Avatar Requests - Page 13 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > The Gallery

The Gallery Show off your creative talents here!

Old 22-08-2006, 06:11 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #241
Mandy
Honourary Brit

^^Yup, give me like 3-5 minutes

Last edited by Mandy; 19-04-2007 at 10:00 PM.
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2006, 06:27 PM   #242
wishingtobefamous

sweet. thanks

**edit**can anyone make me an aim icon for this? http://www.celebsrate.com/photos/59/8/
Old 24-02-2007, 11:54 PM   #243
capt.charly

wahou its wonderful !!
Old 25-02-2007, 11:34 PM   Senior Registered Member #244
Porcelain_Doll
little-miss-smut-for-brains

I too have trouble making avatars (by the way, Mr. Digital Ice, I do NOT have any of those fancy programs on my computer, so don't be so condescending )

But for some annoying reason I can't see your pictures. They all appear as little red crosses.
Now, I know this is a very common problem with probably a very simple solution, but just remember not all of us are so amazingly gifted when it comes to wasting our lives away in front of a screen.

P.S: Uhhh, I'll probably be killed for that last comment...
"There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." Elizabeth Bennet

musings and ramblings, aka:
my blog

Porcelain_Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2007, 11:55 PM   #245
KapiTa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcelain_Doll View Post
But for some annoying reason I can't see your pictures. They all appear as little red crosses.
I have the same problem!
Old 03-06-2007, 10:03 AM   #246
Fiirdraak

Thumbs up

I guess the most difficult issue in making avatars is to get them look good. I mean, it's no big issue to make them but to make something out of a large image that it works well when cropped and re-sized. I don't also get the point when many people have KK's picture as their avatar. It would be cool if people could make something from scrap or make a commission for someone who can do these things. I for one am a Visual Design student but not sure how much time I have to make these things. But like Mandy said earlier it really takes only couple of minutes to make an avatar from a picture that can be found on the net. Original pictures take quite a lot of time.

Fiirdraak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:52 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #247
Digital_Ice

i agree, my avatar was made years ago from scrach my a mate of mine... when he should have been doing a college assignment. lol
(it even has a spangly matching signature)
Old 03-06-2007, 11:16 PM   #248
Fiirdraak

Smile

Yeah, well it looks unique. I say that only the REAL THING should be able to use KK's picture as an avatar. Besides, avatar should represent the person who uses it. That's why for example in CRPGs have so many to chooce from to make sure it fits you and your character. Plus, a well designed avatar may contain a message, perhaps it tells the others about the person behind the avatar. Ok, I shot myself in the leg... I am not really a 50's film noir gangster but that is still me in the picture (though rotoscoped for a school animation project). And it may tell somebody that I am interested in rotoscope animation and film noir themed stuff aswell.

Old 03-06-2007, 11:23 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #249
Leonie
Elle

It is a Keira forum, so I'm not too surprised people use Keira avatars. Especially at the start of their fandom, people are likely to use photos of Keira that they like a lot, and this does tell other users a bit about them.

Not everyone is familiar with photo editing programmes, which poses another problem.

Lastly, if I were Keira, I'd feel incredibly awkward using some magazine shot of my face for an avatar
Old 03-06-2007, 11:30 PM   #250
Fiirdraak

Okay, righty-o.

I am a fan too but it would feel weird to me to use KK's picture as my avatar. I understand that people want to put their favorite images and use 'em but really it is not that informative. Your (Leonie) avatar is much more informative even though I can't tell if it has anything to do with the real you. But billions of Keira fans with more or less similar Ids and avatar pictures doesn't tell much. Okay, perhaps I am making this a bigger issue than it really is.

Old 03-06-2007, 11:37 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #251
Digital_Ice

i have only one thing to say about your avatar...

Trilby!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2007, 11:47 PM   #252
Fiirdraak

Now what does that mean? Me no comprendo.

Old 05-06-2007, 01:13 AM   #253
Urbanebula
Ice's Wingman

He just has a thing for Trilby's at the minute. Ignore him.
Old 23-06-2007, 02:18 PM   #254
Yuvik
Newcomer

I've made this signature, is a bit simple because is the first signature i make

why it doesn't appear?

Last edited by Foeni; 23-06-2007 at 04:42 PM.
Yuvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2007, 04:44 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #255
Foeni

Firstly, don't double post.
Secondly, did you remember to upload the attachment? You have to push 'Upload' to have the picture attached to your post...
Old 01-10-2007, 05:03 AM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #256
Mandy
Honourary Brit

Only posting this in case some unsuspecting newbie needs an avatar. I don't really think too many regulars use Keira avatars. Oh well. Was bored:

Old 01-10-2007, 05:04 AM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #257
Mandy
Honourary Brit

Old 01-10-2007, 12:31 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #258
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Yeah, this was the thread I was talking about in the shoutbox the other day. No wonder I remembered it, I started it. Heh, it was back during my ill-fated short stint as mod
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:30 PM   #259
Prince
Newcomer

Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:27 PM   #260
Keira lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Ice View Post
.......?

is this another crop/resize job?

do you people not have image editing tools? not even MS Photo Editor? or even MSPaint?

if its more than just a crop job, tell us in more detail what you want
I now this is an old post, but the GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program, not to be confused with gimpy, my nickname) is free, available on Mac, Windows, and Linux, and allowed me to make my kitty avatar.

47th Member of the Keira Knightley Posse
Keira lover is offline   Reply With Quote