To be or not to be(the American President) - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 03-07-2007, 02:24 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #21
Digital_Ice

well theres a first time for everything! lol.

Edit:

Jon Stewart for President!!

lol

either that... or me.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:55 AM   #22
Keira lover

No lets look at the GOP

Rudy: held together NYC after 9/11 and is dedicated to the world on terror
McCain: stands by his beliefs and principles, and doesn't change his views on even numbered years.
Romney: has a record as a fiscal conservative.
Thompson: Reagan-esc, believes in winning war on terror

The Dems:
Hillary: her health care system will destroy the greatest health care in the world, (We are 1st, not 30 something, Micheal Moore) Liar, hippocrate, flip flopper, etc..... need i go on
Edwards: fights for the poor while having $400 hair, and the poor people who love across the street hate him.
Obama: a good mas, but is too idealistic and would likely hurt us by trying to benefit the "common good" which is NOT how are country was meant to work.

Oh, and if Gore ran, hed put all Federal funding toward "global warming" and away from fighting terror (hey, the environment is great, but it is less important than PREVENTING THE DESTRUCTIOPN OF THE GREATEST NATION ON EARTH, THAT HAS SAVED BILLIONS OF LIVES AND PREVENTED WORLD DOMINATION BY CRAZY SYCHOPATHS, TWICE.)

Oh, and health care, if we put the government in charge, what was a week long wait for an appointment would become 6 months. Although, The US is NOT a democracy, but a Republic. Our system of government and taxes were not designed by the founding fathers for "the common good" but to provide the necessary, but minimal funding for the government. This money went to the military and salaries, and the little do dads and what nots needed, like paper for bills and courts and ink. Our welfare system must be abolished. The US was set up so that those who work hard get ahead, and those that don't work, don;t get ahead. Not so that the left can get the poor to vote for themby demonizing the rich, who, oh my god, actually worked for their wealth (if you don't believe they worked for it, her are 2 examples: Bill Gates, Warren Buffett)

Oh, and those of you against gun ownership, I have some text for you:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infriged.

that was the second amendment, and if you can impeach the founders, you must be one of them.

So, if we like our country, Rudy is the best choice, or McCain.

47th Member of the Keira Knightley Posse
Keira lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:57 AM   #23
Keira lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Ice View Post
well theres a first time for everything! lol.

Edit:

Jon Stewart for President!!

lol

either that... or me.

Don;t joke about the future of the free world

Old 07-07-2007, 01:49 AM   #24
Keira lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranman View Post
I haven't started a thread in a while so here it goes

In a year and a half, we in America will
elect a new President. I wanted to talk a little about
this, starting by a discussion about the candidates.
Lets start with the Republican candidates

Note: We will not elect a president. We will vote, and then the congressmen and senators will the cast there electoral college vote based on the popular votes from their district. This is a republic and how the framers intended.

John Mccain, who I actually like a little. He's been called
the Democrat of the Republican party. But his age and
position on the war will will keep him from winning.

John Sidney McCain III has standed by what he believes and never changes his views based on public opinion. he has fought for this country and was taken prisoner for it. He was tortured, and survived. He has never given in.

Rudy Gulliani, Who I hate. And In Republican family
morality party, He's been divorced twice and is
pro choice and supports gay people.

Rudolph Guiliani held the city of New York together during 9/11. He went to the scene, he took control of the situation, he attended hundreds of the funerals, he was America's Mayor. He sent Fat Tony Salerno up the river, he cut taxes 23 times, he cut crime and unemployment and cleaned up the NYPD. He took New York from one of the most dangerous cities in the countrie to the safest. Now, either you have no idea what Rudy has done, are am ultra-liberal partisan, high, or a criminal/

Oh, and McCain's been divorced a couple of times, now.

Mitt Romney, He's been Pro choice and
supported gay people most of his career
(but has changed his position as of late).
He is a Mormon, so he could have more than
one wife in the White House

Gee, and I thought the "progressives'' were the open minded ones and the conservatives were the bigots. Gee, guess I'm wrong. How low can you go. How can you impeach a man based on his religious beliefs. Romney is not a polygamist, but how can you insult the man on his religion. Have you no decency? At long last, have you no decency?

Fred Thompson, He's acting in Law and Order right now. nuff said.
L&O is a good show, and Thompson is a Regean-esc conservative (nut he won't be the next gipper, tho. Because only the gipper can be gipper and he is kind of dead.) And, Thompson has left Law and Order.

Newt Gringrich, Who I really hate, While Clinton was
getting a BJ and showing us a good use for cigars.
He had his own filthy sex romp going on. Cheating
on your wife is one thing but cheating with a women
with a face of a mule is another. And he's been divorced.

