Keira is homogeneous - Page 3 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira's Movies & Projects

Keira's Movies & Projects The place to discuss Keira's movies, projects and anything else you hear with your ear to the ground...

Closed Thread

Old 25-04-2008, 01:47 PM   #41
andrey92

so, i think that with time keira will become real icon. everything comes with time. there are many of excellent actors who have amazing respect, and they are not young actors - hopkins, de niro( he is one of the best ) and others grands. i cant imagine any young actor or actress which have that respect. why? because respect comes with ages. peoples starts rates your work. even my father respect those actors ( and he dont know anithing about cinema, he is just a normal watcher, so, always when he saw those guys, he starts looking film with big interest, thats calls respect). so, keira is young, and her work rates young peoples and cinema experts, but any peoples, like my father, dont know about her. but i am absolutely clear that if keira do all like now, sometimes my father starts looking film with bigger interest when he hear her name.
Old 26-04-2008, 08:38 PM   #42
keira_lover36
Newcomer

i totally agree with you 100% andrey. respect is based on age and what you've acomplished with your time and place in the world. Keira has so much potential right now and i cant wait to see the day when she becomes one of the most respected actresses in our time.
Old 26-04-2008, 09:01 PM   #43
Joly

You mentioned De Niro, Andrey.

He plays a gangster in a number of films. (Heat, The Untouchables, Goodfellas and even Godfather II)
Would you call him homogeneous?
Old 27-04-2008, 03:26 PM   #44
andrey92

maybe he is homogeneous but he is already actor with big respect, or not?
Old 28-04-2008, 04:11 PM   #45
Surprize

I'm impressed that this thread is alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad View Post
Star Wars - Episode I
Science Fiction... decoy for an aristocrat in a galaxy far, far away.

Princess of Thieves
Medieval Period Piece... she played Robin Hood's daughter. Admittedly, this is somewhat similar to the role she played in King Arthur, but much less intense.

Dr. Zhivago
Early 20th Century Period Piece... she played Lara Antipov. No swordfights... just a heartbreaking reprisal of the role made famous by Julie Christie.

Pure
Modern... she played a heroin addicted waitress (prostitute).

The Hole
Modern... she played a snotty rich girl with an eating disorder.

Bend it Like Beckham
Modern... she played a football obsessed teenage tomboy. You might even call it a romantic comedy. It was funny and had romance.

Love Actually
Modern... Juliet in an ensemble romantic comedy.

Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy
18th Century Fantasy/Period Piece... Elizabeth Swann x 3. Swashbuckling and devious 18th century female.

King Arthur
Medieval Period piece... Guinevere. The most unique portrayal of this character to date.

Pride & Prejudice
18th Century Period Piece... played Elizabeth Bennet. 18th century female, minus the swashbuckling and devious nature. Unerringly forthright.

Domino
Modern... Domino Harvey. Badass 21st century female bounty hunter.

The Jacket
Modern... Alcoholic waitress... but American.

Silk
19th Century Period Piece... jilted French wife.

Atonement
Mid 20th Century Period Piece... Cecilia Tallis... star-crossed lover in the leadup to WWII.

The Duchess
18th Century Period Piece... she plays an aristocrat with decadent tastes... both material and sexual.

The Edge of Love
Mid 20th Century Period Piece... she plays a hedonistic woman in a love triangle with a famed poet.

That looks like a pretty broad cross-section to me.

Her medieval characters were about as different as night and day. One was the innocent, yet fiesty daughter of the legendary Robin Hood. The other was a savage warrior in the middle of a love triangle.

Likewise, her 18th Century and WWII era characters run the gamut. Each one, even though they are from the same time period, is unique in its back story and motivation.

As I mentioned previously, her ability allows her to play roles with greater depth to them. These roles tend to be on the more serious side. I'd rather her be typecast in these kind of roles than to be typecast like a Lindsay Lohan or Ashley Judd.

The latter is an example of someone who has played the same role over and over. She always seems to play a damsel in distress in bad thrillers.
great post, Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey92 View Post
of course, absolutely change mimic is not real, but some actors have some roles, which comes with him and asociates with that person in every film. maybe you are watching very grandiosly russian tv serial about knaz time "poor nastya"? so, that nastya, whose are firt actress in this film plays very excellent, but vhen i saw her in some other films, she do everything like in that serial, and all the time i can imagine just nastya, not her new role. So, i think keira havent so big problems, but sometimes i have some asociations with other roles, and thats bad for actors level.
How can you compare Korikovy with Keira. Korikova is a very beautiful woman but is she an actress??? ...No!!!
Old 28-04-2008, 04:12 PM   #46
andrey92

i take her like a bad example, just for better imagination not like compare, and she is actress, maybe not a superstar, but there is a question - what are your parameter for say that? She is good, i am sawing worstest ones. but fact that she are acting in this epic tv serial is great because in russia are many tallanted actors too, and i think that she wons many of ladies in casting, so, she is star and good in russia. and as you know, those actors which are acting in western world, always becomes musc popularest and with this many o fpeoples thinks most tallented too, but sometimes thats false imagination.for example we an take JL or other actresses from this - stupid romantic series. i think than kornikova is better than jl.
Old 29-04-2008, 01:22 PM   #47
Surprize

I don't say that Korikova is bad. I enjoyed watching "Poor Nastya", but to my mind Korikova isn't a real actress because she doesn't deserve an Oscar or BAFTA, for example. Her lot is acting in not serious films, as well as Zavorotnyuk, Nelly Uvarova etc.
Old 29-04-2008, 01:30 PM   #48
andrey92

as you know, there in our planet are two camps - east and west. you, me, russians and others are in east. britans, yankes and others are in west. so, russians have their cinema awards, western nations - their. So, westerns make bigger advert to everithyng, and thats why many of peoples in world thimks than oscar laureats are da best, but others arent. i think in russian cinema awards are many of excellent actors too. so, i think if kornikova was born in england, she can take award in oscar or bafta about better serial or something else, because poor nastya was best serial i ever seen. maybe someones thinks that rasism is over, but thats false, because in nowadays too, nation and skin purpose your destiny. she was born in wrong country, i can said that.
Old 29-04-2008, 01:42 PM   #49
Surprize

Of course, it is your opinion, but I have mine. When I watch Korikova's (or other actress/actor, similar to her) acting, it doesn't impress. But when I see acting of Keira Knighley, Judy Dench, Johnny Depp, Meryl Streep, Emily Blunt, Ian McKellen, maybe evem James McAvoy, Cate Blanchett, Jeffry Rush, Vivien Leigh - I am impressed so much, I just don't have enough knowlege of English vocabulary to say what I feel watching their work! They are marvellous! And I like movies, I like to watch deep movies with talented people.
Old 29-04-2008, 02:36 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #50
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprize View Post
Of course, it is your opinion, but I have mine. When I watch Korikova's (or other actress/actor, similar to her) acting, it doesn't impress. But when I see acting of Keira Knighley, Judy Dench, Johnny Depp, Meryl Streep, Emily Blunt, Ian McKellen, maybe evem James McAvoy, Cate Blanchett, Jeffry Rush, Vivien Leigh - I am impressed so much, I just don't have enough knowlege of English vocabulary to say what I feel watching their work! They are marvellous! And I like movies, I like to watch deep movies with talented people.
It's their subtlety.
You want homogeneous? Have a look at Sean Penn's body of work. I can't for the life of me understand how he gets praised for his acting. His acting transmission has only one gear... intense. In the only role where he wasn't intense (I Am Sam) he offered up what can only be described as a caricature.
Old 29-04-2008, 02:43 PM   #51
andrey92

i know, kornikova is not good example to russian gold cinema. i dont know who, because i havent big interest about russian cinema, are good actors. but if i start finding, i think i found thems. and about films interesting i think all fault is in money and advert. maybe you are watching film "9 рота" whose i think was as good as bestest holywood war trillers. maybe not so much computer work, but there was real actors work. i liked that film. and the second problem, anyone in western dont interesting what happens in afghanistan, but as, mans who enjoyed it on themselves, my father was in army in that time, lucky he, he stay in home, this film was wery sad and interseting. holiwood makes films whoses interests for bigger auditorium, but is theyr real value is high? maybe yes, but maybe its already just advert.
Old 29-04-2008, 02:47 PM   #52
Surprize

No, I didn't watch "The Ninth Company".
Old 29-04-2008, 02:55 PM   #53
andrey92

than i reccomend. wery sad but truth film about ussr stupid politic and real value of person from wieving of ussr governement and as much as i know, there was good actor roleplay.
Old 18-05-2008, 12:29 PM   #54
andrey92

Now when the edge of love is very near to its premiere, I can said again, that keira is homogeneous, maybe her films not herself, but thats dont change fact at all. i am not first one which see in newest film many of similar details from atonement. the same war, the same"come back", typewriter, the same look back before sitting in cops car,the same story in long ways. and if you think that my opinion is just mine, small mans opinion, than there i can show special for you cognition from "SHE MAGAZINE":This years "atonement" only better". so, better or worst, but it is similar, and keira is in too, so, i can said again, she is similar
Old 19-05-2008, 11:49 AM   #55
Surprize

I don't want to insult you but your posts are homogeneous, monotonous, similar, same and so on.
Old 19-05-2008, 12:44 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #56
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
I don't want to insult you but your posts are homogeneous, monotonous, similar, same and so on.

Hammer meet nail.
Old 19-05-2008, 04:40 PM   #57
andrey92

So, all I can add is - similarity is part of our personality, and all we do, have some similar features, because every man is unicality, and unicality cant change his unicality, because unicality is for all life, and in every thing you do, you can see some of you, thats calls your signature. And if you are homogeneous, sometimes it helps - painters( theyr style ), but sometimes it dont help. So, about keiras similarity i can said that she have small similarity like we all, but in this case i am talking about her films, genres and events, not about her roleplay( her roleplay is her signature, and as we know, it brings her world popularity), so, you can agree or disagree, it is only discussion, not a war or something else.
Old 20-05-2008, 10:33 AM   #58
Surprize

Ice, Fo, somebody... Isn't it time to close this thread?
Old 28-07-2008, 01:53 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #59
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by impairedgirl View Post
Is this true??...The Edge of Love is probably NEVER going to be in Theaters STATESIDE...and now I really want to see it--if it's true I'll cash in my CD and go to London just to see that damn movie--because what you just described is evil incarnate and something that I've done...
Nah... save your money. That was based on the early tittering from the media. Turns out it's just her and Miller in the same bed drinking tea or some such nonsense. The only crumpets that get eaten come out of the oven.
Old 28-07-2008, 03:55 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #60
Mandy
Honourary Brit

But....you get to see her sing!

I sort of feel the same way right now about Keira. Tired of seeing her play the old-timey roles. Whatever blows up her skirt, though.

Quote:
Ice, Fo, somebody... Isn't it time to close this thread?
Erm...why? It's been going rather well, methinks.
Closed Thread