Two "How old were you.." question - Page 6 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > Keira Girls > Relationships & Sexuality

Relationships & Sexuality Advice? I-Told-You-So's? Confusion? Rabid Parents? Stick it in here and smoke it. Boys welcome too!

Old 02-01-2007, 03:11 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #101
Foeni

It seems a lot of Danes has registered recently. Pretty much 50% of the total number. Baz will be thrilled.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:39 AM   #102
cdnhockeychick17
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
First Kiss: 13

First Sex: 17
i was the same...except first kiss i think i was 12 almost 13 or sumthin like that...too long and too many ago lol...early teens it seems for first kiss and late teens...between 16 and 19 for losing their virginity...it seems nowadays it is getting a lot younger
cdnhockeychick17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 04:39 AM   #103
KiyToMyHeart

First Kiss: 13....
First Sex: I agree wait for the right one...I've never really been in love yet...and...when I'm ready to give it up to someone it'll be the greatest gift I could ever give
Old 09-11-2007, 08:14 PM   Senior Registered Member #104
JenR
on loan from np.com

I was stupid.
JenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:40 PM   #105
Alexandram25
Newcomer

Unhappy Ali the angel

First kiss:10
First sex:N/A
Old 09-11-2007, 11:43 PM   Senior Registered Member #106
Porcelain_Doll
little-miss-smut-for-brains

you're ten, for God's sake. Give it some time!
"There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." Elizabeth Bennet

musings and ramblings, aka:
my blog

Porcelain_Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:04 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #107
Digital_Ice

lmao! oh dear god, what has society become when a ten year old puts "" for not being shagged yet.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:30 AM   Senior Registered Member #108
JenR
on loan from np.com

some 8 year old girls have been put on birth control, ive heard on the TV.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:05 AM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #109
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

Never heard of 8 yo's, but when I was working I ran across a few 10 yo's who were having their periods and sexually active.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:43 AM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #110
Leonie
Elle

That is wrong on SO many levels. What do these kids' parents do? How can they let that happen?

Ten is... not right.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:05 PM   Senior Registered Member #111
Pygmalion
Pissed

Having sex at ten IS wrong, a few weeks ago an Australian paper pretty much "outed" a 12 year old girl who had to go have an abortion. They revealed her name, her home town, and the boarding school she was to be attending in a few weeks.
Pygmalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 03:12 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #112
Leonie
Elle

Having sex at 12 is still wrong. That said, crucifying a child like that is even more awful - how's she supposed to have a life after this? Blame the parents, but not the 12-year-old, she really is just a child.

That said, you can't even really blame the parents for not educating their child better as far as contraception goes - they probably had no idea she was into that kind of stuff already. That said, it's still the parents' responsibility to keep an eye on what Kid is up to.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:34 AM   Senior Registered Member #113
JenR
on loan from np.com

it was on Maury or Dr. Phil where a girl had been on birth control since she was 9 years old... or it was Oprah, i'm not sure.

It was one of the 3 hosts.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:23 AM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #114
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcelain_Doll View Post
you're ten, for God's sake. Give it some time!
QFMFT.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:08 AM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #115
Leonie
Elle

It's baffling. One the one hand, perhaps, given these stories, it's the best thing you can do, contraception from the age of menstruation onwards. If they're going to have sex without parents' knowledge, at least they're not procreating at the same time. There is stil something so very, very disturbing about young kids going around having sex, though. Whatever happened to playing doctor?

If you think you're too young to raise any kid that comes out of the equation (you don't have to want or think you'll be good at it, but you need to be able to do it in case of emergency), you're probably not quite mature enough to go having sex either. And a ten-year-old, or a 12-year-old for that matter, has no hope in hell of being a parent. How about you focus on moving on to high school first...
Old 11-11-2007, 04:45 PM   Senior Registered Member #116
Porcelain_Doll
little-miss-smut-for-brains

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad View Post
QFMFT.
huh?

I agree with Elle, though there's one thing you guys forgot...getting your period at eight or ten isn't that odd, and as most girls probably (and unfortunately) know, many (if not all, but there are some lucky few); suffer quite a bit. PMS, cramps, zits, you name it. Contraception has proved quite useful in softening those symptoms and more, so it's not that rare that gynecologists prescribe them, even if you're not actually having sex. I can understand why a ten year old could be taking the Pill, even if it is somewhat dangerous getting the drug on top of all the huge hormonal changes; but that's another issue. However I can't understand why or how ten year olds could actually be sleeping with each other or older people; let alone wishing it, or even thinking about it! I'm no prude, but come on... I mean, what happened to maturity and all that jazz?

Anyway, my point is that taking the Pill at a young age doesn't instantly mean the person is having sex, but airing it out on the TV? that's so wrong.
"There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." Elizabeth Bennet

musings and ramblings, aka:
my blog

Porcelain_Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:07 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #117
Digital_Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad View Post
QFMFT.
heh, it's been a while since i last saw that expression on a forum.

Quote:
huh?
"Quoted for mother-fucking truth"

Last edited by Digital_Ice; 11-11-2007 at 05:08 PM. Reason: apparently it's been a while since I could spell on a forum too
Digital_Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:21 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #118
Leonie
Elle

Quote:
huh?

I agree with Elle, though there's one thing you guys forgot...getting your period at eight or ten isn't that odd, and as most girls probably (and unfortunately) know, many (if not all, but there are some lucky few); suffer quite a bit. PMS, cramps, zits, you name it. Contraception has proved quite useful in softening those symptoms and more, so it's not that rare that gynecologists prescribe them, even if you're not actually having sex. I can understand why a ten year old could be taking the Pill, even if it is somewhat dangerous getting the drug on top of all the huge hormonal changes; but that's another issue. However I can't understand why or how ten year olds could actually be sleeping with each other or older people; let alone wishing it, or even thinking about it! I'm no prude, but come on... I mean, what happened to maturity and all that jazz?

Anyway, my point is that taking the Pill at a young age doesn't instantly mean the person is having sex, but airing it out on the TV? that's so wrong.
It's true that girls can start having their periods from when they're about 8 or 9 years old, but that's very young and not by any means the average age. That said, I know plenty of girls who can't get out of bed for a week every month unless they drug themselves beyond belief, and I'm happy that the pill is available to make it slightly more bearable for them. I suppose that if you happen to be unlucky twice (start young and have a hell of a lot of pain each month), it's even more fortunate that the pill exists.

Putting a kid through hell by outing her like that is beyond cruel. Besides, I doubt any doctor worth his diploma would prescribe contraception to a kid that age for actual contraceptive reasons. I just realised I have no idea what guidelines are like in those cases though - to what age would you need parental consent to obtain a prescription for contraceptives? I suppose you would need your parents to come along to any old doctor's appointment when you're 9, but still...

I couldn't agree more with the "do they have to use it as contraception?!" too. Thinking of ten-year-olds getting it on weirds me out almost as much as thinking of grandparents having a go.
Old 13-11-2007, 10:19 PM   #119
DizzyMissLizzie

First kiss...13 I think...

First Sex 18
DizzyMissLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2007, 06:43 PM   #120
butterfly*wench
Newcomer

god, I'm a freak...
still a virgin cuz I'm only fourteen, and as yet never kissed anybody. The dudes I know are all wankers anyway.
butterfly*wench is offline   Reply With Quote