What movie have you seen today? - Page 52 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 27-02-2007, 10:27 PM   Senior Registered Member #1021
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad View Post

Watched The Dreamers last night.
Great film. Should have won an Oscar in '03. Best Supporting Breasts.

Last edited by Jacoby; 01-03-2007 at 03:02 AM. Reason: wrote "one, meant "won"...damn language.
Jacoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2007, 10:16 AM   Senior Registered Member #1022
kingdumbass

Freddy Vs. Jason.....

A TERRIBLE piece of crap. I mean, I know that movies like this are not intended to be high art...but GODDAMN! Absolutely awful on every level. Bad acting, bad screenplay, bad editing....BLAH.

The Friday the 13th movies are a guilty pleasure of mine, and I wish New Line had at least made sure that their crossover with the equally popular Nightmare on Elmstreet series would be handled well. I mean, AT LEAST make them exciting!

Nope. This movie blows in every way.

1 out of 5.

Drugstore Cowboy....

Matt Dillon is a junkie who robs drug stores to support his habit. Eventually, he decides to clean up...with depressing results.

A pretty good drug movie that marks the real introduction of Gus Van Zant as an American film icon...but really nothing too groundbreaking other than that. I liked it, but wouldn't really bother to watch it again.

3 out of 5.
kingdumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2007, 12:49 PM   Senior Registered Member #1023
Pygmalion
Pissed

Boogie Nights: Quite apart from the brief Heather Graham boob moment it was a pretty good movie...If a little drawn out.

Chronicles of Riddick: The only good Vin Diesel movie. i liked it because I didn't have to see the first one.

Lord of War: AWESOMMMME. Thats all there is to it.
Pygmalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2007, 01:06 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1024
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygmalion View Post
Boogie Nights: Quite apart from the brief Heather Graham boob moment it was a pretty good movie...If a little drawn out.

Chronicles of Riddick: The only good Vin Diesel movie. i liked it because I didn't have to see the first one.

Lord of War: AWESOMMMME. Thats all there is to it.
Is Lord of War the one where Nic Cage plays an arms dealer?
Old 01-03-2007, 11:32 AM   Senior Registered Member #1025
kingdumbass

Scarlett Diva....

The great Asia Argento's (semi)biopic about a young actress coping with the pressures of fame, while trying to assert herself as a serious artist.

Derivative at times, but always interesting, this movie goes out on a limb. It demonstrates how Asia has "balls". She's fucking beautiful, sexy, and brilliant. THAT'S balls.

3 out of 5.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:53 PM   Senior Registered Member #1026
Porcelain_Doll
little-miss-smut-for-brains

Alexander.

What a waste. At least it was a juicy parade of hot guys in short skirts. Yum
"There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." Elizabeth Bennet

musings and ramblings, aka:
my blog

Porcelain_Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:35 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1027
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcelain_Doll View Post
Alexander.

What a waste. At least it was a juicy parade of hot guys in short skirts. Yum
Oliver Stone has utterly lost any sense of coherent narrative. This is why his films check in around three hours and there always has to be some sort of explanation dropped into the story from nowhere.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:51 AM   Senior Registered Member #1028
Porcelain_Doll

And what about Luc Besson?
I was blown away by Leon (The Professional) and very much enjoyed Fan Fan la Tulipe...but The Fifth Element sucked. I only hope Arthur and the Minimoys won't be such a dissapointment
"There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." Elizabeth Bennet

my blog

Old 03-03-2007, 09:38 AM   #1029
mongoose

I saw The Butterfly Effect .
A real original idea, not like other films when you just know what will happen next. Really good story.
I give it a 5/5. enjoy
mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:28 AM   Senior Registered Member #1030
kingdumbass

United 93....

I was living in New York on September 11th, 2001, and this film brought back all of the feelings I had that day. The chaos and tragedy of the whole experience....Frantically trying to reach my girlfriend, who worked in Manhattan, all day long, while watching CNN and imagining all of the possibilities of what could happen. The phones lines were completely jammed on that day, and it wasn't until around one PM that I finally could get ahold of my woman to know that she was OK. And I soon learned that my mother back in Michigan experienced similar stress trying to reach me.

Anyway, I remember hearing that a plane had hit the Trade Center, and kind of laughing about it at first. I figured it was some dumb rich guy who crashed his private jet into the building by accident. Then, there was the second plane, and I started paying REAL attention. Then, when I heard about the plane hitting the Pentagon, it was plain without a doubt that something very serious was happening. The tension just kept growing. United 93 captures this sense of growing chaos perfectly, following the same timeline with several narratives.

The last 10 minutes or so filled me with emotion. It's an incredibly moving film -- not exploitive in any way (even though I expected it to be), and handled with with taste and sympathy. I hate to conform to a cliche', but I feel numb.

5 out of 5.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:11 PM   Senior Registered Member #1031
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

Watched The Illusionist yesterday, good plot twist to end it though I suppose for people who read the novel will find it got cut. That was my assumption since there was barely any talk about the politics even if it's one of the driving forces in the movie besides romance. Anyway, interesting enough movie to involve magic even if there's at least 2 other mainstream movies with that theme, both of which I haven't watched yet ><

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:21 PM   Senior Registered Member #1032
kingdumbass

Erin Brockovich....

Julia Roberts plays a struggling single mother who finds herself in the middle of an historic civil liability case involving an electric company that has poisoned several families with waste dumped into the water supply.

By now, almost everyone has seen this film, so going into details isn't really necesssary. In general, I found it to be a very well-told story that had me rooting for the heroes, which is really all a movie like this is supposed to do. Nothing to argue with here.

4 out of 5.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:06 PM   Senior Registered Member #1033
Porcelain_Doll

Dear Frankie

I will personally shoot whoever says that movie is crap.
It's simple and beautiful.

For those who haven't seen it, it's a bittersweet story about a single mum and her deaf son, Frankie. The small family keeps moving about, and soon we find out why. There's not much in Frankie's life, except his passion for all things related to the sea. He writes letters every week for his dad, who is presumably in a ship somewhere in the world.

What he doesn't know is that his dad is a character invented by his mother, and the mail is answered by her. But one day, the ship in which his dad is supposed to be arrives to the very town they've just moved to.

It's really sweet.

my blog

Old 04-03-2007, 04:20 PM   Senior Registered Member #1034
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Full Metal Jacket

Great movie, pretty fucked up at times. There's some great lines in there, though. I'm sure you guys know all about them.

District B 13

An alright lower-budget action film that uses parkour. What's parkour? Here's a short instructional video. The fighting was pretty cool. The story was lackluster. The Frenchness was dead on, though.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:53 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #1035
Mandy
Honourary Brit

Someone needs to go see Black Snake Moan, and tell me whether or not I should waste my time...
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:46 PM   Senior Registered Member #1036
Porcelain_Doll

Quote:
An alright lower-budget action film that uses parkour. What's parkour? Here's a short instructional video. The fighting was pretty cool. The story was lackluster. The Frenchness was dead on, though.
Some kids over here died while doing that. They were in some underground tunnels, and there was this huge storm a few days ago. Three of them drowned. One remains M.I.A

Sorry, off topic...
Also saw Wimbledon. Paul Bettany is like an adorable lost british puppy. Jennifer Connelly is so goddamn lucky...

my blog

Last edited by Mandy; 04-03-2007 at 08:13 PM.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:48 PM   Senior Registered Member #1037
Porcelain_Doll

What the hell is wrong with the "quote" button?!?!?!

my blog

Old 04-03-2007, 08:13 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #1038
Mandy
Honourary Brit

You did it wrong, I fixed it
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:49 AM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1039
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Closer
A bit behind the times, but I finally saw it. Great film. Great dialogue. A bit hard to follow with the jumps through time that it made, but overall a very enjoyable film.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:00 AM   Senior Registered Member #1040
kingdumbass

Portman's lap dance scene in Closer is the sexiest thing ever put on film....
It's just perfect.

Flags Of Our Fathers....

Explores the aftermath of the battle for Iwa Jima during World War II.

Well made, and interesting...although I can't help but feel as though Clint Eastwood is just trying to match what Speilberg did with Saving Private Ryan. Additionally, this movie features Barry Pepper, who once upon a time starred in John Travolta's Battlefield Earth, one of the worst movies ever made. I actually HAVE Barry Pepper's autograph, on an ultra-rare Battlefield Earth trading card. See, when that movie came out, they thought it would be a hit, and so trading cards on the film were released. Well, the film bombed, and a few months later, I stumbled across a large box of Battlefield Earth trading cards for sale at a local gas station. Marked down, they were, like, five bucks for 50 packs. So, I bought 'em...and lo and behold, among the packs was a (very) limited edition, personally-autographed, picture of Barry Pepper. I wonder how much it's worth....

Ahem. Anyway, Flags Of Our Fathers was pretty decent.

4 out of 5.

Saw 3....

Another Saw movie. They're like fast food -- certainly not good in any meaningful way, but they get the job done. I found it entertaining enough, although I wouldn't want to watch it again.

2 out of 5.