King Arthur promotions - Page 3 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira's Movies & Projects

Keira's Movies & Projects The place to discuss Keira's movies, projects and anything else you hear with your ear to the ground...

Old 23-06-2004, 03:02 AM   Senior Registered Member #41
Elijahfan

yeah but it's a very different story from the tradition KA. everyone thinks medieval, castle, damsel in distress. they're going on a gladiator/troy theme. and she is the only big name known (in the States). A lot more people know her rather than Clive Owen. And the audience has already seem the big war battles too, in LOTR and troy. i think they really want star power to sell the movie.

I’m okay with being unimpressive, I sleep better ~Garden State~
Elijahfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2004, 04:07 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #42
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

I'm just saying I don't agree, that's all. I was actually disappointed in the storyline of the film, so if this is the way they are going to make money, then great. I hope it works for them. I, personally, just don't think it's all that fair.

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2004, 04:12 AM   Senior Registered Member #43
Elijahfan

i agree..the movie business is tricky and unfair

Old 23-06-2004, 04:22 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #44
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

Wow, a whole post just for that. Glad you agree with me. Since I always have to have the last word (right Haz?) I'll just make the main point of my post to say that I am also very excited that Hugh Dancy is in this movie, because I think he is super hot, I really like his accent, and in "Ella Enchanted" his skin looked amazingly soft and perfect.

That was a total crap post, but at least I got my beloved last word

Check out my blog:
Old 23-06-2004, 04:31 AM   Senior Registered Member #45
Elijahfan

i like hugh dancy too. i think he's a really good actor. he was in daniel deronda and the main character too, on public broadcasting of course.

okay off topic i'm going to stop now. not to steal your last word though.

Old 23-06-2004, 04:49 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #46
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

I'm really not as bitchy as I'm acting right now, I promise. I'm actually a nice person, but around noon this morning my sister's beloved cat (who happens to be crippled) disappeared and as it nears closer to ten hours later, he still seems to be missing. So I'm getting a little stressed. I was going to lighten the mood by posting a picture of Hugh Dancy without his shirt on, but my AOL seems to have gone berserk, so that will have to wait.

And to keep this on topic, has anyone else read the script or the book of the upcoming movie?

Check out my blog:
Old 23-06-2004, 09:18 PM   Knightley News #47
KnightleyNews
Newsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey
I'm really not as bitchy as I'm acting right now, I promise. I'm actually a nice person, but around noon this morning my sister's beloved cat (who happens to be crippled) disappeared and as it nears closer to ten hours later, he still seems to be missing. So I'm getting a little stressed. I was going to lighten the mood by posting a picture of Hugh Dancy without his shirt on, but my AOL seems to have gone berserk, so that will have to wait.

And to keep this on topic, has anyone else read the script or the book of the upcoming movie?
I haven't read the tie-in book but one of the reviews I read said it was as if the author was freeze-framing a rough cut of the movie and writing "then this happens, then Arthur says..."

I can't believe it could be that bad, but you never know.

By the way here's some competitions:
http://www.cinecon.com/kingarthurnyc/
http://www.murphsplace.com/owen/arthur/arthur.html
http://www.foxtel.com.au/competition/2175.html

Paul
Old 23-06-2004, 10:57 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #48
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
I'm really not as bitchy as I'm acting right now, I promise. I'm actually a nice person
Wha? That's news to me Just kidding! Please don't hurt me

Quote:
but around noon this morning my sister's beloved cat (who happens to be crippled) disappeared and as it nears closer to ten hours later, he still seems to be missing. So I'm getting a little stressed.
Sorry to hear that...hope you find him soon.

Quote:
I was going to lighten the mood by posting a picture of Hugh Dancy without his shirt on, but my AOL seems to have gone berserk, so that will have to wait.
God bless AOHELL. We really don't need more pictures of shirtless men...honest...it's not something people want to see...I'm sure I speak on behalf of many people...

Quote:
In the spirit of trying to keep this on topic, no
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2004, 12:12 AM   Knightley News #49
KnightleyNews
Newsmaster

So now we know the rating: PG-13 (see premieres thread).
So much for the 'hard R' everyone was talking about at the time of filming. After Disney's miserable performance at the box office so far this year (especially last weekend's terrible figures for Around The World In 80 Days) I think Disney must have decided to cut the gore to get bums on seats.

Paul
Old 24-06-2004, 02:27 AM   Officer #50
Renegade
Stock Boy

The TV spots and advertisements are coming along great. I'm seeing a King Arthur ad on practically every bus, billboard, and bus stop in LA. But seeing as Spiderman 2 is coming out the week previous to King Arthur here in the US, I don't think KA will fare so well at the box office. Hopefully it won't bomb and take in atleast 35-40 million.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2004, 03:33 AM   Senior Registered Member #51
Elijahfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightleyNews
So now we know the rating: PG-13 (see premieres thread).
So much for the 'hard R' everyone was talking about at the time of filming. After Disney's miserable performance at the box office so far this year (especially last weekend's terrible figures for Around The World In 80 Days) I think Disney must have decided to cut the gore to get bums on seats.

