King Arthur promotions - Page 4 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira's Movies & Projects

Keira's Movies & Projects The place to discuss Keira's movies, projects and anything else you hear with your ear to the ground...

Old 01-07-2004, 02:59 AM   Senior Registered Member #61
Ashley

Read this on Yahoo!

All hail 'King Arthur'
Wed Jun 30, 6:34 AM ET
By Donna Freydkin, USA TODAY

This might be just about the most self-effacing cast to ever promote a big-budget summer blockbuster. The stars of the epic King Arthur turned out for its world premiere Monday night at the Ziegfeld Theatre, where they promptly proceeded to downplay the difficulty of an arduous six-month shoot.

"It was tough in terms of length, horses, physical stuff," said Clive Owen, who plays the noble King Arthur. "But listen, there are lot of tougher jobs than this out there."

The film, which opens July 7, dispenses with the pretty legend of King Arthur and Knights of the Round Table in favor of a grittier tale written by Gladiator scribe David Franzoni.

"It's not Camelot," said director Antoine Fuqua, who arrived with wife Lela Rochon. "This is the prequel. Every legend has a beginning, and this is the beginning of the legend."

As feisty fighter Guinevere, Keira Knightley pulled out all the stops to get in shape. "I did swordfighting, archery, a bit of boxing," she said. "I loved it."

Knightley is equally proud of the muscle tone she gained during her three-month training sessions before filming. "If I could keep it up without having to go to the gym for two hours a day, four times a week, I would, but I'm a lazy cow," she said with a laugh.

And though he may play Arthur's trusted and gutsy pal Lancelot, Ioan Gruffudd (news) (aka Horatio Hornblower in A&E's 2001 series) says that off-screen, he's "not that heroic. I would run away from any battle. Even though it was rough, I loved being on a horse all day, every day, for six months. It was exhilarating."

So was the after-party at the glorious Gothic Cathedral of St. John the Divine, where revelers were entertained by jugglers, falconers and swordfights.
Old 04-07-2004, 05:16 PM   #62
Mistikle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glow
Who play in "King Arthur " ????
Clive Owen plays Arthur

Loan Gruffud plays Lancelot
Hugh Dancy plays Galahad
Joel Edgerton plays Gawain
Mads Mikkensen plays Tristan
Ray Winstone plays Bors
Ray Stevenson plays Dagonet
there all arthur's nights of the round table!!

and ofcourse our lovely keira plays Guinevere!!
Old 04-07-2004, 06:08 PM   #63
Mistikle

Cool

i love these quotes they had in the paper about King Arthur...

Arthur: "You have your deeds, but deeds are meaningless unless they serve some higher purpose."

Lancelot: "I dont believe in heaven. I've been living too long in this hell!"

Galahad: "Imagine what a lovely quiet place the world would be if everyone had their throats slit."

Gawain: "The gifts Gods gave me, I use in battle or in bed."

Tristan: "We knights are blessed in that we dont run from it. We seek it, grasp it by the throat and demand honour in our passing."

Bors: "I'm alright! Let's kill them all!!!"

Dagonet: "When this quest is done, we will be quit forever of this place."
Old 07-07-2004, 12:02 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #64
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

In Newsweek is the first review I've seen, titled "Knight of the Living Dead: This listless King Arthur even lacks a love triangle", and it's less than stellar. I'm not sure if it's online yet, but here are quotes to summarize the article:

"Somewhere inside King Arthur is a feel-good movie about virtue triumphing over evil, but you'll have to look hard to find it."

"Unfortunately, none of [the story] is very much fun. The cinematography is dark and depressing. The dialogue is stilted. And for some reason, director Antione Fuqua has even ditched the Arthur/Guinevere/Lancelot love triangle."

"The movie's strong suit, if it has one, is the hyper-close-up action sequences..."

"Worst of all, almost no one smiles in King Arthur. Certainly not Owen, who Arthur sounds like Nicolas Cage at his most monotone and sports the same perfect minibeard for the entire film."

Something halfway positive about Keira:
"As a butt-kicking Guinevere, Knightley gets the movie's best line. Lancelot to Guinevere: 'There's a large number of lonely men out there.' Guinevere to Lancelot: 'Don't worry, I won't let them rape you.'"

Unfortunately, the above quote is followed directly by:
"But her dewy stare and plucky strut verge dangerously close to Winona Ryder territory."

"By the end, when Arthur becomes king and unifies Britian, it's hard to care much. Since this is a movie where the fog gets more scenes than Lancelot, it's no wonder King Arthur is all wet."

Harsh.
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 06:15 PM   #65
Mistikle

this article is from E.T about keira and king arthur:

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/mini/smg2004/...ingarthuruntv/
Old 10-07-2004, 05:19 PM   #66
Mistikle

Keira Bulks Up!

Glamorous actress Keira Knightly had to put on some serious muscle for her starring role in the new film, King Arthur!

Keira's exercise program consisted of weightlifting, boxing, sword fighting, horseback riding, archery lessons and a 2-3 workout at the gym. The actress admitted she put on a little weight when preparing for her role as Guinevere the warrior queen in the film. "I went up a whole dress size and it was all muscle. My breasts just disappeared!"

The 19-year old actress has now stopped her intense exercise program and admits that her 'breast are back'!

King Arthur is in cinema's July 15th!

http://www.girlfriend.com.au/navitro...E256289182A89D
Old 23-07-2004, 02:22 PM   #67
Guido
Newcomer

Exclamation

Meh Me is A new Member ... :icon_spam
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 03:36 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #68
apoggy
Mmm Marmite

Thats all and well guido but you have proceeded to spam the forums. Read the rules, abide by them or face a temporary ban.
apoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2004, 12:19 PM   Knightley News #69
KnightleyNews
Newsmaster

There's full-page ads in the British press today, and Clive is back in his rightful centre place, with Keira on the left.

UK reviews so far are about as bad as the American ones !

Paul
Old 29-07-2004, 11:53 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #70
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightleyNews
There's full-page ads in the British press today, and Clive is back in his rightful centre place, with Keira on the left.

UK reviews so far are about as bad as the American ones !

Paul
Yeah, spotted that from the way Movies Now dealt with it
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote