"King Arthur" video-game - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira's Movies & Projects

Keira's Movies & Projects The place to discuss Keira's movies, projects and anything else you hear with your ear to the ground...

Old 27-12-2004, 10:21 AM   Senior Registered Member #21
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

Of course EA release so many games that amongst the shit, there's a few gems. What's rag doll physics? Is it like repeatedly chopping at a body and watching it fly around or something?

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2004, 02:24 PM   Senior Registered Member #22
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviljet88
What's rag doll physics? Is it like repeatedly chopping at a body and watching it fly around or something?
Let me put it to you this way Jet: When you kill someone in a video game, let's say, Half-Life 2, they just don't fall down, they twist, shrivel, heck, even catch some air. It obeys the rules of physics(sometimes, however, you may shoot someone with a pistol, and they will go flying 100 feet).

Oh, BTW, if noone picked it out, the eagle in the pic I showed represents the Nazi eagle.
Old 27-12-2004, 02:59 PM   #23
Melvin

I think likening EA to the Nazis is going a bit far.
Old 27-12-2004, 03:09 PM   Senior Registered Member #24
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin
I think likening EA to the Nazis is going a bit far.
Nope, it's just a right fit. See for yourself:
Old 27-12-2004, 08:33 PM   #25
FooTM

EA bring out games the general public want. They (the public) don't notice the faults like repetitive gameplay or slight jagged edges on a game, so they'll go out and buy Goldeneye : Rogue Agent or NFSU2. However, we as more hardcore gamers do notice, so we buy games like Ico and Ninja Gaiden. EA are just a business selling their games, like every other developer/publisher out there.

Besides, EA BIG rock. They made SSX.

Number 62.
FooTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2004, 08:36 PM   #26
Melvin

I like EA games but then I'm not really a hardcore gamer, I just like playing games to pass a little time. Plus I love Fifa (sorry, I don't like Pro Evo as much, although I will play it).

I like SSX Tricky.
Old 27-12-2004, 08:49 PM   Senior Registered Member #27
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooTM
EA bring out games the general public want. They (the public) don't notice the faults like repetitive gameplay or slight jagged edges on a game, so they'll go out and buy Goldeneye : Rogue Agent or NFSU2. However, we as more hardcore gamers do notice, so we buy games like Ico and Ninja Gaiden. EA are just a business selling their games, like every other developer/publisher out there.

Besides, EA BIG rock. They made SSX.
Like I said earlier, this man is my apprentice.

NFSU was cool the first half-hour, but became VERY REPETITIVE. SRS is a much better game. Also, just becuase EA put Goldeneye in the games title dosen't mean it can compare to the best console FPS ever(it sucks majory). Pisses me off when average people vote on shitty games to be the best(hell, this works for CD's and movies as well). But it's not just that EA is selling games, their becoming the Microsoft of the gaming industry, buying out the competition, and forcing them to make half-assed games in a year, that would otherwise be amazing in 3 years, just so they have control of a certain fiscal year quarter. With their NFL deal, and now buying 20% of Ubisoft, the last game I'll ever buy from them is Timesplitters: Future Perfect.
I pray to God that Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory dosen't get involved in their shit.
Old 27-12-2004, 08:57 PM   #28
FooTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
Like I said earlier, this man is my apprentice.

But it's not just that EA is selling games, their becoming the Microsoft of the gaming industry, buying out the competition, and forcing them to make half-assed games in a year, that would otherwise be amazing in 3 years, just so they have control of a certain fiscal year quarter. With their NFL deal, and now buying 20% of Ubisoft, the last game I'll ever buy from them is Timesplitters: Future Perfect.
I pray to God that Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory dosen't get involved in their shit.
Problem is, if EA buy shares and shit in all these companies, they won't learn anything at all. They'll be rolling in money, and won't care whether crappy games are released or not. However, Microsoft learnt that lesson by buying Rare, probably the worst deal of the century, considering the good FPS side of Rare broke off to make Free Radical, and now Rare are the average game (Grabbed by the faggoty Ghoulies), delay (Kameo) kings.

Meh. Splinter Cell wasn't great. I love Metal Gear Solid though

Number 62.
Old 27-12-2004, 09:02 PM   Senior Registered Member #29
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Meh. Splinter Cell wasn't great. I love Metal Gear Solid though
How can you say that?! Splinter Cell was one of the most revolutionay games of 2002. It completly reimagined the entire stealth-action genre, compared to Metal Gear Solid, which has more action, less stealth in it.
Besides, it has the BEST LIGHT/SHADOWS seen this side of Half-Life 2.
Pandora Tommorow continued to up the bar with the most unique multiplayer seen in a long time: 1st person mercenaries vs. 3rd person spies. I still get a kick out of it. And Chaos Theroy will have some of the best Normal-mapping out there, it'll be REAL LOOKING, compared to the shiny outline other games have, and It'll have REALISTIC WATER, not the mercury-looking crap on other games. Add to that brand-new cooperative online missions, and you have an early contender for Game of the Year.

I'll agree that the Microsoft/Rare deal was a waste of money, but their remaking one of my favorite games from the Nintendo 64: Conker. It has unbelieveable fur-shading, hilarious jokes, and some decent gameplay. I can't wait for it.
Old 27-12-2004, 09:07 PM   #30
FooTM

Quote:
How can you say that?! Splinter Cell was one of the most revolutionay games of 2002. It completly reimagined the entire stealth-action genre, compared to Metal Gear Solid, which has more action, less stealth in it.
Besides, it has the BEST LIGHT/SHADOWS seen this side of Half-Life 2.
Pandora Tommorow continued to up the bar with the most unique multiplayer seen in a long time: 1st person mercenaries vs. 3rd person spies. I still get a kick out of it. And Chaos Theroy will have some of the best Normal-mapping out there, it'll be REAL LOOKING, compared to the shiny outline other games have, and It'll have REALISTIC WATER, not the mercury-looking crap on other games. Add to that brand-new cooperative online missions, and you have an early contender for Game of the Year.

I'll agree that the Microsoft/Rare deal was a waste of money, but their remaking one of my favorite games from the Nintendo 64: Conker. It has unbelieveable fur-shading, hilarious jokes, and some decent gameplay. I can't wait for it.
I'm not bothered about MGS's lack of stealth, it was a damn fun game to play IMO.

Shadows point agreed. I was amazed when I saw it in PT.

Its a shame I don't have LIVE. Yes yes I would get it, but its impossible to in my house.

Conker better have a decent offline multiplayer with bots, otherwise I'm not getting it. I wonder how single player will fair in this game? I've heard nowt about it.

Number 62.
Old 27-12-2004, 09:12 PM   Senior Registered Member #31
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Well, Conker's SP is basically the same game as the N64, just with updated VO, graphics, and objectives, mainly due to the fact that the game came out late in the console's lifespan. the MP looks amazing, able to challenge MechAssault 2 and Halo 2.
BTW, do you not have broadband, FooTM? What a shame:P

Sorry, but I need to get this thread back on subject: Anyone who has played this game, what are your thoughts on it? I REALLY HATED the VO, mainly becuase they sound nothing like the actors. At least hire some people that remotly sound like the actors next time please!!!
Old 27-12-2004, 09:13 PM   #32
FooTM

Quote:
BTW, do you not have broadband, FooTM? What a shame:P
I do but its too complicated and costly for me to set it up

Number 62.
Old 28-12-2004, 02:47 AM   Senior Registered Member #33
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Don't get LIVE, FooTM. It's stocked full with complete assholes. I was going to buy Halo 2 and Live a month ago, but decided not to because I realized I hate playing games like that online. Games that all the dicks play. They'll sit and tell you Halo is better than Metroid Prime because Master Chief is Baaaddaassss. Anyways, I bought a Nintendo DS and a Gamecube instead. Best choice ever.

Also, Frodo, stop calling FooTM your "apprentice". He knows more about games than you. How could you say Splinter Cell is better than MGS? And MGS has as much stealth as you create. If you just take Snake into a middle of a room and try to Rambo everything, it's your loss. You can go through majority of the game unnoticed.

14 more days 'till Minish Cap! 15 more days till RE4. Luff.
Old 28-12-2004, 03:44 AM   Senior Registered Member #34
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby
Don't get LIVE, FooTM. It's stocked full with complete assholes. I was going to buy Halo 2 and Live a month ago, but decided not to because I realized I hate playing games like that online. Games that all the dicks play. They'll sit and tell you Halo is better than Metroid Prime because Master Chief is Baaaddaassss. Anyways, I bought a Nintendo DS and a Gamecube instead. Best choice ever.
Agreed, while LIVE is the best Console online adaptation in existence(yes, beating out the Dreamcast), it does have a bunch of dicks on it. My remedy is, if you have friends, play only with them, so you aren't called a noob or loser. Hell, this goes with any online game(I can't even play Tribes, the locals are so damn good). Anyway, what a coincidence, I was with my friend who bought a DS today. Very sexy, way better than the PSP.

[/quote]Also, Frodo, stop calling FooTM your "apprentice". He knows more about games than you. How could you say Splinter Cell is better than MGS? And MGS has as much stealth as you create. If you just take Snake into a middle of a room and try to Rambo everything, it's your loss. You can go through majority of the game unnoticed. ][/quote]

First off, both games are different in their own perspectives. MGS is more action, Splinter Cell is more stealth. People say that MGS is better because they hate to sneak around in shadows and wait 10 minutes until you can move undetected. I personally like this kind of approach, sneaking my way into a building, knocking out people from behind. Technically, you only need to fire you weapon ONCE in the first one, and I like that sort of freedom. While MGS is very cool in places, it's tiresome cutscenes and boring/confusing-as-fuck storyline bring it's greatness down in my book.

[/quote]14 more days 'till Minish Cap! 15 more days till RE4. Luff.[/quote]

Can't wait for both. I got to play RE4 today, and it's amazing. I walked into a trip mine around two trees, and screamed in the department store.
Zelda Minish Cap is going to be awesome(first new Zelda Gameboy game since Oracle of Seasons/Ages.
Old 28-12-2004, 03:59 AM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #35
Liam
Bogan Elite

Quote:
First off, both games are different in their own perspectives.
Yup. And they are both shit
Old 28-12-2004, 02:48 PM   #36
FooTM

Man, Europe gets screwed over when it comes to game releases. You get KOTOR2 a few months ahead of us, same with MGS3, and Final Fantasy almost a YEAR after it comes out in Japan! Same with RE4 now, and a bunch of other games I can't remember...even Killzone, a europe-made game! Fucking Killzone!

Then again, we get Flat Out early which is a bit tasty!

Number 62.
Old 28-12-2004, 04:09 PM   Senior Registered Member #37
frodo1511
Pin Dick

I don't want to hear it, the UK got Shaun of the Dead and King Arthur before America. So we're even.
Old 28-12-2004, 10:30 PM   #38
FooTM

King Arthur was July 1st in America whereas in Britain it was July 30th. Got the DVD earlier though and Shaun of the Dead is legendary.

Number 62.
Old 29-12-2004, 02:15 AM   Senior Registered Member #39
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
King Arthur was July 1st in America
July 7th. A Wednsday.

Anyway, I've only played the demo on the DVD, whoever unluc, I mean, fortunate enough to own the actual game, how is it as a whole?
Old 29-12-2004, 03:07 AM   Senior Registered Member #40
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Talking about shitty videogames depresses me. Let's talk about better ones. Since we have a few more gamers (FooTM and Melvin) besides Frodo and myself (we lost our beloved Spire,) we should definitely revive the videogames thread in the general discussion.