Thanks Yanks! - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 07-11-2004, 04:43 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #21
acliff
llama llama duck

To those people who think we are thanking you each personally for bringing us such wonderful things, you're misguided, as all of you as individuals blow goats.

Sarah, why post such useless 3 word posts when all thats going to happen is someone is going to tell you that you're wrong, insult you, and you start crying?
And who the fuck brought Australia into this? Did you make oreos? Did you bring us a great quantity of fantastic comedians?
To your credit you brought us um Jason Donovan... and Rolf Harris.
Haz, you're being irritating and causing trouble. Stop or be stopped.

And Mags, we know you love munching hairy oreos.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:29 PM   First Class Member Officer #22
Sarah
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by acliff

Sarah, why post such useless 3 word posts when all thats going to happen is someone is going to tell you that you're wrong, insult you, and you start crying?

Why do I post such usless 3 word posts? Because if I don't, everyone is going to be lolling about in the ''America is the best thing to happen to the world'' discussion.

Fine, whatever, Kill me.
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 08:05 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #23
acliff
llama llama duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
Why do I post such usless 3 word posts? Because if I don't, everyone is going to be lolling about in the ''America is the best thing to happen to the world'' discussion.

Fine, whatever, Kill me.
I implied that they were useless because they go lolling about anyway lol :P
And if your aim is to kill discussion, you know better than that.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:57 PM   Senior Registered Member #24
Spire
InSpire Me

And the modern computer..
Old 08-11-2004, 12:59 AM   #25
bob

you mean the PC?

i have an issue with hackers who say "microsoft is gay, that's why we wreak havoc" uh, no. get a life. if microsoft is so gay, let the software fail on its own terms. helping it fail will only make a martyr out of microsoft. stupid hackers.

i thank america for many things. mainly their entertainment industries. but i kind of got over oreos, don't know why... might have been that ad with the kid who offers his milk to his dog. that ad irks me.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 03:14 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #26
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Haz, you're being irritating and causing trouble. Stop or be stopped.
I'm doing the exact opposite. I'm being blatently facetious, and given my continued fucking professed love of America, so much so I sought to get qualified there before I'm even qualified here, people know I am. It's an attempt to diffuse the situation with a joke...since I could see this becoming an "England is better" "No it isn't" argument.

You might think your "measured" posts work well to diffuse things, but they actually just come off as patronising and childish. Yes, me calling you childish...shows how low you've stooped.

If you want to fucking fight with me, you need only say the fucking word, and I'll fucking eat you for breakfast, ok? I'm not in the fucking mood for your shit anymore...there is a fucking limit. But how about we stick to using PMs, eh? Like fucking grown ups...or can't you manage that?
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 07:45 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #27
acliff
llama llama duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
I'm doing the exact opposite. I'm being blatently facetious, and given my continued fucking professed love of America, so much so I sought to get qualified there before I'm even qualified here, people know I am. It's an attempt to diffuse the situation with a joke...since I could see this becoming an "England is better" "No it isn't" argument.

You might think your "measured" posts work well to diffuse things, but they actually just come off as patronising and childish. Yes, me calling you childish...shows how low you've stooped.

If you want to fucking fight with me, you need only say the fucking word, and I'll fucking eat you for breakfast, ok? I'm not in the fucking mood for your shit anymore...there is a fucking limit. But how about we stick to using PMs, eh? Like fucking grown ups...or can't you manage that?
I suppose it is a little late for replies etc, but this proves a point. I am a moderator, and I am TELLING you that you know better. As in me telling you to STOP it, as a representative of the KKW policing squad. Youi're taking it way too personally, for someone who tells other people to not take things and your jokes, so personally. Did I tell you that I wanted to fight? Am I doing this just because currently I don't like you? No. Although I have to admit, recently I felt like calling you up, challenging you to a formal fight, and putting my fist in your face till you shut the fuck up. But I'm over that now.
I have also felt that because you are a friend (whatever that means in this day and age) you feel that the authority of others and what they tell you to do, don't actually apply, because you've got the get out of jail free card, in the form of emotional attachment.
If you were in the army, and your commander was a close friend, you wouldn't go about telling them that they're retarded, and that you could fucking take them out, in an environment where they are looking after a group of people, and they have to treat everyone equally and fairly, and possibly a little harshly. Would you take it personally if you were court marshalled and dishonorably discharged?

Luckily KKW isn't the army, and most of the time you're not that stupid.
Regardless, I think its a case in point, that most of the members challenge the moderators and admin, because they feel that it is ok to do so. And completely emotion free, I think you are partially to blame for that.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:48 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #28
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

I'm just glad to see Bill Hicks appreciated.
Comedy genius.
Hooligans.

