Keira smokes!! OMG! - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira Knightley Discussion

Keira Knightley Discussion General banter on the object of our affection.

View Poll Results: Do you think Keira Knightley smokes?
Yes! 3 75.00%
No! 1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 03:41 AM   #1
Alexandram25
Newcomer

Unhappy Keira smokes!! OMG!

My friends don't like Keira!!! OMG!!
They say she is anorexic and smokes!!!
I read on the web that Keira smokes so i feel BAD!!! : (

By Ali the angel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Z1.jpg (28.6 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg Z.jpg (44.8 KB, 83 views)
Old 02-11-2007, 03:48 AM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #2
Mandy
Honourary Brit

Do me a favor: Quit spamming. Since I deleted your last spam post, your next one will result in a temporary ban.

I'll leave this topic open, but I wouldn't expect it to get far. I'm also moving it to the right section.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:44 AM   Senior Registered Member #3
kingdumbass

I'm tired of only hearing negative things about smoking....
It has its benefits, as well...but, of course, they're never publicized.

For example, did you know that smoking has been shown to prevent jogging?

Damn right it does. But will THE MEDIA ever talk about that??? Of course not.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:24 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #4
Digital_Ice

This topic has been done to death
http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums...ead.php?t=2864
http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums...ead.php?t=1894
to name but two.

Let me put this to you. Lots of people smoke. What's the fucking problem?
Does it make her less of a person because *you* don't want her to? has it ruined your perfect fanboy image of her?

Since when did a celebrity smoking become such a big deal?
I don't see any threads being started saying "OMFG, I was walking down the street and I saw 27 guys, 36 women and 116 teenagers smoking, how could they" it's only cause she's famous that its apparently such a big deal.

For christ sake, it's only a fag. It's not like she's shooting heroin.

/rant
Old 02-11-2007, 10:42 AM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #5
Leonie
Elle

Why can't someone prefer it if someone they look up to doesn't smoke? Assuming that Keira is a role model to some people, self-electedly so or not, people will hope she does things that match with their idea of "a good person," not to mention a healthy one.

Lord knows I notice when the 27 guys, 36 women and 116 teenagers smoke. BECAUSE I CAN'T BREATHE.

Just because you're allowed to do it doesn't mean other people aren't allowed to dislike it.

And just because you don't give a shit doesn't mean Keira's fans aren't allowed to. You know, the target audience of these forums?
Old 02-11-2007, 11:28 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #6
Digital_Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonie View Post
Why can't someone prefer it if someone they look up to doesn't smoke? Assuming that Keira is a role model to some people, self-electedly so or not, people will hope she does things that match with their idea of "a good person," not to mention a healthy one.
By that logic, she shouldn't be allowed to eat fast food... drink alcohol, or any of the other lifestyle choices that aren't deemed "healthy".

My point is, in a country where 26% of the population smokes, is it really that much of a shock?
Old 02-11-2007, 12:24 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #7
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Ok...let's put some myths to bed.

MOST smokers don't get cancer. This is a FACT.

MOST passive smokers don't get cancer. This is ALSO a fact.

Red meat, drinking, processed meat (so no more bacon, ham, sausages etc) are all actually bigger causes of cancer than smoking. The link between obesity and cancer is FAR stronger than that between cigarettes and cancer. It is a one-to-one correlation, smoking is not.

The irony in all this is that smoking can cause a loss of appetite which may, in fact, lessen your risk of cancer. So I, as an occassional smoker with an incredibly healthy diet, doing at least 6 hours of vigorous exercise a week may actually have less risk of cancer than most non-smokers.

And yet we have smoking bans and militant non-smokers preaching all the bloody time. Alcohol kills more people every year but I'm sure we all remember what happened when the US tried to ban it.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:04 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #8
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Not to mention the fact that the photos posted of her smoking are from movies!
Of all the pap snaps I've seen, I can't think of one where I've seen her smoking. The only other "evidence" was something about rolling papers in her room years ago. I've known lots of people with rolling papers over the years, and I don't think any of them put tobacco in them.
I'm quite sure, at age 22, she has smoked cigarettes, pot and...cover your eyes if you don't think you can handle it...pole.
Sorry to shatter your image.

