Observations of a moderator - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 08-11-2004, 08:25 PM   #21
bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonie
How about we all take things a tad less seriously, and realise this is an internet forum where we're supposed to have fun. Stop caring about what people you've never met and probably never will meet think of you. Realise that this whole subworld that is KKW is only that.
everyone should take note.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 10:41 PM   Senior Registered Member #22
frodo1511
Pin Dick

More bashing of the n00bs.

Edit: If you can't put constructive comments in a thread which is specifically designed to be constructive, do yourself the favour, and not put your fingers on your keyboard. All you do is show yourself to be unfunny, unintelligent, and immature.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:42 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #23
apoggy
Mmm Marmite

More bashing of frodo for being a moronic fuckwit. I say less newb bashing, more established idiot bashing.
apoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 04:33 AM   Senior Registered Member #24
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

I think newb bashing is a bit too cliche, its not something we see around here mainly. The members who are leaving or getting pissed are long established ones. But you can always give me examples of newb bashing if you think I'm wrong.
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 05:22 AM   #25
NearokA

Let's start with love. hehe. You know, my first article was about love.

I love you all. You guys love me too? You know, whatever it is that you guys hate about me, live with it, cuz it ain't going to change. So if you think my love advice is shiet, don't click on it. lol. Or if you hate my keira letters or any topic I may have started while drunk in the general discussions, it's not going away until someone bans me, so what good does it do to bitch-piss-and moan?

Frankly, I could give a rat's ass about politcs and warfare, or even about getting laid. Women are generally boring (I still love them ), I just did things to waste time. If I found the secret to getting hot models, would I be posting them here? Please forgive my inebriated brain, it knows not what it does.

As for the letters, I usually write a rough draft and post it on these forums before I actually mail them. I decide whether to write a new letter or revise based on some of your comments. Since most of the comments are useless, I now just post them for shits and beans and to piss off spire. hehe. Sometimes I make them intentionally retarded just to read the lame comments (some are actually helpful though). lol.

Ps: I'll write another poem. It'll be sometime this week though, I'm too damn lazy.
two of a kind but one won't survive,
my images reflect in the enemies eye,
and his images reflect in mine the same time,
--Mos Def
NearokA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 07:19 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #26
acliff
llama llama duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NearokA
Let's start with love. hehe. You know, my first article was about love.

I love you all. You guys love me too? You know, whatever it is that you guys hate about me, live with it, cuz it ain't going to change. So if you think my love advice is shiet, don't click on it. lol. Or if you hate my keira letters or any topic I may have started while drunk in the general discussions, it's not going away until someone bans me, so what good does it do to bitch-piss-and moan?

Frankly, I could give a rat's ass about politcs and warfare, or even about getting laid. Women are generally boring (I still love them ), I just did things to waste time. If I found the secret to getting hot models, would I be posting them here? Please forgive my inebriated brain, it knows not what it does.

As for the letters, I usually write a rough draft and post it on these forums before I actually mail them. I decide whether to write a new letter or revise based on some of your comments. Since most of the comments are useless, I now just post them for shits and beans and to piss off spire. hehe. Sometimes I make them intentionally retarded just to read the lame comments (some are actually helpful though). lol.

Ps: I'll write another poem. It'll be sometime this week though, I'm too damn lazy.
Stop posting bullshit. In the relationship forum, anywhere else, and especially in this thread.
Firstly you complain that people are out to get you? Thats because they are. Would you like to know why? As you can appreciate, other people have opinions, and on the whole they think you have no idea what you're talking about. And they tell you. What if people CAN'T live with what you say?
One step to avoiding this, would be to accept criticism, and accept the fact that you might actually be wrong. How can you be part of a community, if you don't actually care whether people read your posts, and don't actually listen to anything they say?
Everything that you say ends up with animosity towards you, or what you say.
The consistency suggests that that is mostly your fault.

Secondly, read what you've just written.

Quote:
Since most of the comments are useless, I now just post them for shits and beans and to piss off spire. hehe. Sometimes I make them intentionally retarded just to read the lame comments (some are actually helpful though). lol.
I'm pretty sure that classifies as spam and anti forum behaviour. If you want to see change, do something personally to change it. That goes for every single one of you. You can bitch and moan, whine that it isn't working, but as everyone is at fault, surely a good place to start putting it right is within ourselves?

Nearoka, if you don't get rid of your arrogant, self righteous attitude, and stop posting shit, and that complaining you do when other people think its shit, then I don't think you are part of the KKW grand solution, and a sacrifice (well deserved) may be in order. That is warning 2.
And if you tell me you love me one more time, I will do whatever is in my power to make your life living hell. I am Nearokaphobic.

