Fanmail to Keira - Only through her agent! - Page 9 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira Knightley Discussion

Keira Knightley Discussion General banter on the object of our affection.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:43 PM   #161
Joly

Okay, I've read this whole thread and it seems a bit disappointing that there's almost a 0% chance that Keira would actually read any of these letters.
I read an interview with Josh Holloway, the actor, and he says he replies to every fanmail he gets.
Still I guess it's worth a try to get through to her.
Is there an email that you can send fanmail to? It'd be a lot less hassle than to go through the process of buying stamps etc...
And is
'Keira Knightley, c/o Lindy King,
United Agents, 130 Shaftesbury Avenue,
London, W1D 5EU, UK'
still the right address to send letters?

Thanks.
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:12 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #162
Leonie
Elle

That's the new address, and the right one.

Good luck! Let us know how you go
Old 09-03-2008, 08:20 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #163
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

Its probably a good idea to get your letters out as soon as possible, with the writers strike over she will be back on a busy schedule soon. You just may get lucky
Old 09-03-2008, 09:17 PM   #164
Joly

So I guess there's no email address I can send fan mail to?
Old 09-03-2008, 09:23 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #165
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

No one here knows it and even if they did, why would they tell you. Can you imagine how many emails she would get if that was public infomation? Its probably a good time to mail her a letter, she has responded many times in the past to quite a few members, you may get lucky.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:55 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #166
Digital_Ice

ran. play nice.

this is the first newbie to actually just straight out ask sensible on-topic questions, so don't be mean
Old 09-03-2008, 10:35 PM   #167
Joly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranman View Post
No one here knows it and even if they did, why would they tell you.
The same reason they release the address for fan mail to be sent.
I wasn't asking for her personal email address, I thought she might have a fan-mail email address as I'm sure a lot of celebrities do.

Cruicfying me on the second post I ever make, this is one of the weirdest forums I've ever visited. The moderators swear more than anyone else. Not that that's a bad thing though.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:44 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #168
Leonie
Elle

Heh, we're all a bit on edge, have been getting some weeeeird newbies lately

Welcome to the forums, though, and thanks for being normal

Ranman's right about sending a letter now - you have the biggest chance at a response (generally you get the pictures you send signed, and sometimes they'll tuck in a signed headshot too) when she's not filming. Which is now. Good luck!
Old 09-03-2008, 10:48 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #169
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joly View Post
The same reason they release the address for fan mail to be sent.
I wasn't asking for her personal email address, I thought she might have a fan-mail email address as I'm sure a lot of celebrities do.

Cruicfying me on the second post I ever make, this is one of the weirdest forums I've ever visited. The moderators swear more than anyone else. Not that that's a bad thing though.
I'm sorry i miss understood you, I never heard of her having a fan email address, even if there was one I doubt you would get a response, I was only trying to help.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:46 PM   #170
Joly

Nice to hear that this is a good time for her to reply but will she actually reply or it will it be her agent Lindy King saying: 'Thank you for your letter, Keira is delighted to have such devoted fans blahdy blahdy blah...'?
I don't particularly fancy writing to a woman I've never see or heard of. Unless there was actually a chance that Keira herself might read it.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:30 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #171
Leonie
Elle

Keira doesn't reply in writing.

She does handsign any pictures you may send along if she has time, though. There's generally no note or anything, they will just be sent back to you.

Whether she reads fanmail is anyone's guess. It might be that someone at her agency picks out a few for her to read every now and then, but there's no way of knowing. I'm pretty sure she'd run out of time to act if she were to read all the fanmail
Old 15-03-2008, 10:22 AM   #172
DutchKeiraFan
Newcomer

Okay so her agent can pick out a few but i assume that the agent dont signs it... Does the agent add a already signed photo from Keira or someting ? Because im gonna send a letter soon
DutchKeiraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2008, 05:52 PM   #173
paul.woodhurst
Newcomer

Talking maybe i should just purpose and get the pain over with!

Going to write her in the next few days... state side mail takes for ever.. I'm going to go crazy!!!
Old 16-03-2008, 12:32 AM   #174
TBF123

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonie View Post
Why should she take time out of her life to answer every fan letter she receives? What would she need to share with you? If you write to her, you write to her because you have something to tell her and that's good enough. A reply in any form is a bonus. If you're only writing to get a reply, and sooking because you realise you probably won't get one, that's pretty selfish, isn't it? Who are you that Keira should think you so important she needs to send you a reply? You know more about her than she'll ever know about you, and that's probably a good thing. She's got nothing to say to you. Deal with it.
I think its obvious why she should take time out of her life to respond , if she didnt she wouldnt be wear she was now , i agree its natural ability thats makes her such a good actress but without the support of the human race nobody if nothing me point proved with micheal jackson , people use to love him and he was very popluar and when the public dosent like him look what happens, hes in debt and has to sell his house , so i think i justified myself.
Old 16-03-2008, 10:09 AM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #175
Leonie
Elle

If she took time out to respond, she wouldn't have any time left to act. I, for one, would prefer it if she could keep acting. I don't think fans got her where she wants to be. Bankability gets her movies like Pirates, whereas talent gets her Atonement and Pride & Prejudice.

She owes us nothing. We buy tickets to her movies because we choose to. She's probably struggling to balance her acting life with her private life, the last thing I wish for her to have is less of a life because she's busy writing letters to people she knows nothing about.
Old 16-03-2008, 02:18 PM   #176
DutchKeiraFan
Newcomer

Come on people, dont talk like that.. There is some truth in it..she cannot respond to everyone, ofcourse. But she can make us happy by answering as many as she can and wants..and she knows she makes us happy with it. Receiving something from that big star, that untouchabel person..u always see in movies.. isnt that beautiful but yes it's up to her and she only has to do it when she wants and when she gots the time for it.
DutchKeiraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2008, 03:29 PM   #177
Joly

Quote:
She's probably struggling to balance her acting life with her private life
I thought she wasn't filming at the moment.

Quote:
writing letters to people she knows nothing about.
Then tell her something about yourself.

If I was as famous/successful as Keira, I'd probably try to reply to as many as I could.
Old 16-03-2008, 03:34 PM   #178
Surprize

Quote:
If I was as famous/successful as Keira, I'd probably try to reply to as many as I could.
Really? Then you couldn't eat, sleep, act, communicate with people you know etc. It's silly.
Surprize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2008, 04:15 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #179
Leonie
Elle

Quote:
I thought she wasn't filming at the moment.

Then tell her something about yourself.

I don't think she is filming at the moment, but she's probably using that time off to catch up with people she hasn't seen for months. It's a busy life, movies and promotions are all-consuming, and they don't leave a lot of room for anything else. When you get home from work or school, do you immediately dive into another job? Do you work every waking hour? Because that's what it would be like, if Keira tried to reply to all fanmail.

She signs magazine clippings that are sent to her, and sometimes there's a signed agency head shot included as well. I think that's pretty good effort from someone who takes on as many roles as she does. She can't possibly have enough time to send everyone a personalised letter. That's just how it is. There'd be no end to the job. She'd no longer be an actor, she'd be a fanmail reply-er.

Even if you did tell her something about yourself, like your hobbies and your age and where you live, what on earth would Keira have to say about that? How would you reply to a letter of random facts about someone you don't know?

She signs autographs, as many as possible, probably. I think that's pretty cool already. Let's not expect too much, shall we?
Old 16-03-2008, 04:52 PM   #180
Joly

You seem to know a lot about Keira and how she spends her time, is there something you're not telling us?

And I don't remember suggesting that Keira should reply to every fanmail she gets, that would be mental. Half of them would be from hormonal teenage boys telling her how much they want a shag.

Obviously the mail doesn't go straight to Keira, so maybe the people who read it first chuck away the crap ones and maybe pass some of the more meaningful ones to Keira.
It's called hope not expectation. I'm not for one second suggesting that it's her responsibilty, I'm just trying to build up a realistic argument for why she would reply to some of them.
Otherwise what's the point in writing her unless you want an autograph (which might not even be hers)
How about being a bit optimistic?