May 19, 2005... - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 06-11-2004, 02:52 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #21
barrington
Kite-Eating Tree

It's got Natalie Portman and planet-sized things going boom. How can it possibly be bad? Oh.

In case anyone's wrestling with outdated trailer links or registration - The Trailer Is Here!
barrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 04:20 PM   Senior Registered Member #22
Spire
InSpire Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
No, from the information I've found on III, this guy said it would rival Empire Strikes Back, so shut up.
Beware, though, their is a shit load of spoilers throughout the link below:

Click it.
Oh, that's even better. Listen, it's pretty much 100% impossible for Lucas to create something that can even come close to the original trilogy. He's lost it. If you honestly believe Episode III will be better than ESB, well, you have a complete and utter lack of taste. Thanks to the first two prequels, we already hate and have no interest in the characters, know that the dialogue will be atrocious, and that Lucas will once again whore out CG effects.

And don't use that guy as an excuse. "Who is more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"
Old 07-11-2004, 12:57 AM   Senior Registered Member #23
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spire
Oh, that's even better. Listen, it's pretty much 100% impossible for Lucas to create something that can even come close to the original trilogy. He's lost it. If you honestly believe Episode III will be better than ESB, well, you have a complete and utter lack of taste. Thanks to the first two prequels, we already hate and have no interest in the characters, know that the dialogue will be atrocious, and that Lucas will once again whore out CG effects.
I never said it would be better than ESB, I said it would RIVAL it, as in numero duo position in the saga. It's gonna be PG-13, which means an edgier story, fiercer battles, and the CGI looks absolutley stunning. No doubt this will be the best prequal, and it's getting high hopes from many. Don't knock it until you tried it Spire.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:17 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #24
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Fuck the doubters. It's easier to knock the movie than to actually look at the plot and realise the PLOT of this is actually FAR better than that to ESB with the completion of Anakin's fall to the Dark Side. True, there may be doubts over whether Lucas and this cast can actually execute it, but the plot must at least make one HOPE this will rival ESB. If not Lucas will have pissed over the part of the hexology that for me SHOULD be the best. Why not actually see the movie and hope, but not too highly...that'd be the smartest way to go.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 01:24 AM   #25
bob

Quote:
I said it would RIVAL it, as in numero duo position in the saga
how does that work? ep 3 to ep5? it'd make more sense if you were comparing ep2 to ep5 but we all know what went wrong there (HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN) and saying that it would 'rival' ESB is suggesting that it has the potential to be better than it. stop implying that.

and i completely agree with spire. CG fx are for making unrealistic things more realistic, i don't know how lucas manages it but he seems to go in the opposite direction. and people keep blaming the stale performances on the dialogue. that's only 50% of the issue. the other 50% of utter wrongness came from the actor's performances. lucas interviews how many goddamn fucking blonde guys for the role of anakin, and he chooses the one who has potentially the least amount of chemistry with natalie portman?! it's ridiculous! but his plan worked - bored insipid teenage girls flocked to star wars like they never have before.

episode 3 has the potential to be the greatest one in the prequel trilogy, but the standard's not very high in the first place.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 01:27 AM   Senior Registered Member #26
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
Fuck the doubters. It's easier to knock the movie than to actually look at the plot and realise the PLOT of this is actually FAR better than that to ESB with the completion of Anakin's fall to the Dark Side. True, there may be doubts over whether Lucas and this cast can actually execute it, but the plot must at least make one HOPE this will rival ESB. If not Lucas will have pissed over the part of the hexology that for me SHOULD be the best. Why not actually see the movie and hope, but not too highly...that'd be the smartest way to go.
Hazzle, I love you.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:28 AM   Senior Registered Member #27
Spire
InSpire Me

Quote:
I never said it would be better than ESB, I said it would RIVAL it, as in numero duo position in the saga. It's gonna be PG-13, which means an edgier story, fiercer battles, and the CGI looks absolutley stunning. No doubt this will be the best prequal, and it's getting high hopes from many. Don't knock it until you tried it Spire.
Bad news. Lucas signed merchandise contracts (mostly for toys) that require the film be rated PG. If it's anything else, he'll have his ass sued off and be breaking the law. Lucas just couldn't keep his greed in check.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:29 AM   Senior Registered Member #28
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Bad news. Lucas signed merchandise contracts (mostly for toys) that require the film be rated PG. If it's anything else, he'll have his ass sued off and be breaking the law. Lucas just couldn't keep his greed in check.
Well, then he'll be sued. You can't make a movie this dark PG, it's simply inhumane.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:34 AM   #29
bob

Quote:
but everyone knows what happens. the problem with this scenario is that it's been placed in the hands of an inexperienced or just plain incompetent actor. star wars fans don't watch the prequels because they want to know what happened before the trilogy (we know what happened) we want to see HOW it happened. we want it to unfold before us in a seemless manner like how the original trilogy unfolded before us.

but it's been a rocky ride.

and what ever happened to micro machines? where have they gone!?
Old 07-11-2004, 02:02 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #30
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Hazzle, I love you.
I love you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob
but everyone knows what happens. the problem with this scenario is that it's been placed in the hands of an inexperienced or just plain incompetent actor. star wars fans don't watch the prequels because they want to know what happened before the trilogy (we know what happened) we want to see HOW it happened. we want it to unfold before us in a seemless manner like how the original trilogy unfolded before us.
I agree, that true star wars fans KNOW the story...and that it's about seeing how it plays out on the screen...which is where the other prequels fucked up...but you never know...he (I assume you mean Hayden) may surprise you.
Old 07-11-2004, 02:16 AM   #31
bob

yes, he might. and every optimist here was right in saying that we can't knock it if we haven't seen it. but i'd prefer to keep my expectations low. i went into Ep2 with high expectations, it was the first star wars film i actually frowned in.
Old 07-11-2004, 02:20 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #32
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob
yes, he might. and every optimist here was right in saying that we can't knock it if we haven't seen it. but i'd prefer to keep my expectations low. i went into Ep2 with high expectations, it was the first star wars film i actually frowned in.
Keep em low. I am too...but I still think it's worth seeing.
Old 07-11-2004, 02:34 AM   #33
bob

but part of my dislike also has to do with the fact that lucas has broken away from what i expected the films to be. if you think about it, he says he's trying to emulate the style of the original trilogy but to make it suit it's contemporary audience. the original trilogy was camp given the fact that it was made during the 70s/80s. however the prequels are really camp even though they're recent.

then he says that he's marketing it at kids, just like the original trilogy was marketed at kids. if that's the case, then why is the humour less mature than that of the original trilogy? it's like he's dumbing down the prequels to suit with a dumber audience. i just don't get where he's going.
Old 07-11-2004, 03:17 PM   Senior Registered Member #34
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrington
In case anyone's wrestling with outdated trailer links or registration - The Trailer Is Here!
Thank you, Barrington.

It looks alright. I'm not a big Star Wars fan, though. I'll see it to support Natalie.
Old 07-11-2004, 07:29 PM   Senior Registered Member #35
Ashley

The lava part in the trailer reminds me of Baz's terragen render The Infected Forest... mxied with his render Volcano. Looks good though, I have hope for this one.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:15 PM   Senior Registered Member #36
frodo1511
Pin Dick

I need to gets me some of those contacts Hayden is wearing in the trailer:P
Old 07-11-2004, 08:54 PM   Senior Registered Member #37
Spire
InSpire Me

Quote:
Well, then he'll be sued. You can't make a movie this dark PG, it's simply inhumane.
Sorry, it's going to happen. He's bound by law now. You can have a dark film if you cut out the gore and some of the violence.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:14 PM   #38
blueeyebrit
Newcomer

Well I finally got around to seeing the trailer, not the greatest trailer in existance (which teaser trailer is?) but certainly promising. It's worth seeing if only for the glimpse of Palpatine with a lightsabre and some really bad tooth-rot.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:18 PM   Senior Registered Member #39
ryan

it's got yoda fighting again, the emperor fighting, lots of sabre-action, more natalie portman, and wookies galore.

it's going to kick ass.
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 10:12 PM   Senior Registered Member #40
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
You can have a dark film if you cut out the gore and some of the violence.
Yeah, but it's not the same. Oh sure, I guess you can have a story involving the total annihilation of a race, the killing of a wife, and major lightsaber battles in a dark movie, just minus the killing, annihilating, and killing, and add in sing-a-long songs. I'm sure it'l still be good.