Carry on.
Old 09-11-2004, 03:30 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #27
barrington
Kite-Eating Tree

In this thread, everyone's opinion is valid and valued.
barrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 11:57 PM   Senior Registered Member #28
Narg
Westie Yobbo

Posts like cliffs 2 above are things that make this forum go to the shit. Personal attacks, and ripping off people, and tormenting people for having different beleifs. If that post isnt trying to insight an argument, please correct me, because it sure looks like a hell of a large bitch fight.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:17 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #29
acliff
llama llama duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narg
Posts like cliffs 2 above are things that make this forum go to the shit. Personal attacks, and ripping off people, and tormenting people for having different beleifs. If that post isnt trying to insight an argument, please correct me, because it sure looks like a hell of a large bitch fight.
I feel like I should correct you. But if I do so, are you going to tell me that it is your opinion, and I have no right to criticise it, or tell you that I think its wrong?

I was telling Nearoka that instead of complaining, he should stop posting shite purely for the reason of seeing what happens, i.e. 'Since most of the comments are useless, I now just post them for shits and beans and to piss off spire. hehe. Sometimes I make them intentionally retarded just to read the lame comments' because thats not going to help matters is it?

I appreciate what you're saying, but you, amongst many others have also been guilty of making personal attacks, ripping off people, and tormenting people. in addition to posting spam. And I am willing to change that, if everyone else is willing to. For I don't want to be a hypocrite about all of this.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:41 AM   Senior Registered Member #30
Narg
Westie Yobbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by acliff
I appreciate what you're saying, but you, amongst many others have also been guilty of making personal attacks, ripping off people, and tormenting people. in addition to posting spam. And I am willing to change that, if everyone else is willing to. For I don't want to be a hypocrite about all of this.
Ive layed off as of late, cbf with forum arguments, there pointless.
Old 10-11-2004, 01:16 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #31
Mandy
Honourary Brit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narg
Ive layed off as of late, cbf with forum arguments, there pointless.
I need to find that picture that says, "Fighting over the internet is like the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded."
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 02:23 PM   #32
AureaMediocritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
I need to find that picture that says, "Fighting over the internet is like the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded."
That was cruel .
Old 10-11-2004, 05:18 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #33
acliff
llama llama duck

Will you stay on topic please? If you have nothing worthwhile to say, please don't post, and also don't repost things I deleted because it made absolutely no contribution to what we're trying to achieve.
Old 10-11-2004, 06:09 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #34
apoggy
Mmm Marmite

I find that one of the main problems which we have is that the moderation team dont command the respect that they once did due to their enforced laxness. Due to this people see them as a soft touch and try to exploit any weaknesses they can. I tell you this, I for one am totally behind the team and will not stand for dissention in the ranks.
apoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2004, 02:16 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #35
Leonie
Elle

Something else - leave the bitching to moderators, k? I mean comments such as 'speak English already' and the like. The 'report a bad post' option is there for a reason. We're not stupid. If we feel something should be done, we will. If nothing's been done, you don't have to. Ever heard of this wonderful invention called 'PM's'? Did it ever cross your mind that maybe we decided to deal with it in a less public manner?
Old 13-11-2004, 02:22 PM   Officer #36
Renegade
Stock Boy

Leonie's right.

On another note, we need more threads. Granted they must be interesting and not spam, there needs to be more of them. Go start a thread! (But no :icon_spam)
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2004, 02:26 AM   Senior Registered Member #37
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

Hm, didn't the bitching of you moderators make a few of our members leave?
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2004, 06:13 AM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #38
Mandy
Honourary Brit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonie
Something else - leave the bitching to moderators, k? I mean comments such as 'speak English already' and the like. The 'report a bad post' option is there for a reason. We're not stupid. If we feel something should be done, we will. If nothing's been done, you don't have to. Ever heard of this wonderful invention called 'PM's'? Did it ever cross your mind that maybe we decided to deal with it in a less public manner?
So in other words...."Haha, you can't but I can." ?
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2004, 07:18 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #39
acliff
llama llama duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
So in other words...."Haha, you can't but I can." ?
In the ideal of the moderators actually 'moderating' *shock horror*, yes. Thank you for clearing that up.
And DevilJet, Leonie is using 'bitching' as an umbrella term for people tellings others to do things (or not as the case may be). In reference to the vigilante posts where people have a go at others for posting spam, and spelling things wrong... and then having a go at the moderators for being too harsh... *scratches head*
Old 18-11-2004, 03:28 AM   #40
Fancyman
Pimp

I think we need more Fancyman, or at least a little more funny. What made the site so fun a year aog was the fact that i laughed everytime i read the forum. I would read the forum at least twice a day. Not quite the case anymore. I admit my opinion means shit after my extended absence, but i thought I'd comment. Carry on.
Fancyman is offline   Reply With Quote