Props to John Kerry... - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 03-11-2004, 06:40 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Props to John Kerry...

...for doing the right thing and conceding.
I've been listening to the community radio station here, and have been appalled at the number of people who seem absolutely incapable of accepting that he lost. People are e-mailing these ridiculous diatribes about rigged machines and how Kerry couldn't have lost because of the exit poll results.
I'm just glad that John Kerry and the Democratic Party have taken the high road and conceded the election. Contesting results and endless litigation would only serve to further polarize an already divided nation. Sadly, there seems to be enough blind hatred out there to prevent a certain segment of the population from accepting the results. I'm happy to see that mentality isn't present here. So far, the only reaction here has been to tie a good drunk on. I'll drink to that.
Old 03-11-2004, 07:11 PM   Senior Registered Member #2
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

I didn't read all of your post, then I wrote "If Kerry hadn't conceded it would have ploarized our nation even more than it already is." Then, I noticed you had practically the same sentence in there, just more well worded. So I didn't post it and I ran away. But yes, I agree with you.
Old 03-11-2004, 07:14 PM   First Class Member Officer #3
Sarah
Nice

How many posts do we need about the election?
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 07:16 PM   Senior Registered Member #4
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
How many posts do we need about the election?
You're right. We should start a sub-forum for it.
Old 03-11-2004, 07:43 PM   Senior Registered Member #5
Richard
Dated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby
You're right. We should start a sub-forum for it.
We should make a sub-forum about movies... but that's just getting off topic.

Uma Thurman supported the Kerry campaign. She must be crushed. Shame on those who hurt my Uma. May they burn in hell.
Old 03-11-2004, 08:57 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #6
Foeni

Don't read my lates post in the M! thread, Richard..
I, too, am happy that Bush is gonna win (so it seems..). Reason, you might ask? Here it is: http://www.kkwavefront.org/forums/sh...07&postcount=8
Old 03-11-2004, 09:45 PM   #7
marry rich people

Quote:
Uma Thurman supported the Kerry campaign.
Props to those rich people that can look past their money and tax cuts they might get and concentrate on what really matters to them.
For a change, for a change
Thats ok, ok, ok
marry rich people is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 09:48 PM   Senior Registered Member #8
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by marry rich people
Props to those rich people that can look past their money and tax cuts they might get and concentrate on what really matters to them.
Except most of them did it for publicity. At least, I think they did.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:26 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #9
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Problem is...all those rich people insist on making government responsible for the tab. Stem cell research is now a three-billion dollar burden on the California taxpayers. This should be funded privately. Brad Pitt and Dustin Hoffman supported it, but they've left it up to the taxpayers of California to pay for it. Getting the government involved will only drive up the cost. Private firms would do a much better, much more cost effective job.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:32 PM   Senior Registered Member #10
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Let's just say Kerry took it like a man...;P
Old 03-11-2004, 10:55 PM   #11
marry rich people

Quote:
Problem is...all those rich people insist on making government responsible for the tab. Stem cell research is now a three-billion dollar burden on the California taxpayers. This should be funded privately. Brad Pitt and Dustin Hoffman supported it, but they've left it up to the taxpayers of California to pay for it. Getting the government involved will only drive up the cost. Private firms would do a much better, much more cost effective job.
I like your idea, hasselbrad. Too bad you voted for Bush.
For a change, for a change
Thats ok, ok, ok
marry rich people is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 11:05 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #12
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
I like your idea, hasselbrad. Too bad you voted for Bush.
Hey...at least we can have a rational political discussion without slinging words like "Nazi" around.
I don't support a lot of what Bush has done. I probably would have voted for Joseph Lieberman if he had been the Democratic nominee.
Old 04-11-2004, 12:02 AM   Officer #13
DragonRat
Officer

I suppose the name of John F. Kerry came three letters too wrong to be someone favorable to the Democratic vote in the nation. As a viewer who's political interest might be burgeoning from hence, it seems that the Democratic Party itself might need to look within and find someone amongst who can truly pull off a charismatic coup in the likes of Bill Clinton. That may end up being William Jefferson's own wife. I mean, it's kharmic for a dynasty to begin where another ends.

"Football is about if you want to run and fight for each other, if you really want to play that killer ball." - Robin van Persie, Arsenal FC
DragonRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 02:23 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #14
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad
Hey...at least we can have a rational political discussion without slinging words like "Nazi" around.
I don't support a lot of what Bush has done. I probably would have voted for Joseph Lieberman if he had been the Democratic nominee.
And you are by NO means the only person who voted for Bush who said that...methinks the Democrats fucked up.

And if they're not careful they may end up seeing a long line of Republican presidents, punctuated every so often by a democrat unable to pass anything thanks to a heavily stacked Legislature and Supreme Court...

God I love how the American system of politics is so fucked up.

Incidentally...back on topic...I agree...Kerry did exactly the right thing...there was, and maybe still might be, talk of Bush bringing in democrats on his cabinet since the divisions have been so strong, the passions so heated...y'know with vandalism and shit...that's not politics...that's anarchy and it's bad for the country as a whole.

<shrugs> But props to Kerry...good man. To be honest though, he probably should've conceded last night when Ohio was called for Bush...but let's not be picky. I did say I thought Bush'd take Ohio and Florida with Kerry taking the third swing state Pennsylvania...God I love it when I'm right (hopes noone will point out his other mistaken call )
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 04:21 AM   Officer #15
Renegade
Stock Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
...God I love it when I'm right (hopes noone will point out his other mistaken call )
It was obvious CA was going to Kerry (55 electoral votes at stake). Because if CA wasn't going to Kerry, people wouldn't have been so skeptical about the potential outcome. I should not speak against Haz, he probably knows way more about US politics than the average American. But anyway, just wanted to point that out .

My english teacher actually stopped in the middle of her lecture and brought in a TV so the class could watch Kerry admit defeat. Awesome.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 04:51 AM   Senior Registered Member #16
Elijahfan

my history teacher spent all of today explaining the electoral college, it's good system but could still use a little reform,though that will never happen....go nader!

sad kerry lost, i'm mad about it but not like scary mad. though every time my friend says "4 more years" and i add "of crap". pisses me off that some people make their decision just based on the abortion position of a party, or gay marriages. most the kids in my school do that, they dont factor in health care plans or taxes, or espeically the war and the facts about the war.

the rich movie stars should be paying for the stem cell research, that justs a burden on california, seriously the celebrities can fund it themselves, and i'm for the research too but come on....rich bastards.

i live in minnesota so we were one of the swing states, i think we went to bush, stupid rich edina people.....we used to be democrat state...i dont know where it switched. i think mn pretty split on D and R still. i dont know about other people, but everyone's super glad the elections are over here....being a swing state the campaigning on tv was fucking insane! every commerical was about voting.

I’m okay with being unimpressive, I sleep better ~Garden State~
Elijahfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 04:56 AM   Officer #17
Renegade
Stock Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijahfan

the rich movie stars should be paying for the stem cell research, that justs a burden on california, seriously the celebrities can fund it themselves, and i'm for the research too but come on....rich bastards.
Yeah I know. Why does California have to be the forefront for research and funding if the stem cells are to be used for the better of America? I'm confused (and probably ignorant)
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 04:59 AM   #18
Nick

Oh goody, four more years of Georges tyranny, oh oops I mean benevolence. Well sadly our only hope now is that he does something really stupid and gets impeached. I can dream right? Anyway I'm going to start building my bomb shelter now as this country is fucked.

"Banish me from eden if you will,
but first let me eat of the fruit of knowledge."
~Col. Robert Green Ingersoll
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 05:01 AM   Senior Registered Member #19
ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick
Oh goody, four more years of Georges tyranny, oh oops I mean benevolence. Well sadly our only hope now is that he does something really stupid and gets impeached. I can dream right? Anyway I'm going to start building my bomb shelter now as this country is fucked.
Like our last democratic president, right?
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 05:15 AM   Senior Registered Member #20
Elijahfan

yeah, nick...that just sucks for you...hey we both had,well you currently have a govenor from the movie prediator....for the record, i did support the beginning of that trend in minnesota.

yep..moving to canada... not that far away for me...road trip! and i like it cold!

I’m okay with being unimpressive, I sleep better ~Garden State~
Elijahfan is offline   Reply With Quote