May 19, 2005... - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 04-11-2004, 11:41 PM   Senior Registered Member #1
frodo1511
Pin Dick

May 19, 2005...(INCLUDES TEASER TRAILER)

...that's the tenetive release date of Star Wars:Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. I was watching TRL this afternoon, and they showed the teaser trailer for this movie. I have to say, that after a 1-2 minute teaser, I'm fucking stoked for this flick. It'll sure as hell surpass the other two prequals, and from what I dug up on another forum, could rival the Empire Strikes back for best movie in the saga. If you missed the teaser, it's also premiering in the previews for the Incredibles(kinda like Monster's Inc. and Episode II). If I find it on the net, I'll link it(or if someone else finds it first)

EDIT:
http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/20...3/trailer.php]
here's the link, it's a little dark, I appologize.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:23 AM   Officer #2
Renegade
Stock Boy

http://www.kkwavefront.org/forums/sh...t=revenge+sith
Here's the link, it's a little old, I apologize.

Cmon Frodo, search button. You know better...wait, do you?

Anywho, I actually saw the trailer on TV. It looked good, though they didn't show much. There was a small clip showing Anakin forcing Obi-wan to direct his lightsaber towards himself. That, I liked.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 06:55 AM   #3
blueeyebrit
Newcomer

I'm yet to see the trailer (still downloading - damn 56k) but by all accounts the third Star Wars film is set to be one of the better ones. Damn shame Keira won't be in it!
Old 05-11-2004, 07:00 AM   Senior Registered Member #4
Narg
Westie Yobbo

Link dosnt work.. If any1 finds another one, could they please post it. I wouldnt mind seeing it.

EDIT: I found a torrent link for it
http://66.90.75.92/suprnova//torrents/2954/Starwars%20Ep%203%20Trailer%20FULL(8MBpsDivxHD-48khzStereo-16x9)%5Bimegabyte%5D.torrent

and its all over most p2p programs, not sure if your allowed to download it yet tho, legally.. its supposed to be for paying subscribers to sw.com ah well..
Old 05-11-2004, 08:12 AM   Senior Registered Member #5
Spire
InSpire Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
could rival the Empire Strikes back for best movie in the saga.
You are the dumbest person alive. Not even George Lucas thinks that I bet. He's gone fucking nuts and butfucked his franchise, but even he knows the prequels don't come close to touching origianl trilogy.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:25 PM   #6
bob

i'm with spire on this. frodo, you seem like the type who is fascinated by shiny things.

i'm disenchanted. i can't even stand the special editions let alone the prequels. and even the cast is disappointed, just look at ewan and natalie's comments regarding the films.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 01:01 PM   Senior Registered Member #7
Narg
Westie Yobbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spire
You are the dumbest person alive. Not even George Lucas thinks that I bet. He's gone fucking nuts and butfucked his franchise, but even he knows the prequels don't come close to touching origianl trilogy.
Your both stupid, it might be shit, it might be good, it might even be the best, no motherfucker has seen it, so no1 knows. pointless speculation is, well.., pointless.
Old 05-11-2004, 02:22 PM   First Class Member Officer #8
Sarah
Nice

Seen the trailer. Loved it. Can't wait for the film.
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 03:27 PM   #9
Jasper

It won't be as good as the middle 3.

There was a reason Lucas chose the middle 3 episodes to start with, because they were the most exciting/entertaining.
"You know that with-holding evidence from a federal officer is a serious crime. Especially when that officer has paid handsomely for that evidence, and wouldn't think twice of ripping that patch off your eyehole and skull fucking you to death."
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 04:28 PM   First Class Member Officer #10
Sarah
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper
It won't be as good as the middle 3.

There was a reason Lucas chose the middle 3 episodes to start with, because they were the most exciting/entertaining.
You make it sound as though he is still planning to do VII VIII and IX.

Just for the recond. George Lucas is not making them.

This is it, the last ever episode.
Old 05-11-2004, 04:33 PM   #11
bob

maybe jasper's just being an optimist.

and narg, let's be realistic, it doesn't have half a chance of being the best if hayden christensen's in it. 'nuff said.
Old 05-11-2004, 04:39 PM   Senior Registered Member #12
Spire
InSpire Me

While Lucas denies that he's planning on making VII, VIII, and IX, he also denied for 15 years that he was making I, II, and III. In a recent interview with Mark Hamill (you can actually download the clip of him saying it) he said that George Lucas asked him if he we like to star in Episodes VII, VIII, and IX. Hamill said sure, and asked when they'd be released and Lucas said "Oh, around 2011 or so."
Old 05-11-2004, 04:44 PM   #13
bob

hey, provided they do a better job with casting this time around, and provided lucas tries to stick to the EU canon rather than making up his own mumbo jumbo (the prequels almost killed me) then i'd be fine with it. no jar jars or haydens. ick.
Old 05-11-2004, 04:55 PM   First Class Member Officer #14
Sarah
Nice

They are not happening.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:01 PM   Senior Registered Member #15
Richard
Dated

I just recently rewatced episodes 4, 5, and 6 - but still haven't seen the first two. No doubt I'll be seeing this, just don't know when.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:54 PM   Senior Registered Member #16
Spire
InSpire Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
They are not happening.
We'll see. I personally hope they don't happen, since Lucas would just screw'em up. But I think Mark Hamill would know a bit more about it than you would.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:57 PM   Officer #17
DragonRat
Officer

I'm actually psyched for Episode III. It will certainly be much darker than the previous two episodes: of course, most people will agree that Episode V, the darkest of the entire Star Wars hexology, is the finest film in the series. Of course, because it's in a current pre-trilogy that has not succeeded in the older three, I'm not putting a lot of credit into it. But I will see it.

I doubt Lucas would be willing to make Episodes 7-9. If I were to want those done, I'd want the Zahn books - the Thrawn Trilogy - to be filmed (because those were the first books Lucas allowed in the Expanded Universe), and to be directed/produced/written by someone other than Lucas, though he would definitely have a major hand in it. And the old cast seems too old to make those films, and it would be a major media coup to see who would be cast as the new Luke, Han, Leia, etc.

"Football is about if you want to run and fight for each other, if you really want to play that killer ball." - Robin van Persie, Arsenal FC
DragonRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 08:34 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #18
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

I personally reckon Revenge of The Sith (I refuse to use the episode numbers...it's tacky) has potential, at least in terms of plot. I reckon, given the storyline, it should be darker than even The Empire Strikes Back. I'm with DR entirely on this...which doesn't actually surprise me as DR is a man of immense intellect.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 09:16 PM   Senior Registered Member #19
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spire
You are the dumbest person alive.
No, from the information I've found on III, this guy said it would rival Empire Strikes Back, so shut up.
Beware, though, their is a shit load of spoilers throughout the link below:

Click it.

PS. I apologize that their was already an Episode III thread, but that was back in July/August, so it deserved a new link IMO.
Old 06-11-2004, 05:30 AM   #20
bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
No, from the information I've found on III, this guy said it would rival Empire Strikes Back, so shut up.
hellooooo! hayden christensen is the focus of the movie. let's be realistic about the movie's chances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRat
quoting dragonrat
if lucas actually did approach the original cast, chances are the movies are taking place in the NJO timeline (i know people don't like the njo) or he's going to make up his own shit.

GODDAMN I HATE LUCAS.

ok... i'm calm, very much controlled. and i actually read that lucas didn't want to do any more movies but he was showing interest in making a television serial... which is kinda tacky (star trek, anyone?)