Asian earthquake - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 01-01-2005, 07:35 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Senior Registered Member #21
peach

It's awful to hear, read and see all the things on the news etc..It gives me teary eyes to think of it when all you do is hear about the catastrophe.I'm deciding where I'm gonna donate some money, there are so many alternatives to choose from.
peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 03:12 PM   #22
Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by peach
It's awful to hear, read and see all the things on the news etc..It gives me teary eyes to think of it when all you do is hear about the catastrophe.I'm deciding where I'm gonna donate some money, there are so many alternatives to choose from.
You're from Sweden so may be you could answer why it is that Thailand is so popular among Swedish people as Sweden has had alot more losses than the other European countries?

The death toll has now reached a reported 140,000 with it still expected to rise alot more.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:14 PM   Senior Registered Member #23
KeirazBabe
The Kewlest

I think its absolutely awful my friend was out in Thailand when it hapened and thank Gawd hes fine *hugz him*...but i also think its great how much people have pulled together and donated money and gone out as volenters (shite, how do you spell that? ha..dumb arse!)

xXx
KeirazBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 08:20 PM   #24
Andrew

It is a shame that in maybe a years time when it is no longer recieving the widespread coverage that it is getting now these people will stop recieving aid as people will forget about them like which has happened on many previous occasions, and what makes it worse now is that the news are reporting that children are going missing and are thought to be being used in the child sex trade.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:28 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Senior Registered Member #25
peach

I'm not sure why Thailand is popular among Swedish people but I think it's because it's cheap to live down there, comparing to sweden it's excotic, different culture etc. It's a perfect place to travel with the family, children friendly.. The media in Sweden are talking about it constantly, you can call me stupid but when I see things about it on the tv I just change the channel cause I can't stand to see it more, I know what happens, people are dying some are found, people are suffering etc. It just makes me wanna cry I've done my donation, I can't do more. People have been asked if they could concider visit Thailand again, and they all said that they would. There are many Swedish people who are working there within tourism. They said that 1903 is still missing. So we'll see what happens.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:45 PM   Senior Registered Member #26
frodo1511
Pin Dick

US is reported to give 350 mill. to help with the aftermath of the tsunami.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:00 AM   Senior Registered Member #27
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by peach
I'm not sure why Thailand is popular among Swedish people but I think it's because it's cheap to live down there, comparing to sweden it's excotic, different culture etc. It's a perfect place to travel with the family, children friendly.. The media in Sweden are talking about it constantly, you can call me stupid but when I see things about it on the tv I just change the channel cause I can't stand to see it more, I know what happens, people are dying some are found, people are suffering etc. It just makes me wanna cry I've done my donation, I can't do more. People have been asked if they could concider visit Thailand again, and they all said that they would. There are many Swedish people who are working there within tourism. They said that 1903 is still missing. So we'll see what happens.
You heard about the 12 year old Swedish kid who apparently got abducted by child traffikers (Christian Walker or something)? Apparently some sick bastards are taking orphaned kids and "caring" for them. Those low lifes should go to hell for taking advantage of children especially when they need help, not more pain.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 04:27 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #28
acliff
llama llama duck

I heard something absolutely despicable today.
There were people calling in to radio stations complaining about the 3 minute silence that was held for the victims and families affected by the earthquake.
Which is fair enough to an extent, as their parents may have died in world war 1, and respectful silence for that is only 3 minutes a year.
But what I found absolutely unbelievable was how some people were saying how they were being dictated to, and how they weren't going to do it just because the EU told them to.
To the point where some people call in saying that they actively made a point of making noise and answering phones loudly and shouting how they weren't going to be silent during the silence.
The fucking cheek of it. If I was at work, and some person was making a noise just to prove a point, I would have fucking knocked them out. Can't believe they couldn't show 3 minutes of respect, if not for the victims (its not our problem), for the people who actually care about the victims.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:43 PM   #29
Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by acliff
I heard something absolutely despicable today.
There were people calling in to radio stations complaining about the 3 minute silence that was held for the victims and families affected by the earthquake.
Which is fair enough to an extent, as their parents may have died in world war 1, and respectful silence for that is only 3 minutes a year.
But what I found absolutely unbelievable was how some people were saying how they were being dictated to, and how they weren't going to do it just because the EU told them to.
To the point where some people call in saying that they actively made a point of making noise and answering phones loudly and shouting how they weren't going to be silent during the silence.
The fucking cheek of it. If I was at work, and some person was making a noise just to prove a point, I would have fucking knocked them out. Can't believe they couldn't show 3 minutes of respect, if not for the victims (its not our problem), for the people who actually care about the victims.
Unfortunetly some people don't care about things if it doesn't directly affect them which is a bit of a sad attitude to have towards life.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:15 AM   #30
FooTM

http://img145.exs.cx/img145/1879/ruumiita4ft.jpg

I've seen some sick pictures in my time, but this is quite horrific really.

Number 62.
FooTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 04:33 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Senior Registered Member #31
peach

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviljet88
You heard about the 12 year old Swedish kid who apparently got abducted by child traffikers (Christian Walker or something)? Apparently some sick bastards are taking orphaned kids and "caring" for them. Those low lifes should go to hell for taking advantage of children especially when they need help, not more pain.
They were saying this in the papers yesterday:
The police is suspecting that the twelve year old kid have been kidnapped after the catastrophe in Thailand. He is now notificated as a missing person internationally. Three employers at the Hospital Tai Mueng in Phuket said that they had seen the twelve year old boy at the hospital with company of a european looking man. Acording to sources they were at the hospital to look over some cuts and bruises.
The boys father is almost sure that it was his son that they are talking about and suspecting that the son could be kidnapped.
Later the same day: The employers at the hospital took what they said back, that it probably wasn’t the boy they were looking for. Another source said that they said that the man had told them that they had know eachother from earlier on when they met at another trip.
I’ve got no idea if they found the boy yet but the police said that they won’t rule out anything until they did find him
Old 08-01-2005, 07:36 AM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #32
Leonie
Elle

I think there was a bit on the Dutch news about that too. This Swedish father had rushed to Thailand where his ex-wife and children were on holiday, right? He'd found two of his children, but one of his sons was still missing. Still no word from the ex-wife either.

It's *so* sad. I stick with my previous statement: I am shocked by the heartlessness of some people.

Have donated now btw. Donate if you haven't yet!
Old 12-01-2005, 09:17 AM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #33
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

If anyone wants to donate try to use UNICEF
my dad says they are the beat
95 cents of every dollar will go to relief
Thats where my family gave our money
Ranman is offline   Reply With Quote