Omg ! Halo2! - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 09-11-2004, 06:27 AM   #1
MC117

Omg ! Halo2!

omg omg omg! it is here! i cant believe it go out and grab it!! its even on teh news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2004, 07:05 AM   Senior Registered Member #2
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

omg. XBox somebody?

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 07:28 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #3
acliff
llama llama duck

By the fact that noone has replied about Halo 2 since it came out, I assume they're all already addicted to the thing.
But is it actually any good, or better than the first one?
Old 09-11-2004, 09:53 AM   #4
Kriv

This game is fucken awesome! Wow....
Kriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 10:05 AM   #5
Glare

well when so many people own an xbox and halo is the only decent game on it, why wouldn't there be hype? And to be honest Halo doesn't even compare to the latest computer games, thats one problem with consoles and why I refuse to buy them. Have fun playing on 2 year old graphics.
Old 09-11-2004, 12:14 PM   Senior Registered Member #6
Narg
Westie Yobbo

Actually, moron, halo 2 has awesome graphics, and are quite up to date, I own a ps2, xbox and pc, the graphics are good depending on the game development and artic influence, not nessacarily the system, ofcourse the consoles have some restrictions, but the fact that they are only building the graphics for one set of system specs meens they can take more time and use the xbox to its full potential. That argument is pathetic anyway, the best games ive ever played are atleast 5+ years old, Graphics meen shit all. It's improved on every good thing in the first game, and pushed some first person shooter boundries on its own. The ability to throw ure oponents of any vechicle in many different ways is.. just.. freaking awesome. Weapons are more balanced and extremely varied, soooo many different game modes, online is awesome. Loved owning everybody, because i had already learnt the maps from having the game a couple of weeks early :P.

This game beats most Modern PC shooters, incl DOOM 3, UT2K4 ETC. Counter-Strike source and normal still shit on it, but they are different games, so its hard to compare. If you havent got an xbox, go out and get one for this game.
Old 09-11-2004, 05:10 PM   #7
Glare

Everyone I talked to said it was slow and shit, get up with the times and don't lie.
Old 09-11-2004, 09:28 PM   #8
IBO

HALO 2 IS BOOOOOMB! Tooooo illllll, online is the best i feel sorry for anyone without xbox.

BUt now i have to go back and play.
________
Motorcycle tires
IBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 09:59 PM   Senior Registered Member #9
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Just got back from playing online. Pretty nice. I was doing well, ranking in the top 3 usually, until the last game I played. I met up with a man named "Crackers" who overused the word "nigga". Anyways, he said he was going to beat the shit out of everyone there, and I told him I'd own his bitch ass. Game began and he kicked the shit out of me. I killed him once to every three kills he had on me. It was my third actual game, so I lacked experience, but it didn't affect it too much. He destroyed me and then talked so much shit after. It was fun though, and somehow we ended up as friends. I only got to play at my friends house for an hour, but it was a mighty fun hour. My friend has really great stats, though. He's gotten first about 54/58 games or so. Check out his stats: SuckMyDong
Old 09-11-2004, 10:52 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #10
Liam
Bogan Elite

Played it for an hour yesterday. Didn't think it was anything special.

Now if you'll excuse me I'll go back to playing Doom 3.
Old 09-11-2004, 11:59 PM   Senior Registered Member #11
Narg
Westie Yobbo

Doom three was fairly shit dude. Finished it quickly, and it gets mighty repetitive. Im afraid to say it has nothing on halo 2.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:12 AM   Senior Registered Member #12
Spire
InSpire Me

Just got back from a 20 hour Halo 2 play session with some friends. Most of the time we played multiplayer, because Campaign got boring. It's alright, and the graphics are pretty good. There are some issues however. During Campaign, I noticed some of the backgrounds are horrible, flat textures. One was just downright awful. The only other graphical problem I've noted (besides the fact that people look very ugly on HD 480p) is that sometimes a rocket explosion is pixelated. Not just pixelated, but downright orange blocks. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, you're agasp at how awful it looks. Real-time explosions in PS1 games look better than it. Otherwise, the gaem is solid visually, although not the prettiest game I've ever seen (Doom 3, Ninja Gaiden, etc. beat it).

