What movie have you seen today? - Page 78 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:50 AM   #1541
Surprize

The film PS I love you sucks. You're too self-confident, boy, if you think that I love you.
Surprize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:39 PM   #1542
Elizabethine

marry poppins it is so nice film...iīm singing with her
Old 06-07-2008, 06:57 PM   #1543
eelliiinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprize View Post
PS I love you sucks
I know, i expected it to be really good, but it was just... strange and boring
Old 06-07-2008, 09:09 PM   Senior Registered Member #1544
Porcelain_Doll
little-miss-smut-for-brains

Quote:
The film PS I love you sucks. You're too self-confident, boy, if you think that I love you.
Hreh, loved that.

I rented Sweeney Todd the other day. It was..odd. The settings were genius, Johnny Depp was great, but I'm still not sure if the rest of the cast was...well-cast The Depp-Rickman duet was awesome..that must be my favourite song of the whole movie.

Also saw Kung Fu Panda..it was fun, even if I did make the mistake of going to the movies with a bunch of hyperactive martial arts-freaks who insisted on reproducing every single movement they saw after the movie was over.
"There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." Elizabeth Bennet

musings and ramblings, aka:
my blog

Porcelain_Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:44 AM   #1545
Surprize

Hulk It's weird. I have no desire to see the sequel.
Edward Scissorhands It was more than tem years when I saw this movie. I don't remember my thoughts about it whan I was a child. Great movie.
The Island I love it.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:36 AM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #1546
Leonie
Elle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcelain_Doll View Post
I rented Sweeney Todd the other day. It was..odd. The settings were genius, Johnny Depp was great, but I'm still not sure if the rest of the cast was...well-cast The Depp-Rickman duet was awesome..that must be my favourite song of the whole movie.
I paid to see that and I still regret it. It just... it had all the ingredients to work, but it didn't. I thought Helena Bonham Carter was the best part. Depp just played Sparrow again, only with more throat slashing.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:55 AM   #1547
Keira lover

technically, it was a series. FORTYSOMETHING with Hugh Laurie. Really good! I love English humor

47th Member of the Keira Knightley Posse
Keira lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:52 AM   Officer #1548
Renegade
Stock Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad View Post
Taylor and I went and saw Wall-E.
Cute, though I don't think it's one of Pixar's best. It's kind of funny, but the whole time they're on the giant spaceship, I kept thinking it looked like something that would have gotten Walt Disney excited to build for real.

Oh man, that would be an awesome Disneyland ride... I saw Wall-E too and I thought it was probably the best Pixar movie they've made so far (alongside Toy Story 2). Entertaining with a nice science fiction premise.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2008, 05:52 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1549
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

In Bruges
This is one of those films that proves that Colin Farrell can really act. Great film from start to finish. Funny. Harrowing. Sometimes within the very same scene. When a film can do that... and have a dwarf on Ketamine talk about his vision of the coming apocalyptic race wars whilst doing blow with a couple of whores and hitmen... you have cinematic gold.
Seriously... go rent it.
Old 18-07-2008, 07:56 PM   #1550
mongoose

The Forbidden Kingdom
Even I heared the movie is great, and I had big expectations, it wasn't that much of something you must see. The plot was pretty dissapointing (don't want to spoil it for others, but I must say the start and the end of it were too common for other films). The fighting and the action are good (one of the reasons why it's worth seeing it), Jackie Chan and Jet Li can make a good team, so overall the film was average.
mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2008, 05:14 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1551
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

Batman The Dark Knight... Awesome and I mean it. I'm not a big fan of Heath Ledger since Brokeback Mountain, but I must say he deserves the oscar and will probably get it. He plays a character who just doesn't give a fuck about anything.

The Hulk...I watched two different versions of this movie. One in english the other in german. I recommend watching it in another language. You'll enjoy it more like I did.

For those Sci-Fi fans like me Stargate Continuum...If you liked StarGate-SG1 the TV show and are up to date with the series for the past few years, you will enjoy it very much.

HandCock...A few very funny parts. A new twist to super hero movies. All in all not very good. A weak plot with a very weak ending.
Old 28-07-2008, 06:32 AM   #1552
hook_girl
Newcomer

the dark knight ., love it so much., but i like joker more than batman!! love heath ledger!! awesome!!! you rockz!
hook_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2008, 06:41 AM   #1553
Surprize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranman View Post
The Hulk...I watched two different versions of this movie. One in english the other in german. I recommend watching it in another language. You'll enjoy it more like I did.
Do you speak German?
Old 28-07-2008, 01:44 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1554
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Do you speak German?
Are you kidding? Randy barely speaks English!
Old 28-07-2008, 02:17 PM   #1555
Surprize

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad View Post
Are you kidding? Randy barely speaks English!
I know this fact. That's why I'm so surprised ... shoked.
Old 28-07-2008, 03:27 PM   #1556
luis

i`d see passenger 57
he`s pretty funny but i never buy him
Old 28-07-2008, 04:11 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #1557
Mandy
Honourary Brit

Oh God, where do I START?!

ehhhm....k

Wanted
I. Love. Mcavoy. He's the only thing that kept me watching this movie. Jolie bored me to death. She was dull and extremely stereotypical of herself. It was interesting to see Morgan Freeman play the bad guy.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall
"I don't think you should be putting your "p" in a "v" right now."
"I just wanna "b" my "l" on some "t's."

Possibly the best lines in a movie ever. Still not as hilarious to me as the 40 year old virgin but it didn't disappoint. Russell Brand was decent.

Be Kind Rewind
I was expecting this movie to be really lame since I have issues with Jack Black but I wholeheartedly liked it. Watching them spoof Ghostbusters was beyond funny.

The Dark Knight
Got to see it the day it came out. By far the best Batman movie ever thought of in history. It's going to break all sorts of records. GO SEE IT.

The Babysitters
Not really sure when this came out or if it even came out in theaters. It was possibly an independent film that only came out in certain places. Anyway, it's basically about a babysitter who starts taking money for sex while she's being driven home by the husband/father. It later on becomes a normal service and she gets her friends in on it. It was semi-interesting!
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2008, 04:31 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #1558
Mandy
Honourary Brit

Do you have a livejournal? I can help you find it.

I want to see that movie! Ellen Page rules my heart. Or my knees. Or some equally important body part.
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2008, 08:29 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1559
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Once
This is the movie that won the Oscar for best song. Good film. Different, but in a good way. It's kind of similar to Lars and the Real Girl in that you think it's going to unfold in the stereotypical, formulaic manner, but it doesn't. I'll say no more, lest I spoil it for someone.
It also provides an interesting glimpse at musicians and the process they go through in creating music.
Old 29-07-2008, 07:08 AM   Senior Registered Member #1560
michael22
eternally screwed

SOOO many movies
Wanted, good for action but it had certain flaws.........
The Dark Knight................umm cinematic crack
The life aquatic: very good, I can not get enough of Wes ANderson and bill Murray, with a great storyline that strikes a deep cord in me.
Once, made me feel twitchy inside
Rambo: I would have enjoyed it better if I muted the volume rewrote the dialog then had them dubbed
Oldboy: excellentae
Snow cake: quite different but in a good way, ALan rickmans character is very enticing.

*Note of apology to anyone expecting grammar, articulation or other such stuff of goodness, It is way tooo fucking late