pacers/pistons brawl - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 20-11-2004, 05:23 AM   #1
theodore79

pacers/pistons brawl

anyone else see the game? i know that it's bad for the sport and everything but damn it was really entertaining. with less than a minute left i almost turned the channel but my patience was rewarded with an all out fight between players and fans. i'm not a fan of either team but i do like ben wallace and ron artest so it was a shame what happened initially. as a fan of the sport you gotta know what would happen if you throw a beer at ron artest. he was doing a good job of not getting into it especially when wallace slammed him. the best part was when jermaine o'neal socked the shit out of a fan at the end. somewhat surprising considering o'neal and artest supposedly don't get along. i say blame the fans and i hope that the suspensions handed out aren't too severe. i heard some talk about artest and stephen jackson getting suspended for the rest of the year and i don't agree with that. if someone throws a cup of beer at you, you should be entitled to throw back even if it is a fist.
Old 20-11-2004, 05:28 AM   Officer #2
Renegade
Stock Boy

I just saw the highlights.

-Ron Artest attacked a fan in the stands for throwing a beer at him. And the thing is, he attacked the wrong person.
-Stephen Jackson went crazy and punched whoever he could find.
-Jermaine O' Neal got beer, popcorn, and soda thrown at him. Poor guy. On the other hand, he did punch a guy straight in the face.
-Even the referee got a can thrown at his head.

Dyce knows all the details. I have 4 words: I love this game.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2004, 12:02 PM   Senior Registered Member #3
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

Brawls in sport are awesome. I love the way the sporting authorities like to say how its bad for the reputation etcetra, but everyone knows brawls just put the icing on the cake when it comes to a sporting event
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2004, 12:51 PM   Senior Registered Member #4
CFC
Lord Cock Inhaler

The Fight for those of you that did not see it.
Old 20-11-2004, 03:26 PM   #5
marry rich people

Quote:
i say blame the fans and i hope that the suspensions handed out aren't too severe. i heard some talk about artest and stephen jackson getting suspended for the rest of the year and i don't agree with that.
Are you kidding me??!! It was definitely entertaining but Artest and a few other players beat up fans!!! That shouldn't be something that's just left alone. Sure, a fan threw a cup at him and he had the right to be mad. But it's just unexcusable that he charged into the stands and beat up anybody he could get his hands on. So many other players that went in the crowd to try to break it up ended up getting thrown into the fight also. Artest already has problems (he's been suspended before for weird reasons) and a huge fight like that isn't something you can just excuse. It was enterntaining, but also just plain stupid and wrong.
For a change, for a change
Thats ok, ok, ok
marry rich people is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2004, 03:30 PM   Senior Registered Member #6
Richard
Dated

It was a dumb fight. The players should have known better, and for that I hope they get punished. Same with the fans who were involved. What a bunch of drunk idiots, I still think alcohol should not be sold at any type of game. No doubt it was amusing.
Old 20-11-2004, 10:08 PM   Senior Registered Member #7
Louie

I wasn't surprised by what Artest did, because he's always doing crazy things. What was that one fat guy thinking when he went onto the court and starting talking to Artest? I mean, he picked a fight with a guy that's like 6'7 and a guy that's 7'. What is going to happen next time these two teams play? Especially at Detroit?
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2004, 12:42 PM   Senior Registered Member #8
Scott

Bring back the biff
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2004, 09:36 PM   #9
Fancyman
Pimp

As a sport fan, tis is a very depressing time of year with the exception of sunday and mon night. ESPN Sports center is mobbed with highlights of basketball, a terrible sport really. I was glad to see a highlight that was interesting for once. I mean don't get me wrong see ing a slam dunk is still really exciting, i mean they're all so different. In conclusion lets get rid of the NBA and bring back hockey.

PS the players involved should get raped...or at least suspended and fined.
Fancyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2004, 04:12 AM   Senior Registered Member #10
Ashley

Artest got suspended for the season.

What was with this weekend and fights at sporting events. This one and then Clemson/ South Carolina at the football game... crazy!

That has no place in sports... except for boxing and those kind.
Old 22-11-2004, 06:30 AM   Officer #11
Renegade
Stock Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley
Artest got suspended for the season.

What was with this weekend and fights at sporting events. This one and then Clemson/ South Carolina at the football game... crazy!

