Pride and Prejudice - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira's Movies & Projects

Keira's Movies & Projects The place to discuss Keira's movies, projects and anything else you hear with your ear to the ground...

Old 20-06-2004, 01:12 PM   First Class Member Officer #21
Sarah
Nice

Have you noticed that Keira really seems to go for 'Historical' or Periodic roles? I'm not saying thats a bad thing, it's probably good. I don't know if I'll really like this film. It's too lovey-dovey for me. Oh well, Keira's in it, so she'll make it good.
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2004, 01:38 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #22
Leonie
Elle

True - however, as far as romantic comedies go, at least the periodic aspect will make it a bit more interesting.
Leonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2004, 07:31 PM   #23
wee me

yeh its a great book- one of my favourites! i don't think it will matter that keira is much prettier than rosamund cos i think lizzie was much prettier than jane in the BBC tv series of it neways. i can't wait to see it, though i imagine it won't be as good as the tv series, they'll have 2 cut lots of bits out.
wee me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2004, 10:57 PM   #24
booboocat
Newcomer

hmm never read the book
but i will someday. it sounds excitingly delicious
booboocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2004, 08:42 AM   Officer #25
EmotionSickness
Cutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by booboocat
hmm never read the book
but i will someday. it sounds excitingly delicious
Haha. Don't you mean "deliciously exciting"?

Anywho, I still have my doubts about this film. I'd much rather Keira opt for period pieces than teen comedies (or something along those lines), but we have to remember that this may lead to her getting type-cast (a dreaded thing in Hollywood). And we also have to remember that the roles are kind of limited for a young, English actress in Hollywood. I can't really think of any other young female Brits who are big in in the U.S. or in Hollywood, period. Not to say that there aren't any, they're just few and far between. Hopefully, she can, in the future, master an American accent (something we'll get to see in The Jacket, hopefully), because I believe this alone will open more doors for her. I think she is a brilliant actress and she could really prove herself if she were given the right roles (in the future), I'm so just afraid that her 15 minutes are nearly up. Especially since she is doing Pirates 2 AND 3. Audiences may get sick of seeing Keira Knightley: The Damsel in Distress by 2006. Hopefully, she'll leave herself open for other work.

Bottom line, I just don't want Pirates to do to Keira and her popularity/demand what Star Wars has done to Natalie Portman (although, she is now redeeming herself with movies like Garden State and Closer). Before anyone says anything -- YES I am aware that Star Wars made Natalie Portman more famous than ever, but not necessarily in the best kind of way. Certainly not in the way I (and many others, I am sure of it) would have liked to see her become an A-lister. It's just kind of disappointing when a young woman with Natalie's talents rockets to fame because of films like Episode I: The Phantom Menace. She's better than that and so is Keira.
Old 22-06-2004, 12:07 AM   Senior Registered Member #26
Elijahfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmotionSickness
Bottom line, I just don't want Pirates to do to Keira and her popularity/demand what Star Wars has done to Natalie Portman (although, she is now redeeming herself with movies like Garden State and Closer). Before anyone says anything -- YES I am aware that Star Wars made Natalie Portman more famous than ever, but not necessarily in the best kind of way. Certainly not in the way I (and many others, I am sure of it) would have liked to see her become an A-lister. It's just kind of disappointing when a young woman with Natalie's talents rockets to fame because of films like Episode I: The Phantom Menace. She's better than that and so is Keira.
i agree, i hate it when actors do blockbusters over and over again. i think when they have their name out their and have done the blockbuster that's the point to start choosing more interesting and diverse roles, not that u cant do the ocasional blockbuster movie once in a while. but it's not like keira and natalie are just doing blockbuster types. Keira in the Jacket and natalie in Garden State. plus dont count out their previous movies. i just dont want to see them caught up in the demand of big movies and directors/ex producers etc trying to cast them just for their names so they make money and not more for their talent. sorta like orlando bloom, rite now he's doing another big movie, fastacy/historical (i think it's fiction) Kingdom of Heaven, i think's the name with Ridley Scott. In all the big movies he's a warrior, his roles where he's not Calcium Kid and Ned Kelly havent succeeded as well and some he could be stuck in the type casting situation.

