Groomed Men? - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > Keira Girls > Relationships & Sexuality

Relationships & Sexuality Advice? I-Told-You-So's? Confusion? Rabid Parents? Stick it in here and smoke it. Boys welcome too!

Old 19-07-2004, 02:28 AM   Senior Registered Member #21
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Arrr....I agree with EmoPoop.....drunken is the way men should be.

The only thing I groom is my chest hair....and it's looking beautiful by the way.
Old 19-07-2004, 02:48 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #22
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

I don't know, because I can be attracted to someone like Colin Farrel with the eyebrows and all that good stuff, but then also someone like Ryan Seacrest. I like guys who can look nice, but sometimes the scruffy look is hot. It's a tough call; ultimately depends on the person I guess.

As for chest hair. I kind of prefer it (but not like loads, that can just get gross), because when the lights are out and theres no chest hair, it's like you're with a little boy. Scary thought.

Ultimately, I say it depends on the person. I don't like super, super feminine guys, but I can like the trendy ones, or the complete opposite, construction worker type (my friend Jeff just got a job at his dad's construction company. Damn. Hot. )

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2004, 02:56 AM   #23
Kyle_West

emopoop here.....feminine is fine, but gay is not.

Being feminine isn't saying your gay. My step-dad is feminine and he is a cool guy. He doesnt wear make up. His mom and 3 sisters did.
Old 19-07-2004, 06:26 AM   #24
ThoranosWins

Yes see men don't have well groomed hair notice how in attached picture i wear a headband to hold my hair back
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 048.jpg (5.1 KB, 120 views)
Old 19-07-2004, 06:28 AM   #25
shogun_assassin

i manage my hair in tight situations by pouring coke in my hair to give the ol' perk to it.
Old 19-07-2004, 10:24 AM   Senior Registered Member #26
KeirazBabe
The Kewlest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_West
First off the Queer eye guys should die for ruining the planet.

Second, Men should come home drink booze and scratch themselves. Bottom line.
How about No.

Quote:
emopoop here.....feminine is fine, but gay is not.
Ok Jaysus kyle your moving onto homophobia here and if you want to see the rest of your life you best stay away from me

xXx
KeirazBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 03:23 PM   #27
Cirindius

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirazBabe View Post
I think Queer EYe for the Straight Guy has been the saviour to the world lol... i dont think its correct women should be the only ones to take pride in the way they dress... wax their eyebrows etc etc.. i totally find men with back hair..bushy eyebrows.. etc etc absoltuely disgusting.. i think there should be a law that no mono-brows are allowed..ever! lol. But what do you all think? that men should be left as their natural,hairy,lazy state?:P or should they take advice from Queer Eye etc..

xXx
What's with black hair? That's like saying all asians are disgusting and that would be generalizing wouldn't it?
- Obsession with technology and the open seas
Cirindius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 03:30 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #28
Digital_Ice

!??!?!?!?!?!? 3 yr bump!
Old 02-06-2007, 03:32 PM   #29
Cirindius

I totally resent that! I for one, think black hair is perfectly fine, minus the white hair I'm getting!
- Obsession with technology and the open seas
Cirindius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:18 PM   Senior Registered Member #30
Porcelain_Doll
little-miss-smut-for-brains

erm, you know, I've never watched the O.C. It rots your brain...but there's a really good frase I remember hearing like 10.000000 times: EW!
"There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." Elizabeth Bennet

musings and ramblings, aka:
my blog

Porcelain_Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:31 PM   #31
runangl
Run Angle.

i just needed to add this:

i'm a psychology major, and this year some of my mates did a study on the menstrual cycle and the type of men women are attracted to. turns out, when women are ovulating they're more into the scruffy outdoorsy types, and when they're not they like the more clean shaven look.

it'd be useful info for the guys, if they could figure out when a girl ovulates lol
Old 09-06-2007, 11:07 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #32
Digital_Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by runangl View Post
it'd be useful info for the guys, if they could figure out when a girl ovulates lol
well thats easy... just work it out in relation to the PMS!
Old 17-07-2007, 09:14 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #33
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Ice View Post
!??!?!?!?!?!? 3 yr bump!
The best part is, he mis-read "back hair" as "black hair", and got his knickers in a twist.
Old 18-07-2007, 03:49 PM   #34
Mark410