Gingrich had an affair well leading the charge against Bill Clinton for lying under owth, which is a class E felony, at least in New York. Clinton said "I did not have sexual relations with that woman...Ms. Lewinsky." Now if a BJ is not sexual (note, i did not say it was sex, just that it was sexual), then why is forcing one to give you one a sex crime? He did have a sexual relation with that woman. I do not understand, however, why he would risk his career, his legacy, on a BJ with a woman who looked like Monica Lewinsky? I would never risk my political career on that. Oh, and what's wrong with Fmr. Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich? He lead the republican revolution in 1994. Man, was it a great day when they retook Congress. I'm still crying about the Dem control of the 110th Congress. Mark My Words: The GOP WILL retake the house, and the Senate in 08, 2010, and god willing , 2012.

Lets talk democrats

Hillary Clinton, I do like her but half the country hates
her with a passion and I don't think this country is
ready for a women President.

You must be high. Clinton wants to nationalize health care, which will cause a total breakdown of our health care system, causing people to wait months, not days to see a doctor, causing hundreds of deaths from step-throat. And even if her system is even OK, how will we pay for it? Taxes, Taxes, Taxes. Do you want to pay more taxes? Then the government would grow, and grow and grow. Then we'd be left with a bloated bureacracy that will soon fall. The small departments wont work together and finally, the gov't would just collapse. It would be all over. All those millions of good men, the founders, the soldiers, the people, who fought, who sacrificed, who died for the American experiment would be forgotten, and there sacrifices would have been in vain. God, do I hope I am dead and forgotten when that happens. I would rather die than allow this country to falter, to fail, to die as had so many great societies have done before. Now, these are the times that try mens' souls.

Barack Obama, I like him too but with only two years
experience in the senate and being the first real black
candidate, not much of a chance. It makes me sad
to say that I don't think America is ready for him.

Obama is not the first black candidate. Shirley Chisom ran in the early 20th century. She was a black woman.

John Edwards, he's a one term senator and an ex trial lawyer.

Edwards was an ambulance chaser, and a disgusting, hippocritical human being.

There are a few others, feel free to discuss them.
I really want to hear from non-Americans on these candidates
Note: there are like 20 more.

I did edited it, ignore the quote thing

Old 07-07-2007, 08:39 AM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #25
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keira lover View Post
Note: there are like 20 more.

I did edited it, ignore the quote thing
I said there were others, and what did Ice say about double posting you fecking dickhead
Old 07-07-2007, 10:36 AM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #26
Leonie
Elle

Your health care system is first in the world?

Bwahahaha.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:23 PM   #27
Keira lover

Quote:
It was Bush himself, The stupidest person ever
Well, the stupid 2 term limit crap should be repealed, but either way, Dubya won't run again

Quote:
I said there were others, and what did Ice say about double posting you fecking dickhead

first of all, it's fucking dickead, and what r u talking about.

Last edited by Foeni; 08-07-2007 at 06:07 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:39 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #28
duckula
Nobler in the mind.

Words fail me.
duckula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:10 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #29
Foeni

Keira Lover, how many times do you have to be told not to double post? Let me just give you three days to think about that.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:02 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #30
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

Quote:
Well, the stupid 2 term limit crap should be repealed, but either way, Dubya won't run again

first of all, it's fucking dickead, and what r u talking about.
I did it on purpose you idiot, I try not to use the F word. We have younglins here
Old 09-07-2007, 02:06 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #31
Digital_Ice

did he just correct your insult... and call himself a fucking dickhead?
Old 09-07-2007, 05:44 AM   Senior Registered Member #32
Pygmalion
Pissed

I don't care who the new president is, since if we get a new prime minister he won't care either.
Hopefully.
Pygmalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:24 AM   #33
Keira lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonie View Post
Your health care system is first in the world?

Bwahahaha.
The US does have the best health care system in the world. Note: Ranman= I'm listening to Newt Gingrich now.

Digital_Ice, I did not insult myself. If I did, I'd call myself any egotisticol SOB who does anything i can to advance myself, in which case, he'd be correct. I was correcting his insult.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:41 AM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #34
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

If america has the best health care system in the world how come 1/3 of america don't have health coverage?
Old 12-07-2007, 02:55 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #35
Digital_Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Ice View Post
did he just correct your insult...
Quote:
I was correcting his insult.

also, i was being sarcastic.

