Do You Think That if Keira Was Black...she would have the samesucces a she has now? - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira Knightley Discussion

Keira Knightley Discussion General banter on the object of our affection.

View Poll Results: Do you think that if Keira was Black (or coloured) she would have the same succes??..
Yes 4 21.05%
No 15 78.95%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 25-07-2004, 01:29 AM   #21
alby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyce_Blue
Ooops, I guess I'm too used to being politically correct. What is the correct term for African-Americans in Europe. Saying colored or "coloured" in the US is kinda racist.
All recent polls conducted show that blacks in the US prefer to refer to themselves as black rather than African American. Besides, I don't think blacks care which term you use.

Saying the word colored is not necessarily racist. NAACP = National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.

What's with the racial hypothetical question anyways...
Old 25-07-2004, 01:56 AM   Senior Registered Member #22
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

Arrow Naacp

The NAACP was founded in 1909, when the term "colored" was still in very wide use.

By the way, no problem Guido. I was too aggressive,
Old 25-07-2004, 02:36 AM   #23
Josher

No, because if you think about it, if she was the same, but had black skin, she would be one ugly person but I am not racist, all I am saying is that blacks, whites, asians etc., all have their distinctive looks and if Keira had black skin she would look awkward. There are many beautiful black people, asians etc., but Keira would be pretty funky looking.

Old 25-07-2004, 02:43 AM   Senior Registered Member #24
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

Arrow Very true Josher...

I really think that Josher is on to something. Congrats for being the first person to come out and say what everybody wanted to hear all along. I believe this is the answer to the question.
Old 25-07-2004, 03:57 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #25
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

I'm assuming the question was if Keira didn't look the same and was black (because with all due respect I doubt her features would be found on a black person...because skin colour is just part of one's racial makeup...the bone structure differs, as do other things)...but had the same talent...would she be as big, and so I voted yes. I think I see no reason why a talented young coloured actress would not do well. Just look at her asian co-star in Bend It...she's gone on to big things...and in my view her talent isn't QUITE as good as Keira's, given she's a fair bit older (it's like a 6 year gap or something).

Still a fucking stupid thread though.
Old 25-07-2004, 05:38 AM   #26
alby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyce_Blue
The NAACP was founded in 1909, when the term "colored" was still in very wide use.

By the way, no problem Guido. I was too aggressive,
If colored was so offensive, the organization would have changed its name a long time ago.
Old 25-07-2004, 09:35 AM   Officer #27
DragonRat
Officer

Well, it's kinda stupid to change the name of the NAACP (which is one of the most well-known special interest groups in the United States). The term 'colored' is by itself a racist and outdated adjective, simply because 'colored' could mean anything other than white - including black, red, yellow, etc. What's the point in changing the NAACP to NAAAAP or NAABP? The change in the name does little to the image. However, any other use of the word 'colored' to mean non-white people in any racial context (in the NAACP's case, an outdated context), I find racist and derogatory.

But what's the point of this thread?

"Football is about if you want to run and fight for each other, if you really want to play that killer ball." - Robin van Persie, Arsenal FC
Old 25-07-2004, 01:54 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #28
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRat
But what's the point of this thread?
Don't think there is one...
:icon_spam
Old 29-07-2004, 09:19 AM   #29
AJ©

:icon_spam :icon_spam :icon_spam Stupid (kinda racist) thread

Old 29-07-2004, 09:48 AM   Senior Registered Member #30
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

Not really racist, just depends on what ethnic background you like physically, since that's what most people here like her for. Her acting isn't a good reason since there's more talent out there.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
Old 02-08-2004, 10:03 PM   #31
Justin
Newcomer

I think she would definetly have succes in the movie-business,
because her parents stimulated her so much, because they work(ed?)
in that business too, if she would have been black and equal to the
beauty of Keira now... she would definetly have the same succes.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:12 PM   First Class Member Officer #32
Sarah
Nice

I think this thread has run its course. Its full of spam and I think everyone has reached the same conclusion.
Closed Thread