To be or not to be(the American President) - Page 3 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 19-07-2007, 04:43 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #41
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby View Post
So...you think America is in the best standing when you have POOR FUCKING PEOPLE living across the street? Jesus, are you even human?
The poor should be kept in camps. Behind fences with razor wire on top.
Old 19-07-2007, 05:16 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #42
Leonie
Elle

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad View Post
Not very classy.

As for presidential elections, I reckon anyone who isn't Bush is an improvement. That includes EVERYONE. Except Al Gore, cause he bothers me. He seems to have taken hypocrisy on a world tour.
Old 19-07-2007, 05:21 PM   Senior Registered Member #43
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Haha, I guess so.
Old 19-07-2007, 05:24 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #44
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Haha, I guess so.
I'm glad someone got the irony.
Old 19-07-2007, 05:36 PM   #45
Keira lover

Quote:
Yeah, because the 2/3 of us who have health insurance in America get top quality service. I actually spent 20 dollars today on a checkup with my doctor. Sure it was a good visit because I've known her my whole life, but 20 dollars just to talk for 5 minutes. That should be covered.

I love how one-sided this summation is. Jesus Christ, it's embarassing.
Also one thing I find incredibly ironic in this post is how you misspelt "hypocrite" when trying to bitch out Hillary Clinton. You actually wrote "Hippocrate" which is much closer to Hippocrates, who is an Ancient Greek Psyciatrist, known as the Father of Medicine and one of the most important figures in Health for his society.
And what a weak argument against Edwards, his hair is expensive... okay. And as you said, "the poor people who love [sic] across the street hate him." So...you think America is in the best standing when you have POOR FUCKING PEOPLE living across the street? Jesus, are you even human?

And Obama wants the "benefit for the'common good' which is NOT how the country was meant to work"? How was it meant to work? So the rich people can fuck the asshole of the poor? That's bullshit.

How old are you anyway? You sound like a fucking 12 year old who just regurgitates what his ignorant, conservative father yells at the T.V. each night...right before he beats his least favorite son.

And learn to write clearly. It's important to be coherent if you want to be President of the Free World. Well...it will be after this current president.
The country was designed based on a capitalist economy: people work for what they have. You work hard, you get ahead. You don't, you end up poor. Simple as that. The gov't was not set up to address social issues and help people who won't help themselves. The government derives it's power from the people and only purpose is to provide for the common defense and enforce and make laws, based on the constitution, which I suggest you reAd. That is it. No welfare, no coddling those who don't work hard.

And, John Edwards lives accross from a trailer park. I saw an interview with many of those people: most hated him. And I couldn't care less about his haircut if he didn't talk about 2 Americas and demonizes the rich who have. for the most part, worked hard to get where they are (Carnegie, Rockeffeler, Bloomberg, Gates,etc...), while he is making the problem worse with these $1,200 (it turns out we had the price wrong) and the huge mansions, etc..

And, it was a typo. Give me a fucking break. I just misspelled (not misspelt) one word. maybe, I should see a psychiatrist? figure it out. looks whose talking.
Welfare is not the gov't job. It is the job of the individual to provide for himself. I will not pay for someone else's surgery or health care if all they do is get high and drunk. I follow the law and work hard. The guy i described doesn't.

Oh, I am 15 years old. I am my father's only true son (not counting his wife's kids), and have 2 sisters. My father is an independent (college-educated, political science major,), my mother is blue blooded (teacher). And, Note, I am not known for compassion. I am known for my far right views and interesting personality, all of which i have developed myself over my lifetime. I am a cold, ruthless, power hungry individual. But what's new? And, I never said that I was fair and balanced, did I. of course it's one sided! It's commentary.

Leonie, I though I was the only one who saw that in Algore.

47th Member of the Keira Knightley Posse
Keira lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 05:49 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #46
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
You know what. That wasn't very classy either.
Leonie, I'm sorry. I wasn't very nice to you there and I apologize.

And, to stay on topic...I don't like John Edwards because he has gotten filthy rich by suing and then fleecing his clients.
Old 19-07-2007, 06:09 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #47
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

Quote:
You know what. That wasn't very classy either.
Leonie, I'm sorry. I wasn't very nice to you there and I apologize.

And, to stay on topic...I don't like John Edwards because he has gotten filthy rich by suing and then fleecing his clients.
How do you know that? was he ever your lawyer? he ever fleece you? or are you quoting the likes of rush and ann?
Old 19-07-2007, 06:43 PM   Senior Registered Member #48
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

It could be either misspelt or misspelled, keira lover.

And I disagree with your theory on all the rich work hard get what they have. A lot of wealth in America is inherited.

And it's not so easy for the poor/homeless to just work hard an GIIIT-R-Doonee because sometimes it's not their fault where they are. It's not easy to get a job when you don't have a home. If you can't shower do you think you'll do well in an interview? Even the most motivated person can crumble under that kind of stress.

