Should homosexual couples be allowed to adopt? - Page 8 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

View Poll Results: Should homosexual couples be allowed to adopt a child?
YES! 39 66.10%
NO! 20 33.90%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-10-2007, 01:30 AM   Senior Registered Member #141
Pygmalion
Pissed
 
Pygmalion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
Gayness may not be something bad or negative at the moment, but it will be some day. Take example of the gypsis , they used to be nice people, they used to work, and now everyone tries to get rid of them because they steal, beg and it gets worser.

There are two different things. Of beeing gay and forming a couple with a person of the same sex, and the second, of just playing gay, not having a relationship, and maby living with mommy and daddy (like PD said).
That has to be the most offensive thing I've ever seen. I hope you get hit by a bus you intolerant cunt.
Pygmalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2007, 05:49 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #142
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen
 
hasselbrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sugar Hill, GA... finally! Civilization!
Posts: 4,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcelain_Doll View Post
well put.

Since most stuff has already been said on this, I'll just say I think gay couples should be allowed to adopt. You'll deny somebody happiness (and I'm not just talking about couples, think about the kids. Even if their lives were tough, surely there's no study that proves having same-sex parents will screw them up...I know people who are much worse off living with their Daddy and Mommy) just because they won't have a distinctly separated "father" and "mother" figure?
For serious...these kids will be able to accessorize like nobody's business, not to mention the grooming skills.

Just to put all of this in perspective, Randy, Haz and I all (presumably) came from a household with two straight, adult parents.
Think about it.
__________________
"Purgatory's kind of like the in-betweeny one. You weren't really shit, but you weren't all that great either. Like Tottenham."
I'll try being nicer...if you'll try being smarter.
hasselbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2007, 06:46 PM   #143
mongoose
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 270
Wtf....I just gave an example and everybody attacks me now. I don't understand what's so offensive-the fact that I consider to be gay is bad , or that example ?
And in addition there is a suggestion I am gay, and racist -both at the same time. Can this happen ? (I would use another example but there would be more people attacking me). It seems ilogical to me, but different people think different and I don't have anything with it.
__________________
Don't argue with idiots. They drag you to theyr level and beat you with experience.
MySpace
100+3 member of keira posse
mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2007, 07:25 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #144
Digital_Ice
 
Digital_Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 3,741
having an opinion is one thing... saying "it will end up bad" and insinuating its some sort of disease is quite another.
__________________
Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man.
-- Friedrich Nietzsche
Digital_Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2007, 10:18 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #145
Leonie
Elle
 
Leonie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 2,631
Comparing gypsies, and speaking about them in the way you did, to gay people, and saying being gay is bad, is offensive four times.

You don't choose to be gay. It's not a disease you can cure, it's a part of you, just as your hair colour and the size of your feet is.

Lord knows I hope you'll never have children who grow up to realise they're gay. I have never met someone with so little inclination towards a non-stereotyping, non-generalising point of view before. Except maybe Ducky
__________________
Leonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2007, 11:17 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #146
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt
 
Hazzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad View Post
Just to put all of this in perspective, Randy, Haz and I all (presumably) came from a household with two straight, adult parents.Think about it.
Heh. He's right y'know. Look how fucked up we three are .
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2007, 11:34 PM   #147
AureaMediocritas
Member
 
AureaMediocritas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Paris 15 (yeehaa)
Posts: 319
Not to mention that the sacred guard of the ancient Greek city of Thebes was probably composed of 150 gay couples. Way different to today´s rather effeminate specimen, although they for once were probably not allowed to adopt a child.
__________________
"I can't tell you how happy I was when that bullet finally went through that bloke's head."
Sir Ian Kershaw on finishing Hitler : Nemesis 1936-1945
AureaMediocritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2007, 02:06 AM   Senior Registered Member #148
Pygmalion
Pissed
 
Pygmalion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by AureaMediocritas View Post
Way different to today´s rather effeminate specimen,
That generalisation would also be grossly offensive. Not all homosexual men are effeminate, fashion-loving twinks. The leader of one of our political parties is gay and most of the voting public has no idea, because he doesn't feel the need to shout it "loud and proud"
Pygmalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2007, 09:16 AM   #149
AureaMediocritas
Member
 
AureaMediocritas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Paris 15 (yeehaa)
Posts: 319
Right. Rather effeminate by comparison then. Sorry
__________________
"I can't tell you how happy I was when that bullet finally went through that bloke's head."
Sir Ian Kershaw on finishing Hitler : Nemesis 1936-1945
AureaMediocritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2007, 01:00 PM   #150
mongoose
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 270
If you say I was wrong, than I shall appologise.My bad.

Leaving that on the side, can I ask what those pills are , that are put in childrens meals ? Or what do they contain , because I never heared of them.
__________________
Don't argue with idiots. They drag you to theyr level and beat you with experience.
MySpace
100+3 member of keira posse
mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2007, 09:51 PM   Senior Registered Member #151
KeirazBabe
The Kewlest
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Windsor, U.K
Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygmalion View Post
That has to be the most offensive thing I've ever seen. I hope you get hit by a bus you intolerant cunt.
I'd just like to reinforce this statement x
__________________
Megan xXx
- Wear It Proud -
~* 1st Member & Founder Of Keiraz Posse! *~
KeirazBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2007, 08:50 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #152
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt
 
Hazzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,168
Can I third it? I'm not sure if that's a thing but I hate homophobia. Cue jokes that I'm gay...
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2007, 09:52 AM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #153
apoggy
Mmm Marmite
 
apoggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 1,274
Does the fact that mothers who like men (in your 'normal' single parent family of today) and usually go round chit chatting about how hunky 'X' is and what she'd do if she met 'Y' in the street mean that her young son listening in will eventually turn out gay?

Thought not, case closed.
__________________
If this was school I would be expelled for poor attendance.
apoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2007, 10:16 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #154
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt
 
Hazzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,168
Poggs for the win. Sound logic beats retarded bigotry every single time.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
By appointment to HM Keira Knightley.