no more pirates!? - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira Knightley Discussion

Keira Knightley Discussion General banter on the object of our affection.

Old 01-02-2010, 10:25 PM   #1
taylorv

Unhappy no more pirates!?

keira knightly reported not doing pirates of the carribean 4!!???? is that true!?

i really hope it isnt does anyone agree with me if so why?

my reason is that shes just perfect for that role and its going to be horrible without ehr i really wish she would do it she completes the movie and idk how to explain it but she just really should!! shes my fav character!

does anyone know why she isnt doing it?
Old 02-02-2010, 02:16 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #2
barrington
Kite-Eating Tree

This is correct. Neither Orlando nor Keira will appear in any more Pirates films.
barrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2010, 02:51 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #3
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorv View Post
does anyone know why she isnt doing it?
Because the idea of doing a fourth Pirates film sucks?
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 09:51 PM   #4
eelliiinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle View Post
Because the idea of doing a fourth Pirates film sucks?
Couldn't agree more tbh!
Old 21-03-2010, 01:04 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #5
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Thought that as soon as I heard about the project.

Once I found out who was directing it I was sure. Memoirs of a Geisha was a masterpiece but I never much liked Chicago (not seen Nine). Not sure his style is very suited to Pirates, but then I guess people could've said that about Gore "The Ring" Verbinski (that's his official name, by the way).
Old 23-03-2010, 04:22 PM   Senior Registered Member #6
PhoeniX

Yeah she's out, and Penelopé Cruz is in

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ent...-1225844458040
PhoeniX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2010, 06:31 PM   Senior Registered Member #7
Porcelain_Doll
little-miss-smut-for-brains

Penelope Cruz? Ick. I don't give a shit about the woman's Academy Award and her muse/artist relationship with Almodóvar. Can't stand her, her accent nor her acting.

Penelope Cruz as Johnny Depp's love interest? Triple ick.
"There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." Elizabeth Bennet

musings and ramblings, aka:
my blog

Porcelain_Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2010, 12:19 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #8
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Exactly. Does nobody else remember her in Blow? I mean, I loved the movie, but only because Johnny rocked in it...she, rather fittingly, blew. I reckon it's the Rob Marshall connection. After all, his last film, Nine, also had Cruz in a lead role.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:13 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #9
Foeni

I don't even think the two last Pirates movies were that good.. Also, I don't like Orlando Bloom - he kinda ruins the movies..
Old 10-04-2010, 04:28 PM   #10
Surprize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcelain_Doll View Post
Penelope Cruz? Ick. I don't give a shit about the woman's Academy Award and her muse/artist relationship with Almodóvar. Can't stand her, her accent nor her acting.

Penelope Cruz as Johnny Depp's love interest? Triple ick.
Absolutely agree. I liked 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona' in general, but her Oscar... was she really worthy to receive it. Amy Adams and Viola Davis were far more exceptional than her ordinary psychopatic part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle View Post
I reckon it's the Rob Marshall connection. After all, his last film, Nine, also had Cruz in a lead role.
I had such an idea, too. Besides, isn't it weird that a director who makes musicals to make a movie like POTC? Maybe, I'm missing the point or he has some action films on his list? Anyway, why Gore Verbinski isn't the director for this time?
Surprize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:03 PM   #11
elizabeth2014

Lightbulb

the fact penelope cruz is in doesn't really bother me, I am glad Orlando's out , he sucks, but Keira really should come back although dumb writers no offense, decided that elizabeth should end up gaurding a heart, I'd stab it if I were her
Old 04-07-2010, 07:27 PM   #12
Surprize

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth2014 View Post
the fact penelope cruz is in doesn't really bother me, I am glad Orlando's out , he sucks, but Keira really should come back although dumb writers no offense, decided that elizabeth should end up gaurding a heart, I'd stab it if I were her
Now, as I'm thinking it over, I suppose it's a perfect ending for Will and Elizabeth's love story. And by the way, if Keira was in the project, Orlando would be there, too, so just be happy he's out

Nevertheless, I don't think that Orlando suck.
Surprize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2010, 06:35 PM   #13
elizabeth2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprize View Post

Nevertheless, I don't think that Orlando suck.
Well it's my personal opinion but Pirates wil be Pirates of Johnny Depp plays Jack Sparrow and Lord Bekket is dead with Davy gone to
Old 05-10-2010, 08:47 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #14
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Pirates was what it was because of the "buddy" dynamic between Bloom and Depp. Much as Depp is brilliant as Sparrow, there's only so much before it gets samey, and there's nobody in the cast of the new movie for him to bounce off. Love him or hate him (and generally I hate him) Bloom was ace in the Pirates movies.
Old 19-03-2011, 11:43 AM   #15
KKGorgeous

Having seen several trailers of the 4th Pirates movie, "On stranger tides", and also reading about the storyline etc I think it was better to leave Keira out. It really would have been hard to fit her in, at least the Elizabeth character. Lets be honest, that whole Will/Elizabeth/Sparrow storyline went to its conclusion and there wasn't anything you could do with it anymore. Sure they could have leave Will out now and just have Sparrow and Elizabeth as a couple now but to me that would be unrealistic. Besides, I think its better for Keira's career to move on from the Pirates franchise.

Im not much a fan of Cruz either but I think she fits in well for the new Pirates movie. Im actually looking forward to watching it, come end of May.