ooh, and i found this
http://dll.umaine.edu/ble/U.S.%20HCweb.pdf
Old 12-07-2007, 04:09 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #36
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Our healthcare system is too good for its own good, and that's why it's so expensive. By that, I mean our current healthcare system places more and more burden on itself as the medical community does a better job caring for and prolonging the lives of those who a couple of decades ago would have been condemned to death. Premature infants place a tremendous financial burden on our healthcare system. Infants that a decade ago would have simply been termed miscarriages are now considered medically viable. Elderly patients live longer due to improved healthcare procedures and drugs.
The sophistication of medical equipment has spiralled upward in the last twenty or so years due to technological breakthroughs, but then, so too has cost. Billions of dollars are poured into research and development by corporations in this country to create drugs, tests and machines that allow doctors to perform miracles on a regular basis, and somewhere, these costs have to be offset.
Who's to blame?
It's easy to say "George W. Bush", but it's a hell of a lot more complicated than that. It's also easy to point at any number of other healthcare entities; hospitals, doctors, insurance companies. While it's true that these are all part of the problem, one cannot overlook the culpability of personal injury lawyers in driving up the costs for the aforementioned through frivolous lawsuits. You think health insurance is expensive? Take a look at malpractice insurance. Doctors are held to an almost unreasonable standard. Anything short of perfection and miracles are grounds for a lawsuit. Trauma units are being shut down in some areas due to lawsuits involving accident victims who were basically dead on arrival, and failed to respond to treatment.
Of course, the dirty little secret that most people like to avoid is the fact that a lot of people don't have health coverage because it isn't a priority. 42,000,000 people in the United States don't have health coverage. However, there are 195,000,000 cellphones in use in the United States, meaning roughly two thirds of the population is paying for cellphone service. Furthermore, in December of 2006 alone, $3,700,000,000 (yes...that many zeros) was spent on videogame hardware and software. We spend an awful lot on things that would have been considered luxuries a generation ago to have what is termed a "crisis" on our hands.
Just a thought...
Old 18-07-2007, 09:20 PM   #37
Keira lover

Quote:
If america has the best health care system in the world how come 1/3 of america don't have health coverage?
correction: 15% of americans don't have health care. 1/3=33%=not true. Also, the quality of the care is what matters, not the number of insured peoples. If we socialize medicine, the system will become the worst in the world.

Old 18-07-2007, 09:57 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #38
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

Quote:
not the number of insured peoples. If we socialize medicine, the system will become the worst in the world.
What if you're one of that number of uninsured, I think you would care. And HMO'S have destroyed the quality of medicine, when doctors receive a bonus for not doing certain test or cutting corners, I'd say its already the worst in the world.

I thought you were banned forever

Last edited by Ranman; 18-07-2007 at 10:02 PM. Reason: to add on
Ranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 12:54 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #39
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
What if you're one of that number of uninsured, I think you would care. And HMO'S have destroyed the quality of medicine, when doctors receive a bonus for not doing certain test or cutting corners, I'd say its already the worst in the world.

I thought you were banned forever
You and I agree about HMOs. Worst fucking idea ever...save for getting the government directly involved in healthcare.
Old 19-07-2007, 04:23 PM   Senior Registered Member #40
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
correction: 15% of americans don't have health care. 1/3=33%=not true. Also, the quality of the care is what matters, not the number of insured peoples. If we socialize medicine, the system will become the worst in the world.
Yeah, because the 2/3 of us who have health insurance in America get top quality service. I actually spent 20 dollars today on a checkup with my doctor. Sure it was a good visit because I've known her my whole life, but 20 dollars just to talk for 5 minutes. That should be covered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asshole
No lets look at the GOP

Rudy: held together NYC after 9/11 and is dedicated to the world on terror
McCain: stands by his beliefs and principles, and doesn't change his views on even numbered years.
Romney: has a record as a fiscal conservative.
Thompson: Reagan-esc, believes in winning war on terror

The Dems:
Hillary: her health care system will destroy the greatest health care in the world, (We are 1st, not 30 something, Micheal Moore) Liar, hippocrate, flip flopper, etc..... need i go on
Edwards: fights for the poor while having $400 hair, and the poor people who love across the street hate him.
Obama: a good mas, but is too idealistic and would likely hurt us by trying to benefit the "common good" which is NOT how are country was meant to work.
I love how one-sided this summation is. Jesus Christ, it's embarassing.
Also one thing I find incredibly ironic in this post is how you misspelt "hypocrite" when trying to bitch out Hillary Clinton. You actually wrote "Hippocrate" which is much closer to Hippocrates, who is an Ancient Greek Psyciatrist, known as the Father of Medicine and one of the most important figures in Health for his society.
And what a weak argument against Edwards, his hair is expensive... okay. And as you said, "the poor people who love [sic] across the street hate him." So...you think America is in the best standing when you have POOR FUCKING PEOPLE living across the street? Jesus, are you even human?

And Obama wants the "benefit for the'common good' which is NOT how the country was meant to work"? How was it meant to work? So the rich people can fuck the asshole of the poor? That's bullshit.

How old are you anyway? You sound like a fucking 12 year old who just regurgitates what his ignorant, conservative father yells at the T.V. each night...right before he beats his least favorite son.

And learn to write clearly. It's important to be coherent if you want to be President of the Free World. Well...it will be after this current president.