Lucky Charms! (no, not the cereal, moron...) - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-08-2007, 06:16 PM   Senior Registered Member #1
Porcelain_Doll
little-miss-smut-for-brains

Lucky Charms! (no, not the cereal, moron...)

Ok, people: KKW is dying. I mean it, it's a ghost town. It's dying and we've got the epi, so I say shoot it...up.

I'm doing my little share by creating a thread that I predict will be active for 2-3 days, tops, but whatever.

I was wondering about lucky charms, 'cause we were discussing them in my literary workshop the other day.
Is there anything you always carry with you, something that has a really special meaning? like a certain pen you take to exams, or some t-shirt that you wear as often as you can? Doesn't really have to be a present or a very expensive thing, maybe something you inherited or discovered during a really hard time.

Seeing as we are the ones that give these things value and meaning, not the other way round; I thought it would be nice to share our "lucky charms" and tell the story they enclose.

This my main lucky charm.

It was given to me when I was 12 for my Bat Mitzvah by my then-ex-boyfriend. We had a lovely relationship, from the time we were eight until I broke it off at twelve. It doesn't just remind me of my Bat Mitzvah, it reminds me of my first puppy love, the bookworm and the bad boy.
I never take it off, I even shower with it, and it's simple and pretty.
I often wonder about him, 'cause I haven't seen that boy who sent me the sweetest letters since I was 13 or 14, seeing as I switched schools.
"There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." Elizabeth Bennet

musings and ramblings, aka:
my blog

Porcelain_Doll is offline   Reply With Quote