What has Keira done for people to hate her? - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira Knightley Discussion

Keira Knightley Discussion General banter on the object of our affection.

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 02:45 PM   #1
Kyle_West

What has Keira done for people to hate her?

It seems everywhere I go on the interent there is someone that says "I really hate keira knightley."

When someone menchioned King Arthur on a website and asked if they're interested, they responded "I would go see it if Keira Knightley weren't in it, I hate her."

Or many other times that people say she sucks and to hell with her. There is no way I'm the only person that sees these things. It doesn't make any sence to me. How is she a hate-a-able person? She seems to have a great personality, she is a good actress (amazing for 19 years old), as so many of you put so many times "She is hot". Any ideas? How can yo hate someone that you will probably never meet? You judge them by the role she is playing? Thats utterly ridiculous. Thoughts?

Old 03-07-2004, 02:54 PM   Senior Registered Member #2
Narg
Westie Yobbo

no idea there... she seems nice enough.. how can u hate someone u dont even know.. thats just pathetic.
Old 03-07-2004, 03:02 PM   #3
Anna

All celebrities have people who hate them and have never met them. I'm not sure why, although sometimes I think that hate is really concealing an obsessive hero-worship of the celebrity that the person is embarassed about or something. Creepy.

And sometimes the person was a huge fan of the cleb, thought s/he was perfect etc., and then the celebrity did something that wasn't perfect (i.e. human), and that shattered the illusion for the fan. So then the person hates him or her for not being perfect. I've met a couple of people online like that (they hated another cleb, not Keira). Even creepier.

#5 in the Keira Knightley Posse
Old 03-07-2004, 03:25 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #4
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

It's the whole "build em up, pull em down" thing the media does...and yes...the media seriously impacts public opinion because too many people are idiotic enough to get persuaded by everything they read instead of thinking and judging for themselves.

I mean how many people read movie reviews and base their assessment of the movie on that, sometimes without even ever having seen it? Or who see it but allow the reviews they read before they went to taint their view of it...it's sad...
Old 03-07-2004, 05:39 PM   #5
Kyle_West

Yeah, sometimes I think people dont have brains. I mean honestly, you don't know them. Shut up and let it go.

Also, as far as im concerned the media can go blow themselves. It seems I disagree with every critic. I hated spiderman 2. I liked the Hulk. I love the broken lizard movies. In that case, i will end up loving King Arthur.

Old 03-07-2004, 05:43 PM   Senior Registered Member #6
Richard
Dated

As far as I know, it's all just jealousy. And screw everybody on the imdb, with the exception of a few.
Old 03-07-2004, 05:45 PM   Senior Registered Member #7
DefyingGravity

Yeah, like me

imdb message boards are mostly nothing but a bunch of twats. Ignore them.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:10 PM   First Class Member Officer #8
Sarah
Nice

At the end of the day, most people just envy her. They're jealous that she has achieved so much in just a short space of time. I mean, Keira has everything, looks, money, fame, etc. She's got it all, and she's just 19. As for me, I'm happy for her. I respect her and admire what she does. I have no reason to hate her, I think she's fantastic.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:14 PM   Senior Registered Member #9
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

She kissed Orlando Bloom in Pirates. I've seen plenty of young girls say something like ''she had her sluty hands all over Orlando in that movie''. Childish, but kind of funny. It's alright though, because this forum would be filled with people like that if they did like her.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:17 PM   First Class Member Officer #10
Sarah
Nice

That is a good point, Jacoby. A friend of mine loves Orlando, and we're talking obsessive liking. Well, one day I was reading an article about Keira in a magazine while in the common room, and my friend said ''Oh, that bitch, how dare she snog my Orlando. All she does is pout like a bloody fish''.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:19 PM   #11
Mistikle

yeh i think it's just jealousy...
she's prettier than them and richer then them and taller and just betta in all ways!!!
Old 04-07-2004, 01:09 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #12
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Well...jealousy certainly explains why some girls "hate" her...us men will never get how women manage to hold such strong grudges and have such strong jealousy and envy of other women...you're so catty

Why men do is what puzzles me...
Old 04-07-2004, 01:36 AM   Senior Registered Member #13
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle

Why men do is what puzzles me...

Some men only like 'HOT' girls. Keira is more beautiful and gorgeous rather than 'hott'. There's only a few photos where she's latherred in make-up and looking whore-ish. Men, at least my friends, usually like the whoreish looking girls. I like Keira because she's actually pretty (and I'm sure it's the same reason for most of the guys here.) That's at least my guess why some of my friends don't like her.
Old 04-07-2004, 03:12 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #14
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby
Some men only like 'HOT' girls. Keira is more beautiful and gorgeous rather than 'hott'. There's only a few photos where she's latherred in make-up and looking whore-ish. Men, at least my friends, usually like the whoreish looking girls. I like Keira because she's actually pretty (and I'm sure it's the same reason for most of the guys here.) That's at least my guess why some of my friends don't like her.
Ahh...yeah...that makes sense. Yeah, I prefer classic beauty, a woman who looks good normally without all the makeup and in a jeans and T-shirt...oh...and a nice demeanour...which I think helps Keira be even more attractive in interviews and stuff.
Old 04-07-2004, 05:00 AM   Senior Registered Member #15
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

I'm saying envy for the girl side, and for the male side, probably just not knowing her well or thinking she's not your cute/hot American teen type. Suits many of my friends anyway.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
Old 04-07-2004, 11:48 PM   #16
Kyle_West

hmmm

Well I came to a conclusion.

Society is full of a bunch of douches.

yeah.

Old 05-07-2004, 12:34 AM   Senior Registered Member #17
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_West
Well I came to a conclusion.

Society is full of a bunch of douches.

yeah.
I used to live in North Carolina too, I know what you mean.
Old 05-07-2004, 10:06 AM   #18
narya

I think they're just jealous! I seem to be handling my jealousy well, and I love her!
Old 05-07-2004, 10:35 AM   Officer #19
DragonRat
Officer

For me, I feel a tinge of jealousy for Keira, simply because she's younger than me, better-looking than me, and makes more money than me (and probably ever will). But, it's a good jealousy, because by doing so, she inspires me to strive for something greater. (Actually, that's what I believed last year, but it still applies a little.)

It's a different type of jealousy, if I were to say...William Hung. At least Keira has a modicum of talent, whereas William Hung is a novelty. It's a combination of envy and admiration with Keira, but a duality of envy and disgust in respect to William Hung.

For those who say they hate Keira, first off, I bet they hardly know the person, so hate is a strong word to use right off the bat. And the most common reasons are because she's richer, she's prettier, and she has a better-looking career than everyone else around her. (And those reasons are hardly reasonable in themselves.) And that whole snogging Orlando Bloom thing... I still don't see how girls can fawn over a guy who looks like a girl. But that's just my opinion.

"Football is about if you want to run and fight for each other, if you really want to play that killer ball." - Robin van Persie, Arsenal FC
Old 05-07-2004, 10:40 AM   #20
narya

Absolutely, good jealousy! I'm jealous because she's so insanely beautiful and got to kiss Orlando.
Closed Thread