As far as I'm concerned I'll never be a groomed man the reason being I don't see why I should be someone I'm not for someone else. I like being a scruff, and no ones going to change that.
Mark410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2007, 04:39 AM   #35
seventhson

I do what I can to take care of how I think I look: I shave, bathe/shower every morning & try to wear nice, presentable clothes even though I don't follow current fasion trends. I wash, hang & iron press most clothes to look civil as I can. Get my hair cut every 5 weeks & stylist cleans/trims my brows, etc. Since my wife dumped me, I don't know why I care as no one ever sees me with my shirt off, but I do70-80 sit-ups every day and I am thinking about getting my back waxed. It's not woolie hairy like an ape or anything, but when I look over my shoulder into the mirror, I think it wouldn't hurt too bad to burn the $80 to have the local spa rip my back clean. You never know when/if one of my friends will ask me to come over for a swim or trip to the beach. Maybe it will help my self esteem, etc...couldn't hurt to like the way I see myself even if the girls only think of me as a very plain, old dude. at least I won't be "the hairy one".
Peace
seventhson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2007, 06:35 AM   Officer #36
DragonRat
Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventhson View Post
Maybe it will help my self esteem, etc...couldn't hurt to like the way I see myself even if the girls only think of me as a very plain, old dude. at least I won't be "the hairy one".
Peace
You only say that, but in essence you believe it, too. If you doubt yourself, then of course you'll doubt what other people think. (Think the Golden Rule, with the second part the more integral clause.) If you think yourself "a plain, old dude", then yes, others will perceive it that way. Or rather, you will perceive others perceiving you that way. "The world is my will and my representation." Good ol' Schopenhauer.

But seriously, you've been through some tough times, and I'll pray for you (seriously). But the first thing you have to do, is realize that time will only tell, that passivity--in both thought and action--is not a realizing or fulfilling option in life. Everyone has to pick themselves up at some point: find something that satisfies you--YOU, as a person. Is it your daughter? Then live for your daughter. Care not for the hatred and slander that life sends to you; care only for the fact that, if your daughter loves you, and if you love your daughter, then love the world. Because she is in it. If she exists in this world--in YOUR world--then love this damn, foolish world. Because you exist, too, God damn it. You're important as well.

Make yourself feel important. Go to bed knowing that the day was done (and not in the depressing, Nick Drake way); that the sun went down, and something was FINISHED. Do something, and finish it. If something remains undone, then know that time will tell if the curtains will finally fall, or the scene will be again repeated. Don't stress about tomorrow today, because the crap that goes on today--that's enough to worry about as it is.

Keep it honest. Keep it heavy. Keep it going.

Peace.

"Football is about if you want to run and fight for each other, if you really want to play that killer ball." - Robin van Persie, Arsenal FC
DragonRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:06 AM   #37
Juliamariskamadadh
Shoutbox Abuser

Now i'm very picky when it comes to looks..Having a family member as a hairstylist helps that way you just want to comb your hands through their raven hair. Also men that are confident and comfortable in what they wear is very attractive. Dress appropriatly!
Oh and keep your skin and nails buffed..major sex appeal
Juliamariskamadadh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 11:02 PM   #38
GoPre

The problem is though that with the US's new national past time being gay bashing, any guy whos into fashion and keeps himself well groomed is thought of to be gay. And by into fashion I don't mean shopping at Abercrombie and Fitch, I mean True Religion, D&G, Armani ...shit like that. Example: When I broke up with my ex-girlfriend, afterwards her friend was like well I thought he was gay anyways because of all the expensive clothes he wore. Not cool.
GoPre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 11:46 PM   #39
maegan13
Newcomer

your right - everyone is convinced that my best guy friend is gay just because he wears nothing but abercrombie and fitch and hollister. but then again, i'm in high school and kids are brutal.

i was once asked out by a guy whose back hair kind of fluffed up over the back of his shirt.

not attractive. at all. especially since his face and chest was all hairy too, and you could see it because he wore those button down shirts.

no. shave please, thank you very much.
maegan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:20 PM   #40
Keira lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Ice View Post
well thats easy... just work it out in relation to the PMS!
well, some women have periods that don't repeat in the usual cycle.

47th Member of the Keira Knightley Posse
Keira lover is offline   Reply With Quote