Oh, HBO... - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 29-03-2010, 06:37 PM   Senior Registered Member #21
Porcelain_Doll
little-miss-smut-for-brains

I really liked Rome, despite historical inaccuracies. You'll enjoy seeing blabbering Mr. Bingley take a turn as cold, ruthless Octavian.

I'm trying to get the Southern Vampire Mysteries series but I've only found them in Spanish. Real pity, since I don't feel like spending a lot of money on Amazon for them when I have a pretty big WishList
Aaand waiting till June 13th for Season 3 of True Blood is torture. At least we'll get lots of plenty nude Eric to make up for it...
"There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." Elizabeth Bennet

musings and ramblings, aka:
my blog

Porcelain_Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2010, 12:56 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #22
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcelain_Doll View Post
Aaand waiting till June 13th for Season 3 of True Blood is torture. At least we'll get lots of plenty nude Eric to make up for it...
Still on season 2 here. It's so not fair, too, that you girls get good looking blokes to stare at. My sister's rather taken with Eric too. And every time us blokes get a good looking girl (Lynn Collins, Lizzy Caplan...) they get killed.

And no, don't say Anna Paquin's hot. She's not. Cute, I guess, in a pinch, but nowhere near "hot". Hell, Anna Camp's better looking, and she's still very "girl next door" (although I guess she's meant to be). Deborah Ann Woll's probably my favourite of the current cast, but again, she's nowhere near as hot as the two they killed off. Plus, I reckon part of that is down to the character she plays.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2010, 06:58 PM   Senior Registered Member #23
Porcelain_Doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle View Post
Still on season 2 here. It's so not fair, too, that you girls get good looking blokes to stare at. My sister's rather taken with Eric too. And every time us blokes get a good looking girl (Lynn Collins, Lizzy Caplan...) they get killed.

And no, don't say Anna Paquin's hot. She's not. Cute, I guess, in a pinch, but nowhere near "hot". Hell, Anna Camp's better looking, and she's still very "girl next door" (although I guess she's meant to be). Deborah Ann Woll's probably my favourite of the current cast, but again, she's nowhere near as hot as the two they killed off. Plus, I reckon part of that is down to the character she plays.
I disagree. Anna Paquin may not be standard "hot", but I'd take her over Lynn Collins any day. She just has this appeal...I guess I'm still not over her as Rogue (though she should've had a bigger, stronger role! It's ROGUE, dammit! Then again, Jean Grey should've had a stronger role too. It's PHOENIX, dammit!!!).

Be patient, they have casted so many beautiful people for Season 3, it's almost ridiculous. Since the weres appear on this one along with more powerful vamps, there's going to be plenty of eye candy for both sexes. *squee*

Deborah Ann Woll is amazing! She's probably my favourite character. Nothing like a beautiful, angelic, teenager ticking time-bomb. I'd like to see her against one of those whiny sparklepires.
"There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." Elizabeth Bennet

my blog

Old 30-03-2010, 07:16 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #24
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
I disagree. Anna Paquin may not be standard "hot", but I'd take her over Lynn Collins any day.
Each to their own, I guess. Lynn Collins has the most exquisite calves and an absolutely gorgeous, rather elfin, face. Paquin looks great with darker hair, but I hate her as a blonde. Then again, I've never really been that much into blondes, so that could explain it. Lynn Collins and Lizzy Caplan both have darker hair, so that'd explain why I liked them.

Quote:
I guess I'm still not over her as Rogue (though she should've had a bigger, stronger role! It's ROGUE, dammit! Then again, Jean Grey should've had a stronger role too. It's PHOENIX, dammit!!!).
Actually I never really liked her as Rogue. Paquin's attempts at accents bother me a lot. Famke Janssen, on the other hand, was a great Jean Grey. And, incidentally, speaking of hot women, Famke is stunning.

Quote:
Deborah Ann Woll is amazing! She's probably my favourite character. Nothing like a beautiful, angelic, teenager ticking time-bomb.
EXACTLY! I love her. She's hilarious, captivating and intriguing, as well as an absolutely stunning girl to look at. I've noticed I have a recent penchant for redheads. The character's great too; a young vampire in every sense.

