What movie have you seen today? - Page 77 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:20 AM   #1521
Joly

Yeah, I watched Indiana Jones too. =)
I was expecting it to be ridiculously unrealistic with a stupid plot and it was.
Spoiler for IJ:
Remembers UFO flying away at the end.

But I still really enjoyed it. It was as entertaining as the other three but with an even more stupid plot.

Last edited by Digital_Ice; 03-06-2008 at 07:44 AM.
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:09 AM   Senior Registered Member #1522
Richard
Dated

La Vie en Rose (2007) -- What's the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of France? To some it might be the Eiffel Tower, and to others it might be the famous avenue, the Champs-Élysées. Initially, these were the only two that came to my mind, but now you can add Edith Piaf to the list. In short, this movie is about the life of the famous French singer Edith Piaf, known perhaps mostly to the public as the Little Sparrow, a stage name given to her by someone who could be considered one of the most important people in her life, Louis Leplée, and has remained with her to this day. We learn from the film that she was born practically on the streets and abandoned by her parents, and that most of her childhood was spent growing up within the confines of a brothel. We also see her as a peddler singing in the streets as well as in nightclubs before receiving her big break. She becomes an incredible sensation throughout France, touring and delighting people in many countries including the United States.

This is my kind of movie. This is the movie I would've liked to have seen take home the award for the year's Best Picture. I went into this movie knowing very little about Edith Piaf and came out wanting to know more. Even when the end credits started I found myself still glued to the screen, waiting for the last bit of credit to roll off allthewhile thinking what a truly fascinating woman Edith Piaf was. The tragedies in her life, the people she had met, and her death that came much, much too early. Marion Cotillard had me within the first 10 seconds of her first line, so believe me, she's THAT good. Just watching her react to her lover Marcel Cerdan's death is incredible. This film may not have done her life justice, but it can be agreed by everyone that she was one of a kind. If I may borrow a little of what Marlene Dietrich once said to Edith Piaf, and that, to me, listening to Piaf is like being taken on a journey. It is not necessary to understand the words, because her music reaches everyone. It is understood by everyone. It has little to do with the words; it's a combination of her voice, the spell she casts over her audience, and the images it projects.

Last edited by Richard; 06-06-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:31 PM   #1523
Surprize

I win a victory over my laziness to write here.
Erin Brockovich Not bad. It's intreresting because the plot is based upon real events. And it's terrible and sad that such situation happened.
The Holiday Typical American comedy, we call it, but I like to watch such films when I want to have a rest. Nothing serious, nothing deep. Very relaxing, although it's called one of the most unloved rom-coms in my country.
Stardust A fairy-tale. Some moments beat everything.
Merlin's Apprentice A fairy-tale with a beautiful piglet.
Surprize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2008, 01:02 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1524
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Charlie Wilson's War
The story about how "Good Time" Charlie Wilson, a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, along with a wealthy woman from Houston and an unconventional CIA agent brought down the Soviet Union. Funny stuff, especially from Phillip Seymour Hoffman.
Old 17-06-2008, 05:12 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #1525
Mandy
Honourary Brit

Eagle Vs. Shark (2007)
A unique indie movie about two very socially awkward people finding love in each other. It stars Jemaine Clement (Flight of the Conchords) and Loren Horsley.

This movie was actually reminiscent of Napoleon Dynamite. Same dead-pan dialogue, but much more clever. If you guys haven't seen Jemaine Clement in action from HBO's Flight of the Conchords, you should really check it out. It makes you wonder if he's socially awkward in real life, or if he just does a really great job portraying it. You almost want to hate him in this movie because he comes off as a jerk, but he really doesn't know any better.

The Golden Compass (2007)

I must not know that much about Catholicism because I don't see what the big controversy was about this movie. To be honest, I'm still confused about the background story of it all. Something about dust. Definitely not something a kid would be able to understand.

I thought it was really cool how their souls walked beside them in animal form. It makes me wonder what animal mine would be. Unfortunately I just found it to be another Harry Potter/Narnia movie, but not as awesome. I probably would've liked it more as a book. I don't like seeing Nicole Kidman as a villain either (huge Moulin Rouge lover) but Yay! for Daniel Craig and Eva Green.

Sex and the City (2008)
I really don't have to much to say about this one. I liked it, but it was really just a two hour long episode of Sex in the City. That's not necessarily a bad thing if you're a devout SATC fan like I am. If you're going to watch it expecting something massive, all you'll find is a regular chick flick.

Penelope (2006)
Christina Ricci, James Mcavoy, Catherine O'Hara, Reese Witherspoon, the dude that played Mr. Bingley in P&P: How could you go wrong? Without a doubt my favourite movie I've seen so far this year apart from finally seeing Amélie.

Penelope (Ricci) is born with a curse of a pig's face until she is loved by "one of her own." She was also born an aristocrat so her mother (O'Hara) assumes she must marry a blue-blood to break the spell. Unfortunately all the suitors she meets tend to run away until she meets Max (Mcavoy).

Cameos include Witherspoon, Burn Gorman () and Russell Brand.

Last edited by Mandy; 17-06-2008 at 05:35 PM.
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 06:24 PM   #1526
eelliiinn

I am Sam , such a sweet film and Dakota Fanning is absolutely amazing ! I loved it and it made me cry !
Old 18-06-2008, 01:47 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1527
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

I remember I am Sam, it was very good.

Just watched Don't mess with the Zohan, Adam Sandler is one on my favorite actors, always makes me laugh. This movie is pretty bad, at best I got a chuckle. Don't waste your time watching the Zohan.

I watched The Happening the other day. If you like M. Night Shyamalan style of movie making you'll probably like it. It is scary at times and there is some shocking scenes. I did enjoy it. The only problem is you never develop feelings for any on the characters. To me its not bad acting just a bad script for a good and new idea for a horror movie.
Old 25-06-2008, 08:14 AM   Officer #1528
Renegade
Stock Boy

No Country for Old Men. Texas scares me now.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2008, 11:40 AM   #1529
Surprize

Alvin and the chipmunks I like it so much. Great Great Great
And I'm going to see The Golden Compass today. Finally, it has appeared in the shops.
Old 29-06-2008, 11:46 AM   #1530
eelliiinn

oh i like alvin and the chipmunks too, i watched it yesterday.
But today i watched Stomp the Yard, great film!
Old 30-06-2008, 12:56 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1531
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Taylor and I went and saw Wall-E.
Cute, though I don't think it's one of Pixar's best. It's kind of funny, but the whole time they're on the giant spaceship, I kept thinking it looked like something that would have gotten Walt Disney excited to build for real.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:59 PM   #1532
luis

i look today to jackie brown, killbill 1-2
best movies ever accept te movies of keira of course
Old 02-07-2008, 05:09 AM   Senior Registered Member #1533
JenR
on loan from np.com

somebody likes SlipKnot
JenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:08 AM   #1534
Surprize

The Golden Compass Nice, the idea with the animals as souls is interesting, but I was surprised that there will be a sequel. It makes me angry. All movies have sequels. It's boring. N. Kidman is very beautiful in this film and she acts very well. I don't like the girl (I mean the actress - I don't know her name), acts badly, in my opinion.
Although the effects in the movie are good and it's beautiful it doesn't deserve the Oscar for it, if compare it with potc3. Understandable, potc2 got the oscar that's why potc3 didn't receive it...
Old 02-07-2008, 12:12 PM   #1535
luis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenR View Post
somebody likes SlipKnot
yes i do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprize View Post
The Golden Compass Nice, the idea with the animals as souls is interesting, but I was surprised that there will be a sequel. It makes me angry. All movies have sequels. It's boring. N. Kidman is very beautiful in this film and she acts very well. I don't like the girl (I mean the actress - I don't know her name), acts badly, in my opinion.
Although the effects in the movie are good and it's beautiful it doesn't deserve the Oscar for it, if compare it with potc3. Understandable, potc2 got the oscar that's why potc3 didn't receive it...
i hate that movie because it`s real life with animals
that`s nor very original
that sucks
i like more star wars

Last edited by Digital_Ice; 02-07-2008 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Double Posting
luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:24 PM   #1536
Surprize

Are you, dude, chasing all my posts on the forum?

Today I have watched Jane Austen Book Club and it was terribly boring. I was a bit frustated about Emily Blunt. Sha had tearful role.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:39 PM   #1537
luis

no iam only a dude who don`t like your things
snappie
Old 05-07-2008, 07:01 AM   #1538
Surprize

PS I love you sucks
Old 05-07-2008, 08:34 AM   #1539
luis

what d you mean with i love you sucks

PS: if you mean i sucks you do to
Old 05-07-2008, 08:50 AM   #1540
Surprize

The film PS I love you sucks. You're too self-confident, boy, if you think that I love you.