned above. Evidently, their major hits. I'm sure they had more, but I wouldn't go as far as to say they were one of the most important bands during the British Invasion.

After listening to The Animals, I then decided to listen to The Hollies. (Wondering where they got that from? Charles Hardin Holly a.k.a. Buddy Holly, out of respect evidently). Not quite important during the British Invasion, but still had some great songs that were well worth revisiting. My personal favs; "Bus Stop", "Carrie Anne", "Look Through Any Window", "Stop, Stop, Stop", and "Long Cool Woman". Many of the reviews I read were very much decent, I almost wholeheartedly agreed with them. Sadly, I didn't really like as much songs as I hoped for other than the ones I mentioned above too. Still a good band.

The infamous Dave Clark Five and my favorites "Glad All Over", "Because", "Over & Over", and a few more but I can't remember the names. If anyone where to ask me today who do I think is the most important band during the years of British Invasion other than The Beatles & The Rolling Stones, I'd say Dave Clark Five. I still have to listen to more of their songs, but my opinion of them is pretty definite.

I haven't been listening to much of The Kinks, but if memory serves "You Really Got Me", "All Day And All Of The Night", and "Tired Of Waiting For You" are the ones I enjoyed as a kid growing up. They're on my list for future album purchases.

Other honorable mentions for British bands for that era (duos); The Zombies for "Time Of The Season", and "She's Not There". Hermen's Hermits for just about everything they sung. Peter & Gordon for "A World Without Love", "I Go To Pieces", "Lady Godiva" and "Town I Live In" are a few.

Anywho... other than British bands I have quite a few favorites from that era. And duos.

The Four Seasons, Tommy James & The Shondells, Three Dog Night, The Byrds, The Everly Brothers, Steppenwolf, America, Strawberry Alarm Clock, The Grassroots, The Righteous Brothers... and I can't think of anything else at the moment.

If anybody makes another music thread, somebody remind me to copy and paste this.
Old 14-01-2005, 01:43 AM   #10
Dionysus

i almost only listen to classic rock n roll rhythm and blues and good ole mississippi blues

right now im listening to Pink Floyd, i also LOVE Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Deep Purple, Easybeats, Janis Joplin, The Who, Cream, Robert Johnson, AC/DC, Bob Dylan, Moody Blues, Doors, Animals, Son House, Neil Young, Eric Clapton, Jethro Tull, Stevie Wright, Beach Boys, U2, Taj Mahal, Little Richard, Leadbelly, Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, Queen, Muddy Waters, Velvet Underground, Jimi Hendrix, Van Morrison, Jefferson Airplane, John Mayall Blues Breakers, Black Sabbath, Buddy Guy, Howlin' Wolf and more
Old 14-01-2005, 04:23 AM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #11
Liam
Bogan Elite

Slayer.
Old 14-01-2005, 05:40 AM   #12
Nick

I like to listen to music mostly from the 60's and 70's and a little form the 80's.
I don't care much for most of the newer groups because all the rock groups now days try to claim that they are punk when in reality they're no where near real punk. Most of the singers and musicians now are a bunch of pretty boys who are way to pansy to be real punk rockers. That's why if I'm going to listen to punk and/or heavy metal I prefer the real punk from the late 70's and early 80's such as AC/DC, Motley Crue, Queen, Guns N Roses, Scorpions, Alice Cooper, etc.
As for music from the mid 60's to 70's I like the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, and of course Jimi Hendrix. No guitarist today can even compare to the guitar playing of Jimi, most musicians now just pound on the guitar and make it screech really loudly. So I don't care what anyone else says Jimi was by far the best and there will never be another like him.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2005, 07:20 AM   Senior Registered Member #13
Pygmalion
Pissed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk 2.0
and Muse's 'Butterflies & Hurricanes', my fav for now so AWESOME!!!
That is a fantastic song I must say.

I'm listening to The Eagles Of Death Metal-They only have one album-and The Hives Tyranosaurus Hive which is SUCH a good album.

Human by Goldfrapp is my favourite song at the moment.
Pygmalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2005, 08:44 AM   Senior Registered Member #14
Scott

At the moment in my CD player I have:
Megadeth - Countdown to Extinction
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Metallica - ...And Justice For All
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2005, 01:32 PM   #15
Dionysus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick
No guitarist today can even compare to the guitar playing of Jimi, most musicians now just pound on the guitar and make it screech really loudly.
LOL
ironically thats what Jimi did, he was arguably (perhaps the who or cream maybe) the first musician to incorporate feedback into his music, but he made it sound AMAZING
i agree with you about the rest, the 60's & 70's were by far the best for music (see my post above for my fav bands), i hear these pathetic bands these days, and theyre guitar solos (if you'd call them that) are pathetic, its noise, high pitch bend, more noise another high pitch bend, more noise higher pith bend, finish
pft, its sad really
Old 14-01-2005, 04:09 PM   #16
FooTM

At the mo -

The Hives - Two Timing Touch and Broken Bones
The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots pt. 1
Lethal Bizzle - Forward Riddim
Ludacris - Child of the Night/Number One Spot/Put Your Money

Number 62.
FooTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2005, 04:59 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #17
Leonie
Elle

Muse, Sunburn. No biscuit for whoever saw that coming
Old 14-01-2005, 05:24 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #18
acliff
llama llama duck

At the moment the bands I'm listening to most is the Zutons, Jeff Buckley, Johnny Cash and Led Zeppelin. Eclectic or what?
Old 14-01-2005, 05:33 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #19
Leonie
Elle

Hmmm... Apart from the obvious Muse addiction, I am currently listening to Oasis and Within Temptation. I left most of my CDs at uni. How foolish
Old 14-01-2005, 06:35 PM   #20
Laura
Newcomer

Can't beat a bit of muse.
Laura is offline   Reply With Quote