Premiership Up-to-Date - Page 4 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:52 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #61
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Wow Haz... y'all need an American keeper.

West Ham has officially avoided relegation.

Besides Newcastle bouncing back, who do you think will get promoted?
Old 03-05-2010, 11:16 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #62
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Nah. We just need a keeper. To describe Fabianski as a goalkeeper is a grave insult to legends of the club like Seaman and Lehmann. And age is no fucking excuse; Joe Hart is easily the best keeper in the league this season and he's actually younger than Fabianski.

Not that the rumours of us signing him have a prayer of being accurate. I think Hart'll go back on loan, but this time with a recall clause put in so that if they get injuries he can come back (and don't get me started on City being allowed to loan Fulop when they already have a senior goalkeeper who's fit; we had to play Mannone, they should have to play Nielsen).

We may not even buy a new goalkeeper, according to Wenger. Having said that, I've learnt to never trust a word Wenger says about transfers. I suspect he's trying to a) keep Fabianski's confidence as high as possible until the end of the season and b) keep prices for potential keepers low.

In terms of a new keeper, it was looking like Sorensen might be a done deal, but this recent injury could change that. No way Wenger's spending the money needed to land Lloris, no matter what the press may think. He may go to United. If rumours of Juventus needing to sell to give Rafa Benitez money to spend are true (and I suspect they are) then Buffon could yet be an option, albeit a rather implausible one.

As for more realistic recruits, I can actually see the Scott Parker rumours having some validity to them. West Ham'll want to keep him, but I could see Parker wanting to play Champions League football before his career is over. And he could break into the England setup with Arsenal more easily than with West Ham. At the right price the deal could suit both parties, giving West Ham money to spend.

I still think we'll be fine for third. Fulham will likely field a reserve team to keep their best players fit for the Europa final and we're at home; only two sides (Chelsea and United) have beaten us at home, and only two more (Man City, who, for all their spending, parked the bus, and Barcelona) got draws. Don't forget, we only need a point to secure third, due to our goal difference being 11 better than Spurs. I'd actually like to see Mannone given a go against Fulham, who he had such a wonderful debut against at Craven Cottage.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:20 AM   Banned User #63
angelababy
Banned

If West Ham can't beat the likes of Bolton at Upton Park, a top half finish may be as unattainable as European football.
angelababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:38 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #64
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

How in the hell have we managed to throw away so many opportunities to win the title? Needless to say I'm pissed. Was nice to see Spurs get destroyed by the second best side in Spain though...
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote