the new chanel? - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira's Movies & Projects

Keira's Movies & Projects The place to discuss Keira's movies, projects and anything else you hear with your ear to the ground...

Old 09-01-2008, 12:40 AM   #1
djana

the new chanel?

i heard that keira is going to play in a MOVIE about coco chanel and im not talking about the ad, cause i also heard that she beat out audrey tautou is this true i really would like to know!??
Old 09-01-2008, 07:42 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #2
Digital_Ice

No. It's not. You've got two stories muddled up.

Back in 2006, Audrey Tautou was cast as Coco Chanel in the french film Coco avant Chanel, on which shooting is planned for later this year.

In mid 2007, Keira became the new face of Coco Mademoiselle, a fragrance intended for the younger Chanel market. A short advertising film was made, in which she was playing the part of Coco Chanel.

Old 14-05-2008, 12:20 AM   #3
keiraRules

Smile

yea there posters of the movie with Audrey Tautou i think she'll be better as shes french an it might be spoken in french etc...
but people say shes going to be the face of chanel No5 perfume Sorry but i don't think she should yes she'll be great in the movie but only big stars only really should be the face of a big famous perfume like Chanel No5 marliyn monroe was once the face and i don't think she'll be right for it maybe for the 'Coco Chanel' perfume (not Coco Mademoiselle thats the one keira does) but that other one. Chanel No5 should only be faced buy big famous hollywood icons (like Nicole was at the time she was asked) not up and coming actresses, keira would be better but shes already the face of Coco Mademoiselle so that might be why she isn't.
keiraRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2008, 09:04 PM   #4
kk1988
Newcomer

this spot is just phenomenal, i really adore it. its amazing!
kk1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2008, 05:33 PM   #5
keiraRules

Smile

okay paper make up sh*t and i hope this isn't true but read this
http://www.pr-inside.com/watson-to-r...el-r643940.htm

well firstly ii can say keira is the face of 'Coco Mademoiselle' not 'coco chanel' coco chanel is another chanel perfume and its not as nice it smells like nail vanish so they need the check there facts and also if she is replacing her emma might be good looking but is no were as famous, keira will have a long hollywood carrer and a bet sheíll win an oscar one day or atlease get nomited agian but after the harry potter flims emma will be no one i donít see her acting agian in other movies as she isnít that great of an actress you can really tell that in the harry potter films

looking good isnít anough to be the face of a chanel perfume you need more its like Audrey Tautou beening the face of chanel No5 shes sh*t really pretty but not good enough to model it as she isn't really famous enough for a legendy perfume like that its just cause she's staring in the new chanel film.
I didnít think nicole was that good but she was wayyyyyyyyyyy better chanel needs to wake up if they want people to pay for there things it might start to go down hill now with all the sh*tty ads, and also keira hasnít been the face for that long its not fair they didnít show the ads untill ages she sign a THREE YEAR contract but they only advertised it for two years thats unfair and they should wait a bit i really think keira will get award nomitions for the edge of love and will get lots of credit and chanel will realised they made a misstake time then keira will be doing way better things
Old 16-06-2008, 08:02 AM   #6
Elizabethine

I have this parfum it is smell super sweet......i like it...and itīd be interesting to see her like Coco...itīs a pity:-)
Old 19-06-2008, 11:54 PM   Senior Registered Member #7
Porcelain_Doll
little-miss-smut-for-brains

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiraRules View Post
okay paper make up sh*t and i hope this isn't true but read this
http://www.pr-inside.com/watson-to-r...el-r643940.htm

well firstly ii can say keira is the face of 'Coco Mademoiselle' not 'coco chanel' coco chanel is another chanel perfume and its not as nice it smells like nail vanish so they need the check there facts and also if she is replacing her emma might be good looking but is no were as famous, keira will have a long hollywood carrer and a bet sheíll win an oscar one day or atlease get nomited agian but after the harry potter flims emma will be no one i donít see her acting agian in other movies as she isnít that great of an actress you can really tell that in the harry potter films

looking good isnít anough to be the face of a chanel perfume you need more its like Audrey Tautou beening the face of chanel No5 shes sh*t really pretty but not good enough to model it as she isn't really famous enough for a legendy perfume like that its just cause she's staring in the new chanel film.
I didnít think nicole was that good but she was wayyyyyyyyyyy better chanel needs to wake up if they want people to pay for there things it might start to go down hill now with all the sh*tty ads, and also keira hasnít been the face for that long its not fair they didnít show the ads untill ages she sign a THREE YEAR contract but they only advertised it for two years thats unfair and they should wait a bit i really think keira will get award nomitions for the edge of love and will get lots of credit and chanel will realised they made a misstake time then keira will be doing way better things
Ok, first of all, you can't call Audrey Tautou an "up and coming" actress. She's been around for a fair bit of time, and is well known. Just because she doesn't live in L.A and has mainly worked on films with european origin doesn't make her lesser of an artist, or less appropriate to appear as the face of a perfume. She has more talent than half of Hollywood's bleached blondes who make the headlines for every crappy relationship or crappy movie of theirs.

Secondly, Chanel can do whatever the hell it wants. It's Chanel.
It won't go bankrupt just because they don't choose whom you think should be the right face of their perfume.

And thirdly, punctuation never killed anyone, as far as I know. Don't be afraid of the little dots, they're there to help.
"There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." Elizabeth Bennet

musings and ramblings, aka:
my blog

Porcelain_Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2008, 12:48 AM   Senior Registered Member #8
michael22
eternally screwed

WOOOT! Though PD, to be honest I prefer Marion Cottilard to Audrey Tattou.
Old 14-08-2008, 01:19 PM   #9
Ameriel
Newcomer

I'm just curios if the rumours about Emma Watson (!) replacing Keira are true. Gosh, Emma Watson??
No comments!
Old 07-09-2008, 03:56 PM   #10
keiraRules

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael22 View Post
WOOOT! Though PD, to be honest I prefer Marion Cottilard to Audrey Tattou.
OMGG i have such little girly cush on marion cotillard (i am straight still) shes so pretty i love her hope she has a long carrer and does english movies to (like Penelope Cruz does with spainish and english films) emma waston for chanel i see why she looks great in there clothes (she alway where them) but i don't know about the face maybe someone better hopefully its not true though
i still belivie what i said audrey for the face of chanel No5 is not the best choice yes she nice and pretty but lets face it shes only been the face to help promote the film if she wasn't in it we know they wouldn't have chossen her. Chanel is a french designer and if there wasn't doing a biopic they would have chossen some other french person whos world wide famous to help it sell EVERYWHERE but coz of the movie there are using this to promote to movie instead, which is fine its buisness but don't sit there and tell me they would have chossen her other wise cause you know thats not true.
i bet you 100%, in the advert she'll be playing Coco Chanel and it'll be something about coco rather than something esle and its going to be coming out in 2009 around about the same time the film does to. she is pretty but you know they didn't choose her coz of that come on you wasn't born yesterday don't get upset about the truth.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:55 PM   #11
Joly

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiraRules View Post
OMGG i have such little girly cush on marion cotillard (i am straight still) shes so pretty i love her hope she has a long carrer and does english movies to (like Penelope Cruz does with spainish and english films) emma waston for chanel i see why she looks great in there clothes (she alway where them) but i don't know about the face maybe someone better hopefully its not true though
i still belivie what i said audrey for the face of chanel No5 is not the best choice yes she nice and pretty but lets face it shes only been the face to help promote the film if she wasn't in it we know they wouldn't have chossen her. Chanel is a french designer and if there wasn't doing a biopic they would have chossen some other french person whos world wide famous to help it sell EVERYWHERE but coz of the movie there are using this to promote to movie instead, which is fine its buisness but don't sit there and tell me they would have chossen her other wise cause you know thats not true.
i bet you 100%, in the advert she'll be playing Coco Chanel and it'll be something about coco rather than something esle and its going to be coming out in 2009 around about the same time the film does to. she is pretty but you know they didn't choose her coz of that come on you wasn't born yesterday don't get upset about the truth.
There's this thing called a full stop. It helps people read.
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 03:19 AM   #12
artsydoll
Newcomer

If she did I would be sooo excited for the movie but sadly its officially Audrey Tatou which is still good. The showtime coco chanel was pretty good so the one on the bigscreen will be awesome
artsydoll is offline   Reply With Quote