Premiership Up-to-Date - Page 3 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 31-12-2007, 04:25 AM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #41
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by runangl View Post
look at the rankings.

Where is west ham, exactly? Oh about... 16 points behind Man U.

Mid table and a cup run sweetheart, that's all I ask.

And let's see how smug you are when the Glazers have over leveraged Man U into a black hole of debt and you have a Leeds United fire sale.
Old 31-12-2007, 06:49 AM   #42
runangl
Run Angle.

Arrrgghhh.

Well lets just put it this way:

Win or lose, my dad's always been a United fan, I've always been a united fan, and always will be.
Old 31-12-2007, 01:03 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #43
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Under-fire Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce on Monday blasted controversial midfielder Joey Barton for letting him down.
Big Sam didn't see this coming?
He's Joey Fucking Barton, for Christ's sake. The guy's a thug, pure and simple.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:51 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #44
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Dun...dun...dun...another one bites the dust.

Allardyce out at Newcastle.
That's eight out of twenty managers so far this season.
Old 31-01-2008, 01:04 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #45
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

West Ham -1
Liverpool - 0

Oh, and now this?
Can they really fence that much stolen stereo equipment necessary to raise that kind of cash?
Old 05-05-2008, 01:36 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #46
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

It's official... Derby County is the worst team in Premiership history. Even if they beat Reading this weekend, they'll be a point shy of Sunderland's record for futility.
Speaking of Sunderland, I was right about them and wrong about Birmingham. Looks like they're headed back down. And, sadly, looking at the final slate of fixtures, I think they may be joined by Fulham. Birmingham plays Blackburn at home and Fulham play Portsmouth away. Blackburn and Portsmouth are in a fight for the last UEFA Cup spot, so neither will be taking their foot off the floor. Reading, on the other hand, plays Derby County. They may put up a fight, but they're really aren't very good. Regardless, a minimum of two, and a possible three teams with significant numbers (i.e.: more than one) of American players, are going down.
I was right about Sanchez getting the sack, but wrong about Benitez (so far) and the Champions League places.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:11 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #47
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Fulham pulled a West Ham with an unlikely win away from home on the last day of the season to doom Reading.
Wow.
Old 17-03-2010, 01:41 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #48
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Ok, this thread needs a fucking bump.

Cara: You're a United fan? Oh please say it ain't so. I thought you had taste

Looks like it's going to be an interesting little title race this season. United and Chelsea going at it like a couple of heavyweight prizefighters and Arsenal just waiting for the two of them to pound each other into the ground and leave the title wide open for a return to Wenger's grasp.

How weird would it be for the return of Sol, one of the members of that great Invincibles side, to spur (pun intended) Arsenal to another title?

Speaking of Spurs, there's some weird shit going on between me and a friend of mine who's a Spurs fan. He wants us to win the title and I want them to finish fourth. It's like something out of the twilight zone. Of course we both have the same reason; if United win the title and City finish fourth we Londoners will have to keep hearing about how great Manchester is.

Whereas if Arsenal win the title, Chelsea finish second (and win the Champions League) and Spurs fourth, that proves that London, as those of us who live here know full well, shits all over Manchester.

EDIT: Obviously I wrote that before I'd seen the highlights of Chelsea's defeat to Inter. Oops.

Last edited by Hazzle; 29-03-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2010, 05:10 PM   Senior Registered Member #49
PhoeniX

Yeah Chelsea should do it. 7-1 without Drogba. Looking forward to MOTD tonight. On another note... We (Norwich) are going up!
PhoeniX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2010, 12:37 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #50
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Nah, I reckon United look most likely to win the title now. It's amazing what a difference a couple of weeks make, but with Chelsea crashing out of Europe in the way they did, and dropping points against Blackburn, and Arsenal dropping points at Birmingham, United should have a clear run to win a fourth consecutive Premiership title.

They also have a fairly clear route to the Champions League final. They should be too strong for Bayern, although I wouldn't be surprised to see Lyon cause a problem or two. By that point, though, I'd expect them to have the title all but sewn up. Old Trafford this Saturday will be the key; if Chelsea don't win, that's probably it for them, a draw would suit us (Arsenal) down to the ground.

United's 4-0 at Bolton without Rooney was more impressive than Chelsea's 7-1 at home without Drogba. Villa were clearly distracted by the upcoming FA Cup semi-final against Chelsea and I'd expect them to be more up for that match.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:21 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #51
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

In light of Man United's unique ability to throw away a three goal lead at home, this thread needed a bump.

Having said all that, it's amazing how spectacularly wrong I was in my last post.

United went out to Bayern (hilariously) and lost to Chelsea at Old Trafford. It's all up in the air now. How will Arsenal react to the Messi show? Is it a good thing or a bad thing for the next league game to be the big north London derby? Spurs are a vastly better side under Redknapp.

Meanwhile, how will United deal with the week from hell? Especially without the services of Wayne Rooney, for however long he's out for. We know he's missing the Blackburn game but there's a hint he could miss the Manchester derby. This season that'll be a tougher game than usual.

Chelsea, on the other hand, have no such issues. But a lot could yet hinge on their FA Cup semi. Do they rest players or go for it with a full strength side? Could they suffer some shock injuries?
Old 13-04-2010, 04:40 AM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #52
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

West Ham is, once again, rooted to the bottom of the table. Goal differential may be all that keeps the Hammers up.
Old 13-04-2010, 09:14 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #53
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

And yet you're still not the worst side in London. Spurs managed to go out of the Cup to a team already relegated. Hilarious. Here's hoping the injuries and suspensions they picked up (from what I've read, Palacios and Kranjcar will both miss the game) cost them the North London derby too. Arsenal need all the help we can get with the injuries we have.

If Spurs lose to Arsenal but City lose to United, Spurs will still have fourth spot to aim for. Which will be crucial for Arsenal's hopes as Spurs play both Chelsea and United after that. Unlikely, though, in view of City's current run of form and goalscoring ability. They look awesome.
Old 17-04-2010, 12:02 AM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #54
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Rose proved to be a thorn in your side... ouch. That actually made it on ESPN talk shows over here.
Old 22-04-2010, 10:09 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #55
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Heh. I've heard them all. My mate came up with the best one "You fancy going out this weekend? I'm thinking we can go to Tottenham, listen to Kiss From A Rose on the radio and if it all gets too much we can Bale".
Old 25-04-2010, 02:48 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #56
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Have Spurs screwed up their chances for fourth? Will City's negative approach at Arsenal pay dividends? Are United hitting form at the right time, and are the Blues dipping at the worst? Could the fourth consecutive title still happen?
Old 25-04-2010, 07:54 PM   Senior Registered Member #57
michael22
eternally screwed

Wow The Hammers finally won a game. Then again it was wigan so I would be more depressed if they lost. wink wink, nudge nudge.
Old 25-04-2010, 08:15 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #58
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Wigan are inconsistent. They've beaten the likes of Chelsea and Liverpool as well as Arsenal this season. But they also got spanked by Spurs and Man United. That being said, I'm glad West Ham are looking safe. They're a good club.
Old 27-04-2010, 11:32 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #59
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Mathematically, Hull is still alive, but their goal differential versus West Ham's is -22 (if memory serves), so I think the Hammers are safe. West Ham hasn't been that bad this year, they've just lost so many close games. When you look at their goal differential versus the bottom half of the table, you wonder how the hell they managed to lose that many games.
Old 28-04-2010, 02:06 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #60
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

It's -23. Unless Hull win their remaining games 12-0 they've not got a prayer.

West Ham have been really unlucky. Parker's been a giant, and could be an outside bet for the England World Cup squad, especially if there were to be some injuries to key midfielders. I mean, people are talking about taking Owen Hargreaves...fuck me, Parker's got to be ahead of him.

As for West Ham, Zola'll probably walk away. Don't think he'll wait to be fired, since he's not in it for the money. He'll see West Ham mathematically safe and that'll probably be it. Another draw and West Ham are safe no matter what.

Good news is, as bad as the new owners have behaved with Zola, they're both good at running football clubs, so you won't go the same way you did with the Icelanders who didn't have a clue. Long-term West Ham should be better off.