And besides, your siggy says you "love to look cool".
Everyone knows you have to have a cigarette to look cool.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:42 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #9
Mandy
Honourary Brit

Thanks Brad, I was about to point that out. Just because Keira smokes in a movie doesn't mean she smokes in real life. The movie stills were bad examples to start out your topic.

OMG, you guys!!! Keira bounty hunts as a hobby on the weekends!
Old 02-11-2007, 01:57 PM   Senior Registered Member #10
kingdumbass

Half the reason I like smoking is that it pisses off the right kind of people....
Old 02-11-2007, 02:03 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #11
Digital_Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
OMG, you guys!!! Keira bounty hunts as a hobby on the weekends!
!!!

Are you serious?!?

holy shit that is so cool.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:03 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #12
Leonie
Elle

Old 02-11-2007, 02:05 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #13
Mandy
Honourary Brit

I have an occasional cigarette, but that doesn't mean I'm classified as a smoker.

And how do you know she wasn't researching a role?
Old 02-11-2007, 02:12 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #14
Leonie
Elle

The occasional cigarette on your own balcony, cause you just happened to have them lying around?

There was also an interview during the Atonement press where she said she got really fucked off one night because her lighter wouldn't work - she was in between takes, wanting to go home, wanting to have a smoke, and the damn thing wouldn't work, which resulted in a stream of fucks. If I remember correctly.

I can't find it though, and since I'm being the devil's advocate, I might as well not bother.

You asked for a candid picture of Keira smoking, I gave you one.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:16 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #15
Mandy
Honourary Brit

I won't argue over a topic like this because, Wow. However I've seen quite a few candids and that's the only photo I've seen of her smoking. I've had friends come over with a pack of cigs and smoked one with them before. It's not outrageously uncommon. I've had one when I'm stressed out.

Plus is your opinion of someone going to dramatically change if you see a picture of them smoking? It's their life and health, and it's not like any kids on here will be making out with her anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
Do me a favor: Quit spamming. Since I deleted your last spam post, your next one will result in a temporary ban.
Also, if your attitude in this thread is in some sort of disagreement with this, he was spamming in completely random threads right before posting this one. That was just my warning since this thread seemed slightly spammy.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:20 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #16
Leonie
Elle

Not the point - a fairly young fan hears she smokes and wishes she didn't, cause she doesn't support smoking and looks up to Keira. Nothing wrong with that.

Then we get the bit where you doubt she even smokes. Evidently, she does. (In addition to that photo and that interview, she's also talked about it on Leno.)

Anyway, this kind of "discussion" is pretty typical of what KKW has become. I can't be fucked anymore to try and have a fair discussion. Hope you guys enjoy this kind, especially the newbie bashing. It'll be real good for the site.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:23 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #17
Mandy
Honourary Brit

I love newbies. Just not the ones that randomly say "Hey guys, what's up" in a thread which the last post was in 2006 in the Gallery.

In fact, no posts I made were really newbie bashing. Just expressing my opinion on the matter. Newbie bashing would be something like Ran spouting obscenities to new people in the shoutbox .
Old 02-11-2007, 02:25 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #18
Leonie
Elle

I agree, it makes total sense to then rape their second, good attempt at a thread.

Whatever.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:34 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #19
Mandy
Honourary Brit

Well since the thread continued after I warned the fellow, I wouldn't say I completely ruined it. And my apologies, but I thought I had some sort of right as a moderator to give someone a warning when they've been spamming. My mistake.

Apologies to the thread-starter, I'm sure you didn't want to see it turn out this way. New rule: Don't disagree with Leonie.
Closed Thread