King Arthur: A Financial Bomb - Page 5 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira's Movies & Projects

Keira's Movies & Projects The place to discuss Keira's movies, projects and anything else you hear with your ear to the ground...

Old 29-07-2004, 04:23 PM   #81
Object Of Affection

"sorry off topic"

Well this piracy thing needs to be sorted.

I mean in asia and russia and other places in the far east piracy is perfectly normal thing to do i mean it was on the news over here that 9/10 video shops in russia sale pirate dvds of films that have only just come on the cinema.

I don't think it is there fault if dvd's are £10-£20 i mean alot of people over there can't afford to waste money like that on dvds so they choose to go for the pirate dvds at £3-£4.

Making it a hugely popular thing to do.

Sad really but unless something is done then it's only going to get worse in the future!
Old 30-07-2004, 12:22 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #82
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Please...stay on topic...and I did try and start a thread about this topic but it got out of hand...if you want to discuss this topic, try IRC...

Back ON topic...I've actually always discussed Fuqua as Fukwa (not so much two seperate syllables as two blurred syllables).

And I'm not sure if better distribution would've helped...being distributed at Christmas might've been better, and keeping it aimed at the target it was intended for initially...basically they fucked Fuqua all over the shop and in the end the film could've done so much better if Disney hadn't been so pricky about it. Oh well.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2004, 01:06 AM   Senior Registered Member #83
frodo1511
Pin Dick

All hope is not lost- Wait for the DVD.
Old 31-07-2004, 01:21 AM   Senior Registered Member #84
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

Dvd

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
All hope is not lost- Wait for the DVD.
Seriously, with a fresh ad campaign, the DVD really has a chance of selling well. This really worked with Jason Statham's The Transporter DVD. The movie didn't do overly well in theaters, but the DVD sold very well.

It's really all about management. The movie is already out, and people know what to expect. With DVD advertisements, it is all about making the consumer think they are getting more.

Old 31-07-2004, 02:02 AM   Senior Registered Member #85
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyce_Blue
Seriously, with a fresh ad campaign, the DVD really has a chance of selling well. This really worked with Jason Statham's The Transporter DVD. The movie didn't do overly well in theaters, but the DVD sold very well.

It's really all about management. The movie is already out, and people know what to expect. With DVD advertisements, it is all about making the consumer think they are getting more.

With ads saying "PACKED WITH NEW AND DELETED SCENES!" and, "HOURS OF NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN FOOTAGE!" (or something like that) I believe the DVD will do just great.
Old 31-07-2004, 02:10 AM   Senior Registered Member #86
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

Yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
With ads saying "PACKED WITH NEW AND DELETED SCENES!" and, "HOURS OF NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN FOOTAGE!" (or something like that) I believe the DVD will do just great.
Yeah, that usually gets me to buy a DVD, but I never watch them. It's just good to know that they're there.

The Pirates of the Caribbean DVD (of course featuring Keira) has also sold very well. I think the people at Buena Vista will be pleased that Keira Knightley is popular in the US, because having Clive Owen on the cover just isn't enough to sell a DVD.
Old 31-07-2004, 08:13 AM   #87
fantastic
Newcomer

Smile

In China <king arthur>will soon appear on the market, I think it will do
a good job
fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2004, 04:51 PM   Senior Registered Member #88
Spire
InSpire Me

I'm not sure if Disney is going to be willing to sink more money into the DVD to try to make up for the box-office sales.
Old 31-07-2004, 05:07 PM   Senior Registered Member #89
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spire
I'm not sure if Disney is going to be willing to sink more money into the DVD to try to make up for the box-office sales.

You are right. Disney hasn't made a good decision in almost a decade. I bet they release King Arthur in one of the crappy cases. The one that all the Warner Bros. movies come in. They are made of a thick paper and a little plastic snap on the right side.

Disney needs a new marketing Rep. if they want to avoid another collapse like KA.
Old 01-08-2004, 05:12 PM   #90
danny cool
Newcomer

im sure im in a minority hear but i dintthink troy was great yet people would go and c it because they thought it looked good in the trailors.the actors are good il give them that but everwere u looked u could c posters trailors .. the same with spiderman 2.And so far what av i seen of king arthur 1 poster on a bus stop and that was facin away from the traffic so it was hard to c and i was looking. i think that if they want to c any real money back from this film they need to up how the stakes in the ad campaigh for the dvd release.
Old 01-08-2004, 07:29 PM   #91
Samurai Deli
Newcomer

I think the DVD sales will do well. I mean, there might be a Directors' Cut version that's rated R and has more scenes. So I think more people will buy that.

"No fear, no regret."

"We make war so that we may live in peace." - Aristotle
Samurai Deli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 08:32 PM   #92
danny cool
Newcomer

yes me for sure , taking the blood and gore out of the the film reall lost somthing u canrt have i film thats got 3 battle sequinces in it with no blood
Old 01-08-2004, 08:42 PM   #93
Samurai Deli
Newcomer

Yeah, that's true. It loses its realism.

"No fear, no regret."

"We make war so that we may live in peace." - Aristotle
Samurai Deli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 08:48 PM   Senior Registered Member #94
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Deli
I think the DVD sales will do well. I mean, there might be a Directors' Cut version that's rated R and has more scenes. So I think more people will buy that.
there is already a planned director's cut DVD in the works, since there was already so much of the film cut(to get the lower rating)
Old 01-08-2004, 08:51 PM   Senior Registered Member #95
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

Good thing...

It's a good thing they cut a lot of the blood, not from a quality standpoint though. If KA would have come out at a rated R movie, it would have lost another chunk of the teen audience. That demographic is increasingly more important these days.
Old 01-08-2004, 09:21 PM   Senior Registered Member #96
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyce_Blue
It's a good thing they cut a lot of the blood, not from a quality standpoint though. If KA would have come out at a rated R movie, it would have lost another chunk of the teen audience. That demographic is increasingly more important these days.

I would have to dissagree with you, dyce. Whenever a restricted movie comes out, and contains teen humor and/or fighting, all the underaged teenagers try to get into the movie, either by bringing there parents, sneaking in, or buying a ticket when some loser is at the ticket booth, not caring what age they are. They do this so they can boast to people about how they got into an R-rated movie. I'm sure these tricks will work for "Harod and Kumar". But take The Martix Reloaded and the Passion of the Christ. For both movies, I'm shooting at a 50% total Box Office gross was contributed by minors.