Keira wears fur..? - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira Knightley Discussion

Keira Knightley Discussion General banter on the object of our affection.

Old 31-12-2007, 12:46 AM   #1
caniskeira
Newcomer

Keira wears fur..?

I was really upset when I found this picture:

Two actors whom I love dearly wearing fur, wah. I googled 'keira wears fur?'
I don't mean to sound like a nagging PETA activist, which I'm not, I actually dislike the organization, but I was hoping , REALLY hoping..that Keira wouldn't wear fur, because to me it is one of the most selfish things a person of influence can do. I am a huge fan of hers, but I love animals too. I'm kind of conflicted about how to feel about her now, and I know maybe it shouldn't really matter that much, but it does. I know a lot of people think 'Well, she can do whatever she wants, it's her life', but that's rather trite

any thoughts? :/
caniskeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 01:11 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #2
Digital_Ice

As "trite" as you may think that statement is, it's still correct. She is perfectly entitled to wear fur, regradless of who disagrees with it. It's not like its illegal.

Secondly, ever thought it might be fake fur?
Old 31-12-2007, 01:14 AM   Senior Registered Member #3
michael22
eternally screwed

I will not discuss my feelings towards the matter of fur. You are bing quite hippocritical though. Oooh There is fur that's bad and cruel, animals are not clothing. yet you skip over the fact that Adrian's jacket is leather. That is like saying oooooooh it has fur so it is cute, while ramming a knife in the back of a cow's skull and ripping it's skin off.
-damn ice beating me to the punch
Old 31-12-2007, 01:22 AM   #4
caniskeira
Newcomer

I didn't mention Brodie's leather jacket because I was more concerned with Keria-being that it is a discussion board about her, if this were an Adrian fansite and my affection towards him was being questioned by his jacket then it would have been brought up but that's not the case. Keira is the topic of my post, but that doesn't mean I am totally indifferent to anyone wearing a leather jacket, don't assume that. And being that I got the photo off of this website: http://www.fur.org/poen_fash_cele.cfm I don't think it's fake fur, otherwise I wouldn't have posted this
You can call me a hypocrite if you want, but I just wanted to know how people felt about it.
Old 31-12-2007, 03:33 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #5
Digital_Ice

Just to make my point clear, I wasn't implying you were wrong, I was mearly asking a counter question.

Keira was reported to have worn karakul lambskin at the BIFA 2005, which is made from the pelt of new-born lambs that are killed days after birth or even taken from the womb.

And just so you know, from previous threads on this topic, its obvious most people on these forums are against real fur clothes.
Old 31-12-2007, 04:11 AM   #6
caniskeira
Newcomer

Yeah,I looked for a little while but couldn't find anything so I posted this. It just kind of puts a damper on the whole me being in love with her thing, is all
Old 31-12-2007, 04:30 AM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #7
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Ice View Post
Just to make my point clear, I wasn't implying you were wrong, I was mearly asking a counter question.

Keira was reported to have worn karakul lambskin at the BIFA 2005, which is made from the pelt of new-born lambs that are killed days after birth or even taken from the womb.

And just so you know, from previous threads on this topic, its obvious most people on these forums are against real fur clothes.
Lamb is tasty. Had some for dinner. Too bad I didn't get the skin to go with it. I need a new jacket. My baby seal bomber got a stain on it.
Old 31-12-2007, 04:47 AM   #8
Alexandram25
Newcomer

Keira is 22 so she can wear whatever she wants!
nobody can tell her what to do or what to wear.

by alexandram25
Old 31-12-2007, 05:23 AM   #9
caniskeira
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandram25 View Post

by alexandram25

Well, obviously. -_-
It's sort of a moral/value type thing, not a 'what you're allowed and not allowed to do' thing.
Old 31-12-2007, 03:16 PM   #10
Captain_Lydia
Newcomer

I never thought twice about that jacket before. I don't think she meant anything by it and it's not something we see her wearing all the time and at least it wasn't a stole(sp?) or a giant fur coat that she wore. Many people don't think of it as being "fur" when it's only the lining etc. I'm not saying that makes it okay as I too am against wearing fur, but I'm just trying to say that I don't think she's a fur hag.

Also at least it was events that they were worn to, she was probably just handed to her and she didn't even think about it.... damn I'm just digging a bigger grave.... but anyway, she's not always wearing it. So I can forgive her.

