Tulip Fever - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira's Movies & Projects

Keira's Movies & Projects The place to discuss Keira's movies, projects and anything else you hear with your ear to the ground...

Old 24-07-2007, 11:11 PM   #1
Winnie

Smile Tulip Fever

Hi all, I've looked through the thread history regarding the movie "Tulip Fever" and the last entry was sometime in 2004. I thought I'd ask the experts of this site if anyone has heard whether Tulip Fever will ever be made and if so, would Keira still be the lead? I looked on Deborah Moggach's website and the only thing she writes about it (as of summer 2007) is that it's in preproduction. Her site is the only mention I've seen of that movie anywhere in a very long time (and I've looked everywhere!). It would be a fantastic movie and Keira would be brilliant in the lead. I also read somewhere (a while ago) that if the movie ever were to go into production Jude Law would no longer be the other lead. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 25-07-2007, 09:01 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #2
Digital_Ice

Quote:
The producer of upcoming Jude Law movie Tulip Fever has closed down the production following the British Government's decision to close a tax loophole for investors. Producer Alison Owen decided to halt the film after discovering Chancellor Gordon Brown planned to change the law, blaming some members of the film community for "exploiting" the benefits. And now Owen - who has vowed to move out of the country if the decision is not reversed - is hoping that appeals by herself and her peers to allow current productions to be exempt from the changes will be granted. Owen fears the film will be canceled altogether if not. She fumes, "If Tulip Fever goes down I will move to Los Angeles or New York - it's too difficult to make movies here. On February 10 we had a meeting for five-thirty to sign everything off, but I had a call at 10 o'clock saying this news had been posted on a government website. If we'd known 12 months ago, I would have structured the film a different way, but you cut your coat according to your cloth. The production can only continue if the Treasury change their mind, give us some transitional relief, or come up with another plan by the middle of the week.
That was a news article from Feb 04.
Old 25-07-2007, 12:26 PM   #3
Winnie

Smile Tulip Fever

Hi, thanks for responding. I had read that bit before and knew about the whole tax thing. I was curious if anyone had heard anything more recently. I appreciate your response though. Thank you.