I’m okay with being unimpressive, I sleep better ~Garden State~
Elijahfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2004, 06:13 PM   #27
ice crystal

Apparently...i heard from my friend with an agent.... it is incredibly hard to get a part in the film... they are looking for REAL talent....
ice crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2004, 07:01 PM   Officer #28
EmotionSickness
Cutie

Quote:
Apparently...i heard from my friend with an agent.... it is incredibly hard to get a part in the film... they are looking for REAL talent....
As opposed to ... what? Fake talent? I think the same can be said for 99.9% of all films, ice crystal. And correct me if I'm wrong, but how do we even know Keira tried out for this role? How do we know it wasn't just offered to her?
Old 22-06-2004, 11:47 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #29
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

She more than likely had to read for the role, even if they had already unofficially decided it would be her playing Elizabeth.

I'm still not too happy about this project, but what can I do? I'll see the movie, and that's the point.
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2004, 08:47 PM   #30
ice crystal

what i mean is that i dont think this film will have crap acting in it... unlike some other recent films e.g. Troy....Helen... Diane Kruger... Get my point?
ice crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2004, 11:08 PM   Knightley News #31
KnightleyNews
Newsmaster

The first *confirmed* filming location has been announced - Stamford in Lincolnshire and the nearby Burghley House.
http://www.burghley.co.uk/
http://www.stamfordtoday.co.uk/ViewA...ticleID=808745

Paul
Old 23-06-2004, 11:27 PM   Officer #32
EmotionSickness
Cutie

Yes, NOW I get your point, ice crystal. You'd think they'd make the 'face that launched a thousand ships' a little more, umm, inspiring? Especially if her acting was going to be so flat.

Thanks for the news, Paul. I sure hope this makes it's way to American cinemas.
Old 24-06-2004, 04:47 PM   #33
booboocat
Newcomer

it probably is, you have to read pride and prejudice senior year in high school in the U.S. anyhow
it's a classic
booboocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2004, 08:04 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #34
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

We don't have to read it senior year. I think it depends on your school district. I, personally, recommend reading it anyways, because it's a very good book.

Isn't there someone from KKW who lives in Lincolnshire, or does that just sound familiar to me for other reasons?

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 12:21 PM   Knightley News #35
KnightleyNews
Newsmaster

Filming will start on-location at Burghley House in Lincolnshire from Monday 19th to Wednesday 21st July.

Paul
Old 09-07-2004, 04:49 AM   Senior Registered Member #36
DefyingGravity

I didn't like the book. I thought it was boring, although there were quite a few witty parts in it.

Maybe I'm just simple-minded.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:33 PM   #37
redgummybear

Ah! Loved the book! Can't wait for the movie.
Old 14-07-2004, 11:44 AM   Senior Registered Member #38
KeirazBabe
The Kewlest

Cant wait,... makes having to study it next year much more enjoyable lol.. any idea when it will be released?

xXx
KeirazBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2004, 12:00 PM   First Class Member Officer #39
Sarah
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey
Isn't there someone from KKW who lives in Lincolnshire, or does that just sound familiar to me for other reasons?
That would be me. I live in North East Lincolnshire.
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2004, 05:24 PM   Knightley News #40
KnightleyNews
Newsmaster

From today's ScreenDaily.com:

Dench, Sutherland round out Pride cast

Judi Dench, Donald Sutherland, Brenda Blethyn, Tom Hollander and Penelope Wilton have joined the cast of Working Title Films’ Pride And Prejudice

Principal photography starts on July 19 on the adaptation of Jane Austen’s novel. The film, which stars Keira Knightley, Matthew Macfadyen, Rosamund Pike and Jena Malone, will shoot entirely on location around England until October.

Joe Wright will make his directing debut on the film, which Deborah Moggach’s has adapted faithfully to the period of the novel.

Producing duties are shared by Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner for Working Title and Paul Webster. Executive producers are Debra Hayward and Liza Chasin, while Jane Frazer is co-producer.

And from Variety:

LONDON -- Donald Sutherland, Brenda Blethyn, Judi Dench and Penelope Wilton have joined the cast of Working Title's upcoming adaptation of the classic Jane Austen novel "Pride and Prejudice."

Sutherland and Blethyn will play Mr and Mrs Bennet, the parents of the story's romantic heroine Elizabeth (Keira Knightley). Dench will take a cameo as the snobbish aristocratic aunt of the hero Mr. Darcy (Matthew Macfadyen).

Pic is directed by Joe Wright and will be distributed by Universal. It starts shooting July 19 on location around England. Other cast members include Tom Hollender, Rosamund Pike, Jena Malone and Simon Woods.

Paul