What movie have you seen today? - Page 86 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 18-07-2010, 09:29 PM   Senior Registered Member #1701
michael22
eternally screwed

Inception- Whoa (done in a keanu voice), this movie is really REALLY fucking good

Predators-meh. It is not terrible and filled with awesome ideas. Nothing is executed well at all.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:10 PM   #1702
Surprize

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael22 View Post
Inception- Whoa (done in a keanu voice), this movie is really REALLY fucking good.
Great to hear that. I missed it but I have enormous hopes about this movie.
Surprize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:02 PM   #1703
Surprize

Sorcerer's Apprentice - okay, a little entertaining. Actually, rather good for a fantasy movie. Somehow it's not easy to make a decent film in this genre.

Salt - I loved action sequences and Angelina but this insane idea of the Russian spies army was presented in quite a ridiculous way.

Aaand, finally. Inception! I loved it. Perfect! Flawless really, to my mind, for everything was in balance. Captivating. Nolan is a genius indeed. I guess that even this orginal work of his is better than previous adapted film versions, even better than The Dark Knight, especially taking into account that the last one had such an exceptionally compelling character as the Heath Ledger's Joker. What I mean is that even without character parts, Inception is brilliant.
Surprize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2010, 01:37 AM   Senior Registered Member #1704
michael22
eternally screwed

Scott pilgrim was epic!!! filled with epicness.

Expendables: urgh, this movie had potential but was not structured well and the action lacked vitality or engrossingness.
Old 27-08-2010, 10:49 PM   #1705
eelliiinn

I saw Inception today. It's actually sick how good it was. Crazy.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:59 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1706
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Finally saw Slumdog Millionaire today. Was actually rather disappointed after all the hype. It was a good movie, great juxtaposition of old India with modern India as the story proceeds, but overall it left me feeling...empty. It lacked the warm feeling a real "feel good movie" leaves you with, and the ending let it down as a piece of serious cinema.

A good film, but not the masterpiece its been made out to be, not by any stretch of the imagination.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:18 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #1707
duckula
Nobler in the mind.

I saw a documentary on New Orleans and Hurricane Katrina by Harry Shearer (of Simpsons and Spinal Tap fame) called The Big Uneasy. Really good stuff. Saw it at a director's Q&A and John Landis was in the audience, which was pretty fucking cool.
duckula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 01:56 AM   Banned User #1708
angelababy
Banned

Wedding Crashers - Fairly funny actually, not great, but has some good laughs in it.
angelababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:01 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1709
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Has nobody seen a movie since November? Jesus you lot are sad...
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:40 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #1710
duckula
Nobler in the mind.

Has been a while so I will just mention a couple that have passed muster in the past few months.

Easy A. Emma Stone. Very funny. Recommended.

Restrepo. One of the most powerful and moving things I have ever seen. An amazing documentary. Not for the faint hearted.
duckula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:45 PM   #1711
eelliiinn

Ah yes, Easy A is great.

And I re-watched An Education yesterday, awesome film, must see! (:
Old 12-04-2011, 03:42 AM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1712
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Faster
If you like action and violence, this movie needs to be in your Netflix queue or you need to just go fucking steal it.
Seriously.
They're still pretty much still rolling credits when the Rock caps the first motherfucker in the forehead.
I'm not kidding. The film opens with him getting out of prison. He walks out to find no one waiting to pick him up. He starts running through some God-forsaken desert in Texas, and runs until he gets to a junkyard. He whips a tarp off of a bad-ass 1970 (I think) Chevelle SS, takes the keys off the front left tire, gets in and takes a piece of paper out of the glove compartment and reaches under the seat for a Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan, peels out of the junkyard, drives for a while, gets out of the car and jaywalks, causing all manner of mayhem, walks into an office, stalks through it until he finds his pray and empties his first victim's skull with one .454 Casull hollow-point round much like you would the innards of a pumpkin at Halloween.
That's literally within the first three or four minutes of the film.
Old 15-04-2011, 07:28 AM   Senior Registered Member #1713
michael22
eternally screwed

Speaking of must see films for action lovers.
Hobo with a (motherfucking) Shotgun: one word-bloodpocalypse.
Rutger Hauer displays great scene stealing hobo goodness and kills with a righteous fury and a shotgun. Highly reccommended.

I have been binging on films ever since finals started.
Collateral: Michael Mann delivers more of his signiture style and tone with a movie that is only slitghly let down by the end.

Unknown: enjoyable trashy Taken clone.

Sabrina: Heaven in a film.

Bicycle thief: This heartbreaking movie made me angry for at least two days.