That has no place in sports... except for boxing and those kind.
Yeah Artest got suspended for the remainder of the season, without pay! Well, that doesn't really matter seeing he's already made millions in the past. Jermaine O'Neal got suspended for 25 games and the other players involved were suspended less severely.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2004, 12:26 PM   #12
Donnie Dorko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancyman
As a sport fan, tis is a very depressing time of year with the exception of sunday and mon night. ESPN Sports center is mobbed with highlights of basketball, a terrible sport really. I was glad to see a highlight that was interesting for once. I mean don't get me wrong see ing a slam dunk is still really exciting, i mean they're all so different. In conclusion lets get rid of the NBA and bring back hockey.
Yeah. I hate basketball. Ice Hockey, however, is excellent. Proper brawls. With sticks. Can't be beat.
Old 22-11-2004, 07:17 PM   #13
Bait

i think they should have fined the players and lessend the suspension period...and the fans should be punished too...take away their season passes if they have them or something...kill them? what ever works
Bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2004, 07:21 PM   Senior Registered Member #14
CFC
Lord Cock Inhaler

Yeah the NHL is awesome. That is why they are having such a great season this year.
Old 22-11-2004, 08:20 PM   Senior Registered Member #15
Louie

Yeah the NHL has been really exciting to watch this season. :icon_err:

I think that Wallace and Jackson should have gotten penalized more severely, I think Wallace should have been suspended for like 10 or 15 games, and Jackson should have gotten the same as Artest. He was doing just as much fighting as Artest was. O'Neal probably should have gotten more than 25 games too. The fans should be getting charges against them.
Old 23-11-2004, 08:01 AM   #16
Nick

I don't really watch sports much. Don't get me wrong I love playing sports, not on organized teams though, I mean just playing some football with some friends and that sort of thing because then you don't have to have rules you can tackle, slam, and punch out the other players as much as you want. Anyway watching sports is usually just really boring (mostly baseball) so I was surprised to find out that something even remotely exciting finally happened in a professional sport. Although it wasn't nearly as violent as some fights I've seen break out between guys playing a little street ball. Now there's a sport that they need to make a league for, street ball. For those who don't know, street ball is basically basketball without any rules.
I don't know about you but I think we also need to bring back some old sports like maybe rebuilding the Coliseum and having gladiator fights or bring back dueling and jousting only none of that cheesy reenactment stuff, I'm talking real jousting where there is possibility of serious injury or even DEATH !!!MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

"Banish me from eden if you will,
but first let me eat of the fruit of knowledge."
~Col. Robert Green Ingersoll
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2004, 08:15 PM   Senior Registered Member #17
Ashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait
i think they should have fined the players and lessend the suspension period...and the fans should be punished too...take away their season passes if they have them or something...kill them? what ever works
I think the punishment fits, Artest was a ticking timebomb, and if he comes back next season will probably do something crazy again. As for the fans, the one who threw the cup I believe got his season tickets revoked and in banned from Pistons home games. Mawha... that's gotta suck. Fans like that piss me off.
Old 23-11-2004, 08:59 PM   Officer #18
Mags
Officer

Anyone remember a few years ago, there was a Giants football game in New York and all these fans started throwing snowballs at the players. Snow balls with like..beer bottles in them. I remember at least one fan getting arrested for assault.

I think honestly all the fans and the players should be ashamed of this incident. I don't think any circumstance should have made them resort to violence. I think it's incredibly immature.
Mags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2004, 11:07 PM   Senior Registered Member #19
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

I think Artest should be kicked out of the NBA. I mean, the fan obviously wasn't starting anything. His beer was just a little warm, so he did what any sane person would do; throw it at the nearest 7 foot 1 black man. Artest apparentely couldn't handle the action (I'm guessing he took it as a racial slur) and flipped out. He couldn't handle the stickyness. The real victim here is the fan that had to endure the warm, flat beer. He didn't deserve that. I honestly think Bill Gergensonmire, owner of the NBA, was easy on Artest and treated him as if he were a an Alaskan muskrat. Those are known to be overly cared for. Anyway, wrapping up this message, the real criminal here is the concession stand that sold that innocent Detroit fan a warm beer. I salute you, Beer Thrower, and your brave actions.
Old 23-11-2004, 11:27 PM   Senior Registered Member #20
Louie

How do you know the beer was warm?