What movie have you seen today? - Page 49 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 07-01-2007, 01:19 PM   #961
mongoose

Today I just saw Extreme days. Really good movie.
I think life should be more extreme. :icon_bigg
And I sure liked the additional clips, with all the sports.
mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 01:33 PM   #962
NickG
Newcomer

Today I saw The Incredibles again on DVD. I cant help but laugh every time i see Edna Mode. **** 4 star
NickG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 06:00 AM   Officer #963
Renegade
Stock Boy

My friend had a bootleg of Children of Men but I didn't get to watch it yet. Damn!
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:46 AM   Senior Registered Member #964
kingdumbass

Speaking of bootlegs, I found a great bootleg movie site the other day....
Watched The Departed and Borat there. I'd tell you what it is, but I don't know if that's a violation of the rules here.
kingdumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 06:26 PM   #965
seventhson

I'm so behind the times. I just watched KILL BILL & KILL BILL2 last night, back-to-back because cable TV did that, the basketball game was over & I had some time to burn. Thought both were good, but 2 was better.
Peace,
(-: 7 :-)
seventhson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 06:34 PM   #966
mongoose

Has anyone here seen Crank ? amazing
It says it an action film, but it's more a comedy.
mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:29 PM   Officer #967
Renegade
Stock Boy

Dude I just saw Crank yesterday and you're right, it's more comedic than what they made it out to be in commercials. It's a trippy movie but I like it.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 08:31 AM   Senior Registered Member #968
michael22
eternally screwed

Pick of destiny- great, classic Tenacious D
Tombstone- Val Kilmer best performance by far...great
True Romance- Brilliant
Old 14-01-2007, 11:01 AM   Senior Registered Member #969
kingdumbass

I have seen at least 100 movies since I last posted in this thread....
My Netflix addiction continues full force. Here's the last two I saw:

Requiem for a Dream:

Along with Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, the most accurate drug movie ever made. Brilliant in every way, except in the fact that it features Jennifer Connely (who I can't stand), this film should be shown to high school kids to help prevent them from doing drugs. It actually angers me that it received an NC-17 rating here in the US, meaning that virtually no one would see it. I have been through the things depicted in this film, and I actually fought back a few tears as the end credits rolled.

Five out of five.

Mrs Palfrey at the Clairemont:

My girlfriend's grandfather, of all people, had this one. Seems that some old folk's magazine had recommended the film, and so he rented it. Anyway, it's notable to KKW'ers in that it stars Rupert Friend, and so the GF, her grandfather, and I watched it last week. It's about an old lady and a young man who become friends for various reasons, and enrich each other's lives on multiple levels. Uplifting and sad at the same time, one of those small films that you wish would get more attention. Joan Plowright charms all the way through, and Mr. Friend comes off well. A nice little movie.

Four out of five.

PS -- I also recommend The Constant Gardener, which I believe was the best film of 2005.
Old 17-01-2007, 02:50 AM   Senior Registered Member #970
Richard
Dated

Cactus Flower (1969)

Watching Ingrid Bergman dance to the style of the late 1960s is enough reason to take a gander at this film. But, no, really, she is marvelous in this movie and Goldie Hawn is equally impressive -- this was her first leading role in a film and went on to win an Oscar. Isn't that cool?

Walter Matthau plays a dentist masquerading as a married man with three kids during a supposed affair with a 21-year-old girl named Toni, played by Hawn. Bergman plays Matthau's spinster secretary. Funny situations ensue when Matthau's character asks his secretary to masquerade as his wife after Toni asks to speak to her before their supposed divorce is finalized.

I loved every character in the movie, and that doesn't happen too often.

Stir Crazy (1980)

Sidney Poitier directed this second pairing of the comic duo Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor. After being fired from their jobs in New York the two head out to California in their beat-up van to find work. They eventually find jobs wearing chicken costumes at a bank for promotional purposes. During their lunch break two men decide to rob that very same bank wearing the costumes and using the New Yorkers van for their escape. Wilder/Pryor return from their break, the van is found (without the real culprits), and they go to prison.

I prefer Silver Streak but this movie was pretty humorous for the first hour. I thought Poitier did a decent job also.
Old 26-01-2007, 11:36 AM   Senior Registered Member #971
kingdumbass

Little Miss Sunshine....

A good little comedy-drama that I would love to see win Best Picture of 2006 at the Academy Awards -- not so much because I really think it was the BEST film of the year, but because it would be very encouraging to see a movie like this win. In other words, comedies (or, "dramadies") are so rarely given the Oscar attention they deserve that I think it would be good for the film industry if just ONE would win some year.

Anyway, it's a road movie of sorts. A dysfunctional family travels from New Mexico to California so that a little girl can participate in a beauty pageant. Predicatable, but well-made, Little Miss Sunshine kept my interest all the way through. It's also very well acted.

4 out of 5.

By the way, has anyone seen Pan's Labyrinth? I am DYING to see this movie, but since I live in a piece of shit small town, my local piece of shit movie theater only shows...well...pieces of shit. I have to wait until Labyrinth comes out on DVD (or, until I can find an illegal download) before I can see it.
Old 26-01-2007, 02:09 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #972
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdumbass View Post
Little Miss Sunshine....
By the way, has anyone seen Pan's Labyrinth? I am DYING to see this movie, but since I live in a piece of shit small town, my local piece of shit movie theater only shows...well...pieces of shit. I have to wait until Labyrinth comes out on DVD (or, until I can find an illegal download) before I can see it.
Do they put the pieces of shit on little pedestals and have you walk around them like in a museum or do they just fling poo at the screen?
If they fling poo, I'd avoid buying Junior Mints at the concession stand.
Old 27-01-2007, 12:23 AM   Senior Registered Member #973
michael22
eternally screwed

THe pordessional spcial edition- great, aboslutely great the deleted scenes of Portman and Reno "exploring their love" are quite humourous, as Natalie thinks she is far older and actually could have an affair with Reno. During this Reno is oobviously really uncomfortabe. Gary Oldman rules and Jean Reno kicks ass.
Sling blade- awesome one of the few times I could stand Billy Bob Thoron.
Evil Dead Trilogy- awkardly funny but great nonetheless
Old 27-01-2007, 12:48 AM   Senior Registered Member #974
kingdumbass

Hasselbrad, how dare you mock my misfortune?
That does it. I'm making a special trip to the city this weekend just to see Pan's Labyrinth. Maybe if there's time, I'll pay a vist to my parents; but, as always, family comes second.

I should never have moved to this hellhole. I was lured by money, and now I live in shit. They don't even have a decent place to get Buffalo wings here!

Oh, and I watched another movie tonight:

Kissed....

Molly Parker plays a women who has always been interested in death. One day, she gets a job at a funeral parlor, and begins to experience sexual feelings for the dead bodies.

Not the greatest movie, but Ms. Parker is such a good actress that she's able to make us feel sympathy for a woman who fucks corpses. A very unusual film.

2 out of 5.
Old 27-01-2007, 02:13 PM   #975
mehrdad368
Ranman Raping Horse Boy

I saw American