To All Americans... - Page 4 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 03:33 AM   #61
bob

well howard won anyway. although i wonder whether the FTA would have gone ahead if bush hadn't been re-elected.... ? probably would have.

but regardless of bush, i'd still be looking at higher hecs fees (fucking howard...)
Old 07-11-2004, 12:07 PM   First Class Member Officer #62
Sarah
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby
What the fuck? Every single one of us said those things? They probably went to Missouri, or some shitty state like that, and asked what people thought of England. I don't understand why you're so patriotic. I heard Grimsby is pretty shitty. And I heard it from a Londoner.
Don't fucking bring my town into this. Whoever said it is shitty has probably never even been to Grimsby SO SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT MY TOWN.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:00 PM   #63
bob

hey, anyone's free to pay out sydney if they'd like. only my town rules, so if you do try to pay it out then you'll end up looking like a douchebag. sucks to all of yers
Old 07-11-2004, 02:30 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #64
apoggy
Mmm Marmite

I think people need to chill t he fuck out a lkittle bit. I thought we were all old enough to be better than resorting to petty arguments revolving around comments such as 'you are shity' or 'your mum is a whore'.

Why not grow up eh? The lot of you.

Ive been on KKW long enough to understand that disagreements do happen, but also to know that none of it should be taken too personally as we are a community that is diverse in its cultures and clashes will occur.

Don't make me tell your mummies (note: no egyptian mummies will be reanimated in the process)

Chill out, have a warm English beer, and rest easy with the knowledge that I've told you stop being idiotic.
Old 07-11-2004, 03:51 PM   #65
NearokA

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoggy
I think people need to chill t he fuck out a lkittle bit. I thought we were all old enough to be better than resorting to petty arguments revolving around comments such as 'you are shity' or 'your mum is a whore'.

Why not grow up eh? The lot of you.

Ive been on KKW long enough to understand that disagreements do happen, but also to know that none of it should be taken too personally as we are a community that is diverse in its cultures and clashes will occur.

Don't make me tell your mummies (note: no egyptian mummies will be reanimated in the process)

Chill out, have a warm English beer, and rest easy with the knowledge that I've told you stop being idiotic.
Pride.
two of a kind but one won't survive,
my images reflect in the enemies eye,
and his images reflect in mine the same time,
--Mos Def
Old 07-11-2004, 04:27 PM   Senior Registered Member #66
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoggy
You're right. I guess I proved what was said in post #1. Sorry.
Old 07-11-2004, 04:32 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #67
acliff
llama llama duck

Quote:
What the fuck? Every single one of us said those things? They probably went to Missouri, or some shitty state like that, and asked what people thought of England. I don't understand why you're so patriotic. I heard Grimsby is pretty shitty. And I heard it from a Londoner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
Don't fucking bring my town into this. Whoever said it is shitty has probably never even been to Grimsby SO SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT MY TOWN.
I can hear the wedding bells already....

Am I the only person hugely amused by how petulant everyone is?
People taking huge personal offense for something written on the internet? Say it ain't so...
A thread full of mindless patriotism mixed in with a undeserved air of superiority on both sides of the ocean. With a garnish of Australians to spice it up a little. I like it.

However, to those people who are intentionally making it worse, putting out outrageous statements to incite anger, to cover up for the fact that they don't actually have a clue what they're talking about, you're not smart, you're not clever, and everyone else knows it. So shut the fuck up, mmkay?
Old 07-11-2004, 04:41 PM   Senior Registered Member #68
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Don't fucking bring my country into this. Whoever said it is shitty has probably never even been to America SO SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT MY COUNTRY.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:26 PM   First Class Member Officer #69
Sarah
Nice

Quote:
Don't fucking bring my country into this. Whoever said it is shitty has probably never even been to America SO SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT MY COUNTRY.
Its one thing to bring a country into it, (take the piss out of england, I don't care) but its on a much more personal level when its someone's town.

So just lay off and don't bitch about Grimsby.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:29 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #70
apoggy
Mmm Marmite

I don't care what people say about me, my town or my country. Those who are are just taking these things too seriously. You are better than that, there is no need to justify these people with a response, it only serves to encourage them more.

As Baz would say:

Christ on a bike, or mmmmm NP nipples.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:46 PM   Senior Registered Member #71
Pete
Monty

lmao need to arrange a bitch fight on neutral ground...
hmm iceland will do.....

can we all get along like civilised people?
either that or do a Jay and Silent Bob and get on a plane and beat each other up face to face.... up to you....
Old 07-11-2004, 07:10 PM   Senior Registered Member #72
ryan

Quote:
Its one thing to bring a country into it, (take the piss out of england, I don't care) but its on a much more personal level when its someone's town.

So just lay off and don't bitch about Grimsby.
A bit touchy, are we?
And people say we get defensive.
Old 07-11-2004, 07:45 PM   First Class Member Officer #73
Sarah
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan
A bit touchy, are we?
And people say we get defensive.
Yeah, I'm very defensive when its about Grimsby. You have no idea how much stick I get for living here.

I'm leaving this thread now. I've had enough of this place.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:47 PM   Senior Registered Member #74
Spire
InSpire Me

Quote:
Well you obviously don't have a sense of humor.

Americans have a sense of humor. British have a deep hunger for the cock.

And I never want to hear you Brits complaining that KKW is dead, or boring. It's your damn fault. You think you're better than everyone else, and it turns people away pretty quickly. You've killed it. So don't bitch about it.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:49 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #75
Liam
Bogan Elite

For crying in a fucking bucket.

Drop it. Its not hard. Next time, I'll lock the thread.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:01 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #76
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam
For crying in a fucking bucket.

Drop it. Its not hard. Next time, I'll lock the thread.
EXACTLY.

Quote:
I said it and I was kidding. As Sarah rightly points out, I've never fucking been.

Sense of humour people...sheesh...Liam's said it all and he's not even British...does it strike you as odd that the Aussies, who have more reason to favour the American position (as they hate our arses...age old rivalry...you know how it is) actually agree this is funny?

Sheesh people...chiiill. As EVERYONE has said it's just a joke...and Cliff, if you were trying to suggest I was inflaming the situation, everyone knows that when I make a broad generalisation I'm doing it AS A JOKE and it often works to deflate things. If it didn't work, fair enough, but I never posted with an intention to actually create more tension, because guess what? I have friends on both sides of the argument... :icon_roll

Ahh well...fine...people didn't see the funny side...some did...such is life...can we all get over it now? Yeah...that'd be good. Thanks Let's all have a mass orgy...so much better...
Old 08-11-2004, 03:25 AM   #77
bob

Quote:
Sense of humour people...sheesh...Liam's said it all and he's not even British...does it strike you as odd that the Aussies, who have more reason to favour the American position (as they hate our arses...age old rivalry...you know how it is) actually agree this is funny?
well other than the fact that you guys suck much ass, i'm not really aware of any rivalry (but damn you for the rugby world cup) and supposedly australia has disliked america since WWII when we played host to their troops. not that i was around at the time, i just read this crap in incredibly biased grade10 history textbooks.

and i've heard that australians have a lot in common with canadians in terms of their sense of humour. all i know is that there are a lot of canadians in australian kids programs. what, did we have some sort of FTA with canada regarding the export of canadian children? who knows.
Old 08-11-2004, 06:23 AM   #78
Kriv

Dude if that would really happen......man how sweet would the world be, Canadian Pride Biatches!
:fencing:

btw - you all know Canadian Beer is the BEST!
Old 08-11-2004, 06:59 AM   #79
Nick

This seems to be turning into a feud between the Brits and Yanks. I'll tell you what Barrington I'll be more than happy to accept British rule again as long as you lower our dinking age to eighteen like yours and you provide us with Guinness straight from Ireland. I know you only control N. Ireland but I'm sure you can get a hold of some Guinness for us. :icon_guin
Anyway I totally agree with you about American beer, our beer sucks. So as long as you keep me inebriated with a good Irish brew you will never have to worry about me starting an uprising, I'll be perfectly content and happy in my drunken stupor.

Oh yeah and once you've taken over again just play lots of old Monty Python skits and Mr. Bean reruns on T.V.

The only problem I have is that I don't like the idea of being controlled by a monarch, there's too much room for tyranny there. Why can't you guys just take out the queen and the rest of the royal family. No offense but they're just a bunch of inbred idiots anyway. If you gave the queen some concrete shoes then I'd be more than happy to have British rule. Just incase you Brits don't know what concrete shoes are, being that you don't really have the Mafia or mobsters over there, concrete shoes refers to when you put a persons feet in a bucket of concrete and then when it dries you throw the person in the nearest body of water and the concrete causes the person to sink and drown. Now I know you're going to say I'm ignorant for saying that you don't have mobsters and gangs over there, but to be honest those little cliques you consider gangs would make American mobsters laugh.

"Banish me from eden if you will,
but first let me eat of the fruit of knowledge."
~Col. Robert Green Ingersoll

Last edited by Nick; 08-11-2004 at 07:06 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-11-2004, 10:21 AM   Senior Registered Member #80
Pete
Monty

hmmm well id rather be ruled by a inbred monarch who is a bit like one of those old grannies who thinks your name is actually bradley or something than have a country controlled by President Blair... which i really would detest...

i realise we are quite close to that anyway but for it to actually come true would be the downfall of this country...
Closed Thread