Global Warming - Fact or Fiction? - Page 11 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 27-08-2007, 10:43 AM   #201
dave

I have a present for you. A movie.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...47519933351566

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...26099470628258

I'd inserted these in a previous post, but I've moved them here so I can say something about the second one.

The first movie is an interesting discussion about "The Great Global Warming Scam" which was run on the BBC so all of you guys have probably already watched it. Those of us who live in the mountains of New Mexico and have no TV reception have not seen it. However, the important thing for me here is the second film which appears to be the stuff which was left out of the first film because it wasn't interesting to a "general audience."

If my memory is correct (and as old and slow as my mind is these days, who knows) Dr. Fred Singer is who I ran those hydrodynamics codes for so long ago and he is still standing behind the results we got!

And the talk by the Arctic Core Scientist makes the most sense of the situation that I have seen so far.

%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
"Le uova non devono ballare con le pietre."
"Eggs have no business dancing with stones" from the movie "Shoot 'Em Up"
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2007, 10:22 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #202
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Do we have to keep doing this?! Global warming is occuring naturally, there's sod all we can do about it, and holding energy-consuming concerts that do nothing but line people's pockets does little to aid, and in fact only make things worse. If you disagree you're an idiot .
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2007, 10:59 PM   #203
Katielondon
Jezebel

Global warming is a load of shit, if you have to get your knickers in a twist about some looming disaster, do it about something useful-like peak oil.
Katielondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2007, 04:54 AM   #204
dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katielondon View Post
Global warming is a load of shit, if you have to get your knickers in a twist about some looming disaster, do it about something useful-like peak oil.
Could The Electric Car Save Us?

Part of America's problem is that many Americans believe that Alaskan oil will "save us." What Americans don't realize is that the oil in Alaska has high sulfur content thus is not economically usable in America. (i.e. We sell it overseas.) That's one of the reasons that the Environmentalists keep winning the battle to stop the drilling in Alaska. It's pretty hard to find people who want to destroy the Denali Wilderness so oil companies can profit.

Old 21-09-2007, 12:17 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #205
Digital_Ice

hybrid cars make me laugh, due to the increased weight of multiple engines etc, its often less fuel efficient than normal cars, and thus is worse for the environment when running on the fuel engine.
Old 21-09-2007, 12:53 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #206
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Shhh...Ice...don't say that! Don't you know "Global Warming" is a common-sense free area?
Old 21-09-2007, 04:46 PM   Senior Registered Member #207
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Ice View Post
hybrid cars make me laugh, due to the increased weight of multiple engines etc, its often less fuel efficient than normal cars, and thus is worse for the environment when running on the fuel engine.
I remember when the 2nd gen Prius came out and Toyota was boasting that it would get somewhere south of 70mpg...try 40-45 when using standards and tests not created in the 1950s.

E85 isn't much better, as the increased demand for corn and other biofuels has made food prices go through the roof. Everywhere I go I hear people complain about the price of milk, as it's costing farmers more to feed their herds of the slaughtered.

Now the government's trying to make these CAFE regulations for every car by 2020 or so, making my shiny new Corvette a naughty toy to have, while everyone else drives the bastard childs of SMART, Renault, Mini Coopers, and other "cars" that I could crush with my thumb. Due largely to global warming (and the fear of no more gas in the next 6 months).

Really, do you think a driver of a Lambo Murcielago LP640 gives a damn how much gas he's wasting? Didn't think so.

(wait's that's not fair-the car's worth at least 250k...)
Old 22-09-2007, 12:45 AM   #208
Katielondon
Jezebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511 View Post
I remember when the 2nd gen Prius came out and Toyota was boasting that it would get somewhere south of 70mpg...try 40-45 when using standards and tests not created in the 1950s.

E85 isn't much better, as the increased demand for corn and other biofuels has made food prices go through the roof. Everywhere I go I hear people complain about the price of milk, as it's costing farmers more to feed their herds of the slaughtered.

Now the government's trying to make these CAFE regulations for every car by 2020 or so, making my shiny new Corvette a naughty toy to have, while everyone else drives the bastard childs of SMART, Renault, Mini Coopers, and other "cars" that I could crush with my thumb. Due largely to global warming (and the fear of no more gas in the next 6 months).

Really, do you think a driver of a Lambo Murcielago LP640 gives a damn how much gas he's wasting? Didn't think so.

(wait's that's not fair-the car's worth at least 250k...)
anyone who drives a Prius is quite frankly, well um.................(i very rarely use this word) a cunt, they really think thier doing thier bit for the enviroment(not that cars make much difference anyway) but due to the battiries etc they have much more enviromental impact than many normal non hybrid cars, people buy them trying to make a statement about how thier doing thier bit and try to look eco friendly, they try and give me a holier than thou look at traffic lights because i dare to drive a Range Rover-OMG just think of my carbon footprint, what they fail to know is im laughing at them spluttering around in thier silly little car with thier silly ignorant attitude and at times i would like nothing more than to drive into them.

*rant over, and breathe*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
Could The Electric Car Save Us?

Part of America's problem is that many Americans believe that Alaskan oil will "save us." What Americans don't realize is that the oil in Alaska has high sulfur content thus is not economically usable in America. (i.e. We sell it overseas.) That's one of the reasons that the Environmentalists keep winning the battle to stop the drilling in Alaska. It's pretty hard to find people who want to destroy the Denali Wilderness so oil companies can profit.

is the Alaskan and Canadian oil called shale oil?, i think i remember reading about it.
something to do with the extraction and refinement costs are much higher than regular crude oil but it can essentially do the same thing if it comes to it?.

Last edited by Digital_Ice; 22-09-2007 at 01:36 AM. Reason: double post
Old 22-09-2007, 02:45 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #209
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Shhh...people...we mustn't burst the bubble Prius owners are living in. They'll die if they knew...
Old 22-09-2007, 02:48 PM   #210
Katielondon
Jezebel

driving a Prius should be made a criminal offence!!, you should get a years driving ban and your car crushed if your caught driving one.
Old 22-09-2007, 02:49 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #211
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

I think driving one is punishment enough...
Old 22-09-2007, 05:24 PM   Senior Registered Member #212
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katielondon View Post
driving a Prius should be made a criminal offence!!, you should get a years driving ban and your car crushed if your caught driving one.
Fuck a 1-year ban...they should be unable to step foot in a car ever again, passenger or not.
Old 22-09-2007, 05:51 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #213
Digital_Ice

it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't such an ugly car.

also, this makes me laugh;

Quote:
Under the United States Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) recently revised testing procedures, the 2007 Prius is the most fuel efficient car sold in the U.S.
Quote:
According to the EPA, the 5-speed manual transmission variant of the Insight was the most fuel-efficient mass-produced automobile sold in the United States
even the EPA havn't got a clue what they are talking about.
Old 22-09-2007, 11:46 PM   Senior Registered Member #214
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Most hybrid cars have a shit design (Prius, Insight, Camry, etc.). The only hybrid/electric/alternative fuel car I'd even consider buying strictly on looks is the new Chevy Volt concept.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Volt
Old 16-10-2007, 07:06 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #215
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

For those who say I never contribute anything of worth I decided to post some rather interesting findings I discovered in the last couple of days. Those who insist man-made global warming is still an unproven theory are often criticised for not providing scientific backing. So here's some:

Someone, it seems, forgot to tell the ice caps to melt.

Yes, I know that's posted on a blog, and yes, I know people will say it's a "slanted" piece of reporting. So I urge you to actually visit The Cryosphere Today, the website run by the University of Illinois. You'll find that they also report a record fall in the Arctic ice caps. It doesn't disprove Global Warming, nobody thought it would, but what it does do is lend support to the idea that this is simply a natural cycle, not man-made. Which is all I've ever said (I don't deny Climate Change).

Someone, it seems, also forgot to tell the sea levels to rise.

Again, nobody is saying the causes of this are known, nobody is saying this disproves Global Warming is occuring, what it does show is that we can't possibly be sure that it's a man-made problem if we can't explain beyond any doubt why the sea levels are actually falling. It shows the debate is not over, it shows there is not consensus, and fundamentally it shows that the man-made theory of Global Warming has not been proven at all. That's all people are saying, it may not be man-made.

Meet Dr William Gray. He is a leading Hurricane forecaster and one of the world's most highly respected metereologists. He has a PhD in Geophysical Sciences, is a professor of meteorology at Colorado State and recognised as a pioneer in his field (hurricane forecasting). He has debunked Gore's theory as "ridiculous". Shocking...an academic opposing the supposed consensus?! Stone him! Who cares if he can even rationally explain why those who disagree with him do?

I've long said that those who champion this "theory" as fact are lining their own pockets. There would be no money to back their studies if they didn't "prove" man-made global warming. People accuse those who oppose the man-made theory of "being in the pocket of big oil" and yet a great deal of the funding for these studies is coming froim oil companies looking at "alternative energies". Take a look at the budget of any listed oil company in the world (it's all public record) and you will see record amounts of money being spent on "alternative energy" research. These people don't spend money for fun, they spend it because they think by doing so they'll be able to make even more.

And all this comes as Gore's film is slated for nine factual errors. So much for the Nobel Prize.

Last edited by Hazzle; 16-10-2007 at 07:22 PM.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:23 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #216
Digital_Ice

heh... I just remembered this simposns quote.

Quote:
Oh, so Mother Nature needs a favor? Well, maybe she should have thought of that when she was besetting us with droughts and floods and poison monkeys. Nature started the fight for survival and now she wants to quit because she's losing? Well, I say "hard cheese"!
Old 18-10-2010, 08:49 AM   #217
dave

This is a link to part one of five youtube videos of Lord Moncton talking about the origins and linkages of the "GlobalWarming/Marxist" community. You should enjoy this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHyMY...eature=related

Old 11-11-2010, 01:47 AM   Banned User #218
angelababy
Banned

When are they gonna invent environmentaly friendly cars? Or do they have them yet?
angelababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:12 AM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #219
Mandy
Honourary Brit

Hybrids are better for the environment, but not 100% safe.

Also, holy bump, batman.
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:41 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #220
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
Hybrids are better for the environment
Debatable. All depends whether you include the environmental impact of the actual production of the vehicles. Most use nickel batteries, and nickel mining causes more environmental damage than most cars do over their lifetime.

And if we're talking about the biggest seller of hybrids (Toyota) they only build them in Japan, which means the nickel mined in Canada is shipped all the way to Japan, then put into the car (with the other parts having been similarly shipped from all over the world) which is then shipped to wherever it's being sold. Not good.

Hydrogen fuel cells, however, spell the future of cars.

Quote:
Also, holy bump, batman.
And I thought I was bad. Oh well, worth another bump.