Ice Edit: In future, please use the Edit button instead of double posting

Last edited by Digital_Ice; 31-12-2007 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Double post
Captain_Lydia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 09:59 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #11
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad View Post
Lamb is tasty. Had some for dinner. Too bad I didn't get the skin to go with it. I need a new jacket. My baby seal bomber got a stain on it.
Brad you cretin
Old 01-01-2008, 10:07 PM   Senior Registered Member #12
Porcelain_Doll
little-miss-smut-for-brains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandram25 View Post
except the Fashion Police! ..........which actually exists. Fuck.
"There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." Elizabeth Bennet

musings and ramblings, aka:
my blog

Porcelain_Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:01 PM   #13
Katielondon
Jezebel

i wouldnt wear fur i also have very strong opinions on snakeskin too, but shes a grown woman she can wear what she likes, i havent really changed my opinion on her because she wore a fur coat.
for what i needed to need, she'll make it
love, it's who you know
Katielondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2008, 09:05 PM   #14
keiraRules

Cool

okay i'm a vegetarian so yes i won't like keira of any of my fav celebs to were fur but there is no prove that it's real if someone asked her in a interview of if anyone on here knows how to contact her agent or the people that work for her then we would find out most fake fur looks like that now which is why you shouldn't wear real fur when fake is just as good look at Stella Mcartney's clothing range, also that picture is really old so you don't know she might've realised that was real and doesn't wear fur, that is the only picture i have seen of keira wearing something with a bit of fur on it (even at this years BAFTA's she wore a big buffer coat reather than something more glam like fur) and if she did wear fur Peta would totally bein on to her buy now and i would have heard about it

on a different note for anyone that doesn't wear fur sign this please http://www.peta2.com/furisdead/index.asp
keiraRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2008, 09:41 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #15
Leonie
Elle

PETA are fucking fruitloops. I'd rather drop dead than sign any of their stuff.

There is supporting a cause, then there's crossing several lines of normal behaviour, then there's being a hypocrite, and then there's PETA.

They kill a stupid amount of all animals they 'save'. Fact. Over 97% of the animals they adopted in Virginia in 2006 were killed. They managed to give a grand total of 12 animals a new home. Real heroes, they are.

They also got Pink to proclaim that mulesing Australian sheep is animal cruelty, and that Australia as a whole should be boycotted. Actually, the maggots or whatever they are digging their way into sheep flesh if farmers don't is cruel. Still, Aussie farmers have decided to find an alternative, and they already had before PETA decided to, as Pink put it, 'misinform'. Some farmers decided to edumacate Pink, and she quickly backed down from her call to boycot all Australian wool. Oh, and also Australia as a whole. She realised that was a bit silly.

Last edited by Leonie; 22-03-2008 at 09:58 PM.
Leonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:24 PM   #16
keiraRules

Smile

clearly you have never looked into peta well there is a difference to kill animals for fashion or make-up and them putting them down to stop them Suffering, most websites use Petakills.com as there info for that stuff, peta isn't as bad as the people that hate it and if you look in to peta a lot then you couldn't say that at all,
an as for the sheep thing yes leaving maggots in there skin is cruel BUT the way they were doing it was even more cruel cutting skin off etc... sheep feel pain and they felt that two theirs undercover video's to prove it aswell maybe HOW they are doing other ways but not before

be yea i hate anyone that doesn't wear fur but wears leather lots of celebs that pose for peta wear leather that's much worse than people who actually wears fur atlease kiera isn't a hypocrite
i never have told people to stop wearing fur or stop eat meat i think 'Forsing' your belivies on people is wrong people have there own apinions which is why i still love keira she has the righ to eat/wear what ever she likes even if i don't like it doesn't make her evil just having different belivies to me or not knowning the cruelty maybe she does how bescause in resent years i haven't found any picture of her wearin fur yes she might still wear leather but then she still eats meat it's only really bad if you are vegetarian and wear leather.
god i do go on and on very sorry i do ''talk'' to much sorry for spellin mistakes
keiraRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:42 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #17
Leonie
Elle

What on earth is wrong with wearing leather? Honestly, if we as a society are going to use the meat, I say we owe it to the animal to use as much of its body as we can, so that its death wasn't futile and nothing is wasted.

As for the mulesing - cost-effectively, there was no other way to do it. Farmers out in Australia are *struggling* big time, the drought is killing (almost literally, too - farmer suicide rates are skyrocketing), but we wouldn't want to pay a bit more for our meat, no sir. Farmers have two options: mulesing or letting the sheep suffer. I'd pick mulesing.

I did research Peta a bit, actually. Everything I've said about them is true and factual, I checked myself, not through any anti-Peta website. Sure, Peta does a lot of good, but a lot of rights don't make a wrong OK. Also, if your way of saving an animal is killing it, I think you need to stop and think for a second, and come up with better alternatives. Other organisations in Virginia had no such issues, apparently. It was just Peta. That means they are being hypocrites. As per their logics about Australia, we should boycot Peta as a whole over this issue. Unlike Australia, however, Peta don't even recognise their mistakes; they're too busy galloping on a high horse to make their next poo-pie-slinging appointment. Puh-lease.

You're going to have to bring some factual information if you want to change my mind. Simply saying people who hate Peta are worse than Peta doesn't get you far in my book of rhetorics.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:42 PM   #18
Joly

OMFG!
A woman wearing clothes!?

What's the world coming to?
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote