Pride and Prejudice - Page 3 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira's Movies & Projects

Keira's Movies & Projects The place to discuss Keira's movies, projects and anything else you hear with your ear to the ground...

Old 15-07-2004, 01:27 PM   #41
ChocolateMoose

I love Pride and Prejudice. It's one of my favourite books and the adaption with Colin Firth was brilliant. I've heard people say that there shouldn't be another one made as the exisiting adaption is perfect, and I sort of agree Its 6 hours long and has everything from the book. The only thing worrying me about this new adaption is how they're going to fit everything in, as it is a film and I doubt it'll be six hours. However, Keira will be so brilliant
ChocolateMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 08:00 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #42
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

That's the reason I'm not entirely thrilled with the thought of this new film. The last one was not only really really recent (too recent to already be remaking), it *was* quite perfect. Not only that, but I just don't see Keira as Elizabeth.

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2004, 11:17 AM   Senior Registered Member #43
PhoeniX

Is it true that they are filming some of Pride and Prejudice at Groombridge Place near Tunbridge Wells?
PhoeniX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2004, 09:04 PM   Knightley News #44
KnightleyNews
Newsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellum_851
Is it true that they are filming some of Pride and Prejudice at Groombridge Place near Tunbridge Wells?
Yup: http://www.groombridge.co.uk/pr_release.htm

Quite a lot of it, apparently.

Paul
Old 23-07-2004, 03:23 AM   #45
David Beckham

Man, I wanted to be Mr. Darcy
Old 23-07-2004, 07:54 PM   Senior Registered Member #47
KeirazBabe
The Kewlest

Wow cant wait! Jaysus they realy have made her look the part! Looks interewsting.. when is it set for release Paul?

xXx
KeirazBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2004, 10:07 AM   #48
krackers
Newcomer

i'm sorry to contradict some of you....but i HATED the Pride and Prejudice (the book and movie)...i thought it was pretty boring...but some of my girl friends loved it....its probably a girl thing....the only reason i'll watch the new one is coz it got Keira Kinghtly in it!!!
krackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2004, 01:37 PM   Knightley News #49
KnightleyNews
Newsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirazBabe
Wow cant wait! Jaysus they realy have made her look the part! Looks interewsting.. when is it set for release Paul?

xXx
Early next year apparently. Perhaps you'll be able to go to your multiplex to see The Jacket, then come out and go to see Pride and Prejudice !

I haven't read the novel or seen any of the adaptations (BBC included), so at least I can see it without a clouded judgement. The IMDb board is tearing Keira apart for her being cast as Lizzie, but again they're all comparing one adaptation with another. It's wrong to do that, as tempting as it is. An interpretation is just that, an interpretation. It has to stand on its own merits, not in the shadow of previous versions.

Paul
Old 24-07-2004, 06:17 PM   Senior Registered Member #50
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

Thumbs up I had to read the book, and I watched the movie

For a novel with a defined main character, it sure has a varied and ensemble cast of supporting characters. There are many interesting secondary characters in the story, and they were very well represented in the Colin Firth BBC version. In the new movie, Keira plays Elizabeth Bennet, a very complex and independent character. I can't think of a better actress to play this part. It will be interesting to see if they can piece a good supporting team around her.
Dyce_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2004, 06:34 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #51
apoggy
Mmm Marmite

Any chance you can stop using that small crappy text, it hurts my eyes
apoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2004, 06:40 PM   Senior Registered Member #52
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

Post about my font

The small crappy text looks quite organized, but i will change it for the sake of everyones eyesight.

How about this?
Old 25-07-2004, 01:28 PM   Senior Registered Member #53
KeirazBabe
The Kewlest

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightleyNews
Early next year apparently. Perhaps you'll be able to go to your multiplex to see The Jacket, then come out and go to see Pride and Prejudice !

Paul

Oooh okies thanks darlin! Wow i hope so as that means it'll be an extra excuse to see it for my school work haha.. school trip should be in order

xXx
KeirazBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2004, 01:41 PM   Senior Registered Member #54
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

Wink P & P

When we had to read Pride and Prejudice for IB English this year, I complained and boycotted the book for the first 2 weeks. I reluctantly began reading it, and it seemed soooo boring. Eventually, I pretty much finished the book and liked it more than I thought I would. After watching the BBC movie, I had wished that there were more recognizable actors and actresses in it. Had I known at that time that I had a Keira Knightley movie to look forward to, I would have put forth a lot more effort on the book.
Old 25-07-2004, 05:08 PM   #55
ChocolateMoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyce_Blue
After watching the BBC movie, I had wished that there were more recognizable actors and actresses in it.
It shouldn't matter if the actors/actresses are recognisable or not. What should matter is if they can act. Which they can.

READ my reviews of films, theatre and concerts!
VOTE in the poll - Who has the most influence on which films you see at the cinema?
INVENT a caption - This months picture comes from Equilibrium!
ChocolateMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2004, 05:12 PM   Senior Registered Member #56
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

sorry

No, they could act, especially Jennifer Ehle and Alison Steadman (who I hear is not really as old as Mrs. Bennet). I was just saying that the new version has an advantage with Keira Knightley onboard.
Old 29-07-2004, 05:31 PM   First Class Member Officer #57
Sarah
Nice

I almost had a fit a few minutes ago. I was eating my tea and the news reporter said ''How would you like to appear in a film with Keira Knightley?'' I spun my head round and gawped at the TV ''Yes please!'' I screamed.

They had a new picture of Keira on the screen, looks like a promotional picture for P&P, she looked so lovely.

Anyway, it turns out they had been holding auditions in Stamford (sp?) for people to have bit-parts in the film. Just in the background, etc. I wish I had known as I would have gone.
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2004, 02:09 AM   #58
Ipomoea

Ropeofsilicon.com is claiming that actor Rupert Friend has been cast as George Wickham in Pride and Prejudice. They call the character "Wickman" in the article, but I'm sure they mean Wickham.

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/moviearticle.php?artID=560
Old 17-08-2004, 11:47 AM   First Class Member Officer #59
Sarah
Nice

They're filming in Chatsworth soon, I believe. My mum was on holiday there just last week.
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2004, 05:22 PM   Knightley News #60
KnightleyNews
Newsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
They're filming in Chatsworth soon, I believe. My mum was on holiday there just last week.
Yes, this autumn, according to their site. They're back at Burleigh House at the end of this month so it would have to be September, as it's due to wrap on October 1st. Loads more pictures from Chatsworth, no doubt, as it says the grounds will remain open during filming.
http://www.chatsworth-house.co.uk/ne...mingupdate.htm

Paul