Paul
yeah i keep seeing all the trailers on tv but it says not rated yet. i hope they keep the stuff in even if it gets an R rating (though that means i cant see it). i hate it when movies to do, and it's just to get a lower rating so more people can see it for more money. that happened to troy were they cut a lot out of the film to try an get it to be PG-13, they barely showed any limbs being cut off or anything, and it still got an R rating (which i thought was funny), but they didnt put in the stuff they cut even though it still got the R.

i really hope they dont do that to KA cause they might take out some of keira's fighting. i heard that keira said that she might even of did some biting in a fight scene and i want to see that. plus i dont want to miss out on anything "warrior smurf" stuff.

Old 24-06-2004, 08:14 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #52
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

Haz...we always need more pictures of guys without their shirts on...especially when it's Hugh Dancy.

Paul...definitely agree on the book. It really wasn't all that great, which, I admit, as gotten me a little worried about the movie.

As for the rating and the cutting of the violence...darn. I have to admit I was looking forward to that.

I found my sister's cat by the way. I woke up the next morning and he was sleeping on the couch. Good times.

Check out my blog:
Old 25-06-2004, 12:00 AM   Knightley News #53
KnightleyNews
Newsmaster

US:
Starz will have a 14minute behind-the-scenes documentary on the movie at these times:
http://www.starz.com/se/ssp/schedule...he%20Set:%2092

Paul
Old 25-06-2004, 12:10 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #54
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Haz...we always need more pictures of guys without their shirts on...especially when it's Hugh Dancy.
*Post editted for the protection of members*

Well...the warning was made...not my fault if it's not heeded...I stand by it...

[edit: I wasn't entirely happy with the post...was a little lame ]

I'm sure they just did it because she's the big star and could sell the movies...all films do it...it just so happens that in this case she doesn't play the main character...

Last edited by Hazzle; 25-06-2004 at 12:56 AM.
Old 25-06-2004, 02:03 AM   Senior Registered Member #55
Elijahfan

the marketing is really weird...does anyone have more info on the premiere, possibily photos?

Hugh Dancy, shirtless??? that would be nice...i just watched the Sleeping Dictionary with him in it and he's so hot.

Old 25-06-2004, 08:21 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #56
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijahfan
the marketing is really weird...does anyone have more info on the premiere, possibily photos?

Hugh Dancy, shirtless??? that would be nice...
Haz shirtless would not...trust me...you have been warned... (If that doesn't make sense, blame the mod who editted the earlier post )
Old 25-06-2004, 09:46 PM   Knightley News #57
KnightleyNews
Newsmaster

From today's Variety:

Inside Move: MPAA dubs 'Arthur' PG-13
Disney vanquishes Bruckheimer's R-rated promise

By DAVE MCNARY

"King Arthur" won't be the second coming of "Gladiator" or "Troy" when it comes to carnage.
The Motion Picture Assn. of America recently rated "King Arthur" PG-13 after the studio managed to trim enough of the violence from the epic's climactic battle scenes to avoid an R.

The PG-13 rating is likely to come as a surprise to some. Producer Jerry Bruckheimer promised last year he'd deliver an R-rated pic, adding, "Audiences want to see something that's real. They don't want to cut away."

Disney spokesman Dennis Rice told Daily Variety that the move to secure a PG-13 rating fits in with the studio's push to attract a broad audience. "We've always felt it was advantageous to go for as wide an appeal as possible with a big summer film like this," he added.

Paul
Old 26-06-2004, 12:47 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #58
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Typical bloody Disney...
Old 26-06-2004, 12:29 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #59
Liam
Bogan Elite

No violence? Fuck that. Whats the point then.

Meh. Won't be seeing it.

Edit: For Chrissake. I was joking. I got 2 random AIM messages accusing me of being a serial killer. Look, next time I'll add in lots of little smilies and shit for people with no sense of humour.

Last edited by Liam; 26-06-2004 at 12:42 PM. Reason: 2 Random cretins have no sense of humour
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2004, 02:40 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #60
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam
No violence? Fuck that. Whats the point then.

Meh. Won't be seeing it.

Edit: For Chrissake. I was joking. I got 2 random AIM messages accusing me of being a serial killer. Look, next time I'll add in lots of little smilies and shit for people with no sense of humour.
Lol...people need to understand The Funneh better...I actually laughed out loud when I read that...cretins!

And yes, I find the smilies work...I tried without but people get all worked up without realising it's a joke, so the smilies point it out to those not equipped with The Funneh detection.