Quote:
I'd like to see her against one of those whiny sparklepires.
Heh. That puts me in mind of Moyer's remarks about Edward Cullen...
Old 31-03-2010, 01:15 AM   Senior Registered Member #25
michael22
eternally screwed

http://www.ugo.com/tv/hbo-game-of-thrones-spoilers A mini-series of a song and ice and fire done by HBO!?!?!?!! Hell yes. I am really excited for this but I would trade it for the second season of rome to be spread out into two separate things to cover the subject matter properly.

On a tangent that is somewhat related. HBO is making my essay not get done/started. Why can't they do a series on the german unification and the kulturkampf.
Old 31-03-2010, 11:36 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #26
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael22 View Post
Why can't they do a series on the german unification and the kulturkampf.
Don't worry. It wouldn't help. It'd have massive historical inaccuracies.

Probably be a damn fine show to watch though...
Old 31-03-2010, 11:34 PM   Senior Registered Member #27
Porcelain_Doll

Quote:
Actually I never really liked her as Rogue. Paquin's attempts at accents bother me a lot. Famke Janssen, on the other hand, was a great Jean Grey. And, incidentally, speaking of hot women, Famke is stunning.
I said somewhere over the forums I'd go gay for Famke Janssen. She was great as Jean Grey; but (along with legions of others, I daresay) her Phoenix should've had a bigger role. Loved the scene where she wrecked the lab and nearly raped Wolvie (can't blame her) and destroyed her childhood home (let's not get into how wrong it was for the script writers to have her kill the Professor); but after that she just stood idly by as mutants ripped themselves to pieces over a "cure" that doesn't really work after all. Screw the cure. I wanted to see the Dark Phoenix in all of its destructive glory.

Quote:
EXACTLY! I love her. She's hilarious, captivating and intriguing, as well as an absolutely stunning girl to look at. I've noticed I have a recent penchant for redheads. The character's great too; a young vampire in every sense.
Exactly. We know all the badass vamps with the attitude, but no one ever tells what it's like when you're newly turned.

It was so cute to see her and Hoyt together. It's pretty hard to act proper on a date when all you want to do is rip that someone's pants off, but as a vampire? It would be torture! And Hoyt's mother completely deserved that bite...

Now she's taking her sexual frustration out on rednecks. Eddie Cullen should take a leaf or twenty from her book.

my blog

Old 01-04-2010, 09:38 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #28
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
her Phoenix should've had a bigger role.
Indeed. One of many things the films got badly wrong.

Quote:
Exactly. We know all the badass vamps with the attitude, but no one ever tells what it's like when you're newly turned.
Especially when it's tied into the idea of a teenager going through puberty with all its incumbent changes and sexual awakening.

Quote:
And Hoyt's mother completely deserved that bite...
Not quite that far along yet . Last episode I've seen is the one where Sookie and Bill go to Dallas but there's an attempt to kidnap Sookie. Heh, loved the scene where Jessica's trapped in the travel coffin. Priceless.

It's where Maryann holds the birthday party for Tara and Lafayette feeds from Eric to heal. Curious as hell over that bellhop that seems to share Sookie's "gift" (heh, loved the fact that Vampires can order a hooker complete with blood type).

Quote:
Eddie Cullen should take a leaf or twenty from her book.
Moyer called Edward's character "a pussy". You should've heard the outrage.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:41 PM   Senior Registered Member #29
Porcelain_Doll

Quote:
Not quite that far along yet .
Argh! I'm so sorry!

Quote:
Last episode I've seen is the one where Sookie and Bill go to Dallas but there's an attempt to kidnap Sookie. Heh, loved the scene where Jessica's trapped in the travel coffin. Priceless.

It's where Maryann holds the birthday party for Tara and Lafayette feeds from Eric to heal. Curious as hell over that bellhop that seems to share Sookie's "gift" (heh, loved the fact that Vampires can order a hooker complete with blood type).
"You'll be sooo sorry when I get an eating disorder!". Hehe. Love how Jess says what every vampire-gone-vegan must be thinking. Another Jess goldie was (on the very night she was turned): "I can kill anybody I want, and there's an awful lot of people I'd like to kill."
Don't you just love an honest vampire for once?

The next two episodes are the ones that cemented my love for all things Eric, and easily the best ones in all of this kooky season.

Quote:
Moyer called Edward's character "a pussy". You should've heard the outrage.
Well, duh. Skarsgård called them "cute" and "adorable". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwa0f4pikmM

my blog

Old 01-04-2010, 11:46 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #30
Mandy
Honourary Brit

True Blood makes me feel like a kid.

Because the last time I couldn't wait so hard for a tv show to come back on air was probably The Fresh Prince of Bel-air.
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:54 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #31
duckula
Nobler in the mind.

Haven't watched True Blood beyond snippets I've caught while channel flicking. However I feel duty bound to point out that Anna Paquin is in fact, rather attractive. And that's fact, you can't argue with facts.
duckula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:59 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #32
Mandy
Honourary Brit

She has a GREAT ass.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:09 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #33
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
She has a GREAT ass.
That she does, although I'd say a few of the girls in that show have had nice backsides.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:33 PM   Senior Registered Member #34
michael22
eternally screwed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
She has a GREAT ass.
Her bit part in Trick 'R' Treat can attest to that. despite her being in need of a shave.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:16 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #35
Mandy
Honourary Brit

Also....

ASKARS!!

Old 02-04-2010, 10:56 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #36
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

As I was saying...there simply is no female equivalent to Eric. I don't know of a girl who watches True Blood who doesn't fancy Eric.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:58 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #37
Mandy
Honourary Brit

This is true.

I don't find Bill attractive at all. I kinda think Sam is hot sometimes, but nothing really compares to Eric. Even reading the books, he appealed to me most out of everybody.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:04 PM   Senior Registered Member #38
Porcelain_Doll

Quote:
As I was saying...there simply is no female equivalent to Eric. I don't know of a girl who watches True Blood who doesn't fancy Eric.
That is true. However they have casted (so far) nice female eye candy:

A were's big sis: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1685408/

This girl supposedly will appear naked and making out with another: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2082779/

Eric's new sex toy (who shall be hated by women everywhere): http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1647994/

Jason's new love interest: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1272826/

Bill's 1866 wife: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1594404/

A pissed off weregal: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2694584/

Not Eric, but at least more women than the last two seasons

my blog

Old 04-04-2010, 10:28 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #39
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Dawn Olivieri is gorgeous, and I've said that for a long time, ever since I saw her in HIMYM. She looks even better in Heroes (yes, I admit, I still watch it, in large part thanks to nostalgia, although it does appear to be getting better now, as we're getting to the part where we learn about Samuel Sullivan's power, and it is awesome. I won't say any more to avoid spoiling it for people).

The girl who plays Bill's 1866 wife was also in the OC (I recognised her picture so scrolled down her IMDB profile and recognised the character) and I thought she was gorgeous then (and as I pointed out, I currently have a penchant for redheads). Pissed off weregal's not bad either, not stunning, but decent. The others are OK, and like you said, it's more for the men to look at, at least.

And how on Earth did I miss your earlier post?! Let me address it now then:

Quote:
Argh! I'm so sorry!
Entirely my fault. It's not like I indicated where we were in the UK, and it's a known fact that when you discuss TV on the internet, you risk spoilers, short of either avoiding the discussion or announcing at the outset "no spoilers". Besides, it's hardly a huge spoiler or anything. It's fine .

Quote:
"You'll be sooo sorry when I get an eating disorder!".
I lolled when that came on. Literally. And loudly too.

Quote:
The next two episodes are the ones that cemented my love for all things Eric, and easily the best ones in all of this kooky season.
Well, I loved the one where they introduce the backstory for Eric. Not only was Eric damn funny in human life (well, he's never short of a witty retort as a vampire, is he?) but I love the way they show Eric's humanity, in a far subtler way than the way in which they showed Bill's. It's more realistic. Can't wait for the next one (it's Sky +ed and ready to watch).

Quote:
Well, duh. Skarsgård called them "cute" and "adorable". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwa0f4pikmM
Haha. Thanks for that. Forwarded onto my Twilight fan sister.
Old 14-04-2010, 09:52 PM   Senior Registered Member #40
Porcelain_Doll

(it's HBO's promo, not just TB's, by the way)

I'm a happy girl

PS: does anybody know the song? I want it!

my blog