Last edited by hasselbrad; 08-11-2004 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Misuse of the English language
hasselbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 08:41 PM   #29
bob

have to add 'sex and the city', god i love that show.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 05:34 AM   #30
NearokA

And may God bless the bountiful harvest of beautiful American women that inhabit this wonderous country.
two of a kind but one won't survive,
my images reflect in the enemies eye,
and his images reflect in mine the same time,
--Mos Def
NearokA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 01:04 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #31
Mandy
Honourary Brit

You're welcome.
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 01:22 PM   First Class Member Officer #32
Sarah
Nice

May I add George Lucas for creating Star Wars. God Bless him.
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 02:04 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #33
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
I suppose it is a little late for replies etc, but this proves a point. I am a moderator, and I am TELLING you that you know better. As in me telling you to STOP it, as a representative of the KKW policing squad. Youi're taking it way too personally, for someone who tells other people to not take things and your jokes, so personally.

I have also felt that because you are a friend (whatever that means in this day and age) you feel that the authority of others and what they tell you to do, don't actually apply, because you've got the get out of jail free card, in the form of emotional attachment.

Regardless, I think its a case in point, that most of the members challenge the moderators and admin, because they feel that it is ok to do so. And completely emotion free, I think you are partially to blame for that.
Firstly, I'd like to clarify I didn't perceive your actions, taken as a whole consistently since our last particular falling out, to be anything less than personal. Especially as most of your "modding" was directed at personal attacks on me...I challenged it because I doubt I've done anything as bad as anyone else...and I question if the reason you disagree is personal or not. Taken remotely...have I done more to antagonise than anyone else? If so...then I wonder why you argued with my leaving post, if I did so to prevent me antagonising people (I was reliably informed you spoke sense so...maybe it's less of an opinion of one, and may well be a majority opinion). Either way, if I'm antagonising people, I have sought to remove myself from that situation...I am just paying you the service of a reply (and I would appreciate it if you refrained from posting another reply, because I will merely feel obligated to reply again). If I behaved improperly, I have taken actions against myself...this should satisfy your desire to see KKW a better place so...that ought to be the end of the discussion.

Secondly, I have never sought a "get out of jail free" card and did for a great while (incidentally the time you were away) give plenty of cause for moderation that never came...then all of a sudden you came back and there it was again...perhaps that makes you a better mod than the rest of the team, or perhaps that says something...I don't know which it is and quite frankly, I don't care. I dispute whether your comment was directed at moderating...not your entitlement to moderate. I was never at any point seeking to antagonise in this thread...which is why I perceived your comment not to be moderating and rather to be personal. I happen to think that where personal attacks are at stake, the appropriate response is as a person to a person, not as a moderated member to a moderator. If I am wrong in seeing this as personal, I apologise, but the evidence seemed contrary to your assertions.

Thirdly, it is ok in my humble opinion to challenge moderators, there's nothing wrong with it at all. If one is willing to take the consequences, should there be any (and I've never shied from those). I happen to believe people should protest against something they think to be oppressive. Yes, this is a dictatorship, not a democracy, but that doesn't mean people shouldn't protest, only that those in power have the power to shut them up. Last I checked those in power still DO have those powers.

As a final point I would like to reiterate I have apologised if my behaviour was improper, and merely explained my position. I do not feel the need for there to be a reply to this, as I've not challenged you or asked you a question. Perhaps this cold reflective mood would've been more appropriate for such a post...my apologies thusly for the more heated post before. I trust this is the end of said matter? You need not reply...if it is the end then no reply would merely confirm that to me, and we (that is you and KKW on one side and me on the other) can comfortably go our seperate ways without the need for me to return to respond. I trust that we all agree this is in the best interests of all concerned...

Oh, and in a thinly veiled attempt to stay on topic...everyone knows I love America and a list of things I'd have to thank the nation for would be too plentiful. I happen to not only harbour a desire to return (yes, be afraid, be very afraid) and perhaps live and work there (told you to be afraid) but have some good friendships made and broken with Americans, and I wouldn't trade even the broken ones for anything Yes, gushy I know but such is life...it is supposed (I hope) to be my last post.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 08:39 AM   #34
ralfusius
Nutter Boris

I've got absolutely no clue what oreos are/is...
some kind of candy?
Old 10-11-2004, 11:55 AM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #35
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfusius
I've got absolutely no clue what oreos are/is...
some kind of candy?
Two thin cookies (some say chocolate...but I've never really tasted chocolate...it's kind of just a mystery flavor) surrounding an 1/8" layer of icing.
Normal people twist them open, eat the cookie without the icing and then lick the icing off of the second half. I lick until the icing is completely gone so that the cookie turns my tongue black. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 10-11-2004, 04:33 PM   Officer #36
Mags
Officer

Sometimes they're hairy.

Cliff knows.
Mags is offline   Reply With Quote