Omg ! Halo2! - Page 3 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 13-11-2004, 05:29 PM   Senior Registered Member #41
Spire
InSpire Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
Actually, I thought it was preety damn good-superior to the original(which, many think is the best storyline in a game.) I have to agree, though, that multiplayer is the best reason to get Xbox Live(LAN party tommorow Definiatly the best game on the Xbox hands down-awesome graphics, incredible sound(still the best score in a game, don't listen to spire:P), addictive multiplayer, and a great storyline for SP.
BTW, Ekkoes got a lower score than Prime by IGN
Two very stupid comments. First off, Halo 1's story was generic sci-fi garbage. I don't think anyone believes it's the best story in a game, if they do, they're mainstream idiots who've never played anything outside of Halo and Madden.

And don't argue with me about the soundtrack thing, I import soundtracks all the time, and know my stuff. Halo 2's is good, but nothing compared other soundtracks.

IGN gave Echoes a 9.5, how is that bad?
Old 13-11-2004, 11:34 PM   #42
MC117

halo has the best damn storyline a game has had... (and yes i've played other games) you think marios got a better one?
getting better graphics than xbox on a pc will easily waste more money than most people can afford.
also, i dont have live yet, i'm getting it very soon (this week) i'll put my tag up here when i do.

EDIT: not to mention how awesome the soundtrack is.
Old 13-11-2004, 11:49 PM   Senior Registered Member #43
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spire
IGN gave Echoes a 9.5, how is that bad?
Because Xbox and PS2 fanboys are going to use it as fuel, saying how GTA and Halo 2 is better than Ekkoes, which pisses me off. MP2 has a better Single player story, but nothing when it comes to Multiplayer against Halo 2.
IGN thought that the game was more of the same(they were hoping for some more brand-new stuff than beams and visors aparantly) and thought that the game didn't need Multiplayer. Oh well, what do they know.

To keep this post on topic, I was at a 6 hour LAN party, with 11 of my best friends from school, who also love Halo to death. It was great, plus the fact that each TV was hooked to 5.1 surround sound, and the volume was turned up to the max
Old 14-11-2004, 12:32 AM   Senior Registered Member #44
Elijahfan

okay only i think about half way through, camgpian (spelling completely shot) seems much recycled but then again it's called halo 2. havent gotten a chance to play against anyone. sad really cuz everyone at school have been having massive halo 2 parties....damn i need more to know more people who play games instead of being involved in stupid horse riding, swimming, theater stuff.

I’m okay with being unimpressive, I sleep better ~Garden State~
Elijahfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2004, 12:43 AM   Senior Registered Member #45
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC117
halo has the best damn storyline a game has had... (and yes i've played other games) you think marios got a better one?
Generic spaceguy fighting hordes of lack-luster aliens! What's this?! They're going to blow up the Earth?! Say it ain't so! Halo/Halo 2's story is laughable. It seriously make my friends and I chuckle at it's stupidity. I mean, come on? A robot with a British accent? The story is both retarded and embarrassing. I was talking with Spire earlier today. It's ironic that you said, "you think marios got a better one?" because Spire said, and I quote, "No one plays Mario for the storyline!"

Games like FFVII, Xenogears, etc have way better story lines. You can't compare Halo and any other game for storyline. Game X will win everytime. Halo's story and characters names are so uninspired. I mean, "Master Chief"? That's the dumbest name ever. Might as well call him "Winner Hero" or something.

That said, Halo/Halo 2 is my 2nd favorite game of all time. The multiplayer is just too much fun to deny that. #1 is the Zelda series (read: Oot) because of the story. In games with well written stories you feel for the characters. I never once felt pathos for Master Chief.

//Oh, by the way, about the British robot. There's this ridonkulous little flying sphere that glows when it talks and it's so annoying. And it had the most random accent. Wasn't making a dig at the British. British people are luffly.
Old 14-11-2004, 04:07 AM   Senior Registered Member #46
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Fuck 343 Guilty Spark: Tantarus(the Brute) is the man. Anyone else think his white mohawk was totally ripped from Gremlins?
Old 14-11-2004, 04:24 AM   Senior Registered Member #47
Narg
Westie Yobbo

Halo and Halo2's stories are shit. Go play Fallout, KOTOR, NWN, Dues Ex, Half-Life. Christ most games have better story lines than Halo. About the name "Master Cheif" i think it has somthing to do with the Navy Seals, correct me if im wrong. frodo, ure starting to sound less and less like a gamer, and more like a "person who plays halo".
Old 14-11-2004, 04:36 AM   Senior Registered Member #48
Spire
InSpire Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC117
halo has the best damn storyline a game has had... (and yes i've played other games)
The most hilarious thing I've read all day, thank you. First off, Halo's plot can't touch the likes of Xenogears (hell, the end boss is God) or most other games. Games like Mario aren't there for the story, they're main draw is the gameplay. If you seriously believe that Halo has the best plot in a game ever, you need serious, serious help. Go play an RPG.
Old 14-11-2004, 04:51 AM   Senior Registered Member #49
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narg
correct me if im wrong. frodo, ure starting to sound less and less like a gamer, and more like a "person who plays halo".
Well, I've been playing Halo/2 for the past month now, so I guess I can be called a "person who plays halo

Seriously, I can't wait to play Ekkoes, Half-Life is already the best FPS ever created. EVER. And KOTOR II looks to have that same winning formula. But no game can touch Prince of Persia: Warrior Within.
Old 14-11-2004, 06:04 AM   Senior Registered Member #50
Spire
InSpire Me

Quote:
Well, I've been playing Halo/2 for the past month now, so I guess I can be called a "person who plays halo

Seriously, I can't wait to play Ekkoes, Half-Life is already the best FPS ever created. EVER. And KOTOR II looks to have that same winning formula. But no game can touch Prince of Persia: Warrior Within.
If you're talking about Metroid Prime 2, then it's spelled "Echoes". That misspelling is super gay.
Old 14-11-2004, 01:59 PM   Senior Registered Member #51
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spire
If you're talking about Metroid Prime 2, then it's spelled "Echoes". That misspelling is super gay.
I guess you haven't been around the Metroid boards @ IGN, have you Spire?
Old 14-11-2004, 02:44 PM   Senior Registered Member #52
Narg
Westie Yobbo

Quote:
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within.
sands of time was shit, and have u played warrior within ?, if not how the fuck can u say its gonna be awesome, christ man, make some sense please.
Old 14-11-2004, 04:39 PM   Senior Registered Member #53
Spire
InSpire Me

Quote:
I guess you haven't been around the Metroid boards @ IGN, have you Spire?
No, I only post at the EGM boards, where queer misspellings and slang are not present.
Old 14-11-2004, 06:52 PM   #54
MC117

MasterChief is a Navy rank... and its better to be calling someone by thier rank then by calling them with some goofy hero name...
Old 14-11-2004, 10:46 PM   Senior Registered Member #55
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narg
sands of time was shit, and have u played warrior within ?, if not how the fuck can u say its gonna be awesome, christ man, make some sense please.
Sands of Time was amazing. I mean, excellent graphics, nice storyline, and a cool hero. Only grip about it was that the combat was way too repetitive. As a matter of fact, I have played a demo of Warrior Within, and it fixed all the problems the original had. Free-Form-Fighting is the new shit in adventure games, where you do combat YOUR way, not the game's way. Also, WW has bosses in it. SoT had one boss(if you count the last guy a boss), and they are no pushover.
Perhaps it's biggest storyline is it's tagline: YOU WILL DIE. I mean, most of the people I know play a video game, and think of themselves as invincible, and don't even give a thought about dying. In WW, that's all on your mind, partly because of Fate, in the form of an unstoppable monster called the Dahaka. As I've said before(and OXM), this is Mature done ABSOLUTLEY RIGHT. It better get more respect than the original.
Old 14-11-2004, 11:36 PM   Senior Registered Member #56
Narg
Westie Yobbo

^ sounds shit. POP 1 for life.
Old 14-11-2004, 11:47 PM   Senior Registered Member #57
ryan

on a note other than all of the bitching, i participated in a 40-something person Halo 2 singles tournament on Saturday and ended up winning in the finals, which turned out to be the best 16 people playing an FFA on Collosus (or however it's spelled..i forget ).
cash, prizes, coupons, and pictures taken, woohoo.
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2004, 12:28 AM   Senior Registered Member #58
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan
on a note other than all of the bitching, i participated in a 40-something person Halo 2 singles tournament on Saturday and ended up winning in the finals, which turned out to be the best 16 people playing an FFA on Collosus (or however it's spelled..i forget ).
cash, prizes, coupons, and pictures taken, woohoo.
Well, my tourney had 16 in it(but only 3 copies of the game. My team ended up winning Assault on Coagulation, Team Slayer on Hangout and Waterworks, and I came in first on FFA with only Swords n' Nades on Acension. Only negative outcome was getting bitch-slaped on Team CTF Offense/Defense on Zanzibar.
Old 15-11-2004, 02:00 AM   Senior Registered Member #59
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Well, my tourney had 16 in it(but only 3 copies of the game. My team ended up winning Assault on Coagulation, Team Slayer on Hangout and Waterworks, and I came in first on FFA with only Swords n' Nades on Acension. Only negative outcome was getting bitch-slaped on Team CTF Offense/Defense on Zanzibar.
Swords and Grenades on Ascention? That's retarded.
Old 15-11-2004, 04:30 AM   Senior Registered Member #60
Spire
InSpire Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby
Swords and Grenades on Ascention? That's retarded.
That really is. Where did you play this tourny? The adult day care?