I don't want to argue with you about anything else, though. You clearly think very highly of yourself, and I could be spending my time doing much better things. Like staring at a wall.
Old 19-07-2007, 06:58 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #49
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranman View Post
How do you know that? was he ever your lawyer? he ever fleece you? or are you quoting the likes of rush and ann?
It's a well known fact that personal injury attorneys reap the lion's share of settlements, often leaving victims in worse shape than they would have been in had they simply settled.
I'm not taking a swipe at all attorneys, I just happen to view personal injury attorneys with disdain. I've seen the huge settlements gobbled up by law firms while the actual victims were left in dire financial straits once a settlement had been reached.
When Monsanto was found guilty of polluting the environment of Anniston, Alabama, the company was fined $700,000,000.
The average plaintiff, whose health had been damaged beyond repair by PCB contamination, received about $7,000.
Johnny Cochran made $29,000,000.
Jere Beazley, the lead attorney in Alabama made $34,000,000.
Seems equitable to me.
Old 19-07-2007, 07:10 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #50
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

Both my parents are lawyers, dad's a defence attorney and mom's a real estate attorney, both make more than personal injury attorneys. And they work less. most personal injury attorneys do it because they like it. There are easier ways to make money in law.
Old 19-07-2007, 08:10 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #51
Leonie
Elle

Quote:
I got the irony, I'm just a bit hypersensitive about the subject, I suppose. Seeing as my grandfather nearly died on a number of occasion to keep people away from barbed wired fences, I fail to see the humour of it.

It could be PMS, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keira lover View Post
And, it was a typo. Give me a fucking break. I just misspelled (not misspelt) one word. maybe, I should see a psychiatrist? figure it out. looks whose talking.
I learnt in school that misspelt is actually fine. Or maybe I just dreamt that.

Bottom line: British English. Learn to live with it. Your lovely Keira speaks it.
Old 19-07-2007, 08:32 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #52
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Both my parents are lawyers, dad's a defence attorney and mom's a real estate attorney, both make more than personal injury attorneys. And they work less. most personal injury attorneys do it because they like it. There are easier ways to make money in law.
I don't begrudge someone earning a living. I just think it's obscene when those who are truly affected receive about one fifth of the settlement. And, it's not the real estate attorneys who are clogging up the legal system with frivolous lawsuits. John Edwards has made a lot more than the average attorney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonie View Post
I got the irony, I'm just a bit hypersensitive about the subject, I suppose. Seeing as my grandfather nearly died on a number of occasion to keep people away from barbed wired fences, I fail to see the humour of it.

It could be PMS, too.
Yeah, I kind of figured that. That's why I apologized.:icon_redf
Old 19-07-2007, 08:36 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #53
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

Quote:
frivolous lawsuits
I want to hear you say that when you get hurt and need a lawyer
Old 19-07-2007, 08:36 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #54
Leonie
Elle

Quote:
Yeah, I kind of figured that. That's why I apologized.:icon_redf
Is the PMS that obvious?
Old 19-07-2007, 08:54 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #55
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
I want to hear you say that when you get hurt and need a lawyer
Marcia's mother got smashed into by some asshole who fell asleep at the wheel at 30 AM. Now, she's in pain and I fully support her right to sue the prick. I'm talking about the lotto style lawsuits. The guy who sues a friend's grandparents because they didn't warn him adequately that he shouldn't dive in the shallow end of the pool. (he took it all the way to the Supreme Court)
The people who sue Volusia County, Florida because they weren't adequately warned by said county not to dangle their legs in shark infested waters.
People like a friend of mine who sued an ATV maker because he got injured riding one, even though he was far too young to be riding it at the time of the accident.
Old 19-07-2007, 08:56 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #56
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonie View Post
Is the PMS that obvious?
No, not the PMS. I just realized how rude I was.

However, I do find it odd that you and Marcia are apparently riding the same cycle.
Old 19-07-2007, 09:10 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #57
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

See brad there is the problem, they want to put a cap on all lawsuits. they want to decide who's faking and who's not. I hope marcia's mom is ok but back pain is the most abused complaint. Do you really want them to tell marcia what she can or can't have?
Old 19-07-2007, 09:20 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #58
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

There's no perfect solution. In Alabama, they put a cap of three times actual damages for punitive damages. Of course, this is the state (in)famous for the bad BMW paint job $70,000,000 lawsuit. Three times actual damages is, in my opinion, too low, but I wouldn't have a problem with up to ten at the judge's discretion.
Also, I would be in favor of the state having doctors on some sort of retainer to give an unbiased opinion of someone's physical state.
Old 19-07-2007, 09:24 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #59
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

And whats the cap for someone's death, And the people who are trying to reform the system want a small cap for everything.
Old 19-07-2007, 09:28 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #60
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

That's where compromise comes in. The people who want to limit judgements to $1,000 are going to have to compromise with those who want a free for all.

Back on topic...I like Joe Lieberman. Nominate him and I'll vote Democrat.