Anyway, it appears that the first Halo was not a fluke and that Bungie really is bad at level design. Zanzibar, Waterworks, and Blood Gultch Coagulation (and maybe Headlong) are the only levels worth playing. Campaign modes level design failed to impress either.

Other issues with the game:

- After about two hours of multiplayer, I was successful in making vehicle boarding an act of suicide. It's quite simple, when you see the opposing character begin the boarding animation, press X to get out of the vehicle. You won't take any damage and as soon as you're out, just blast the vehicle with whatever weapons you might have. Unless it's a tank, it'll either blow up before they're finished boarding or as they're just driving away.

- Automatically dropping a weapon when you pistol whip while dual weilding is annoying.

- The A.I. seems to be about as dumb as it was in the first Halo.

- Grenade physics have been altered and now can't be throw as far. Plus they bounce oddly. Pistol whipping has also be limited, as now you have be extremely close to them for it to hit. Both have also been reduced in power.

Anyway, I enjoy the game, but only for multiplayer. I expect lots of great times.
Old 10-11-2004, 01:57 AM   #13
MC117

i got it at midnight at the mall, there must;ve been around 150 people in line.
Old 10-11-2004, 02:00 AM   Senior Registered Member #14
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC117
i got it at midnight at the mall, there must;ve been around 150 people in line.
Heh, cool...Same thing at our Electronics Boutique.

How about everyone tells their tag so if we bump into eachother?

I, when I get my live thing set up in a month or two, will be either "I Got Died" or "DongPiece".

MC117, is your live tag "HALO117"? I saw someone with that tag today.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:36 AM   Senior Registered Member #15
Narg
Westie Yobbo

I play on xbox connect with the tag Narg. -its free and can be played on modded and non modded xbox's.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:47 PM   Senior Registered Member #16
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Ok, got the game at midnight last night, haven't stopped playing since right now-yes, I brought my Xbox to school.

Good: amazing use of bump-and-normal mapping, AI spot on for enemies, weapons are relativly balanced, Multiplayer is more addictive than crack(especially online), boarding completly craps all over GTA,story is immensive(I wasn't bummed with the ending at all)

Bad: Texture pop-up in cutscenes(pain in the ass), your AI buddies aren't that good of drivers, campaign is a little short, the game ends.

I highly recommend this game to anyone who has an Xbox, loves FPS, and has many friends. It also wouldn't hurt to buy the Official Guide from Piggyback, the art in it is absolutley phenominal, as well as the Official Soundtrack(IMO, the best game score ever. Yes, even over Final Fantasy).
Old 11-11-2004, 12:19 AM   Senior Registered Member #17
Spire
InSpire Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
as well as the Official Soundtrack(IMO, the best game score ever. Yes, even over Final Fantasy).
Good job, quoting OXM and all. Try coming up with something original next time, k? And first off, Final Fantasy doesn't have the best soundtracks, although they're good. Secondly, while Halo 2's soundtrack is very good, it's nowhere near anything from Yasunori Mitsuda, Motoi Sakuraba, Michiru Yamane, Hirokazu Tanaka, and even Kumi Tanioka.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:49 AM   Senior Registered Member #18
Scott

I bought it on Tuesday afternoon, the campaign sucks but playing online is fucking sweet!

The missions are so long and repetitive that the campaign feels more like an endurance test, but online it is a whole new ball game. My fav. multiplayer mode is definately Team Slayer, first to 100 frags.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 01:48 AM   Senior Registered Member #19
Pygmalion
Pissed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narg
,the best games ive ever played are atleast 5+ years old, Graphics meen shit all.
Right on! My favourite game is nearly 8 years old!
Pygmalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 05:13 AM   Senior Registered Member #20
ryan

No console game can touch the graphics of a PC game with high AA/AF and a good ol' 1600x1200 resolution, but Halo 2 definitely looks nice for an Xbox game.

It's loads of fun to play, too. Playing on Xbox Live is always fun, too.
I'm enjoying it so far.
The campaign is a bit boring, yes, but it keeps me entertained when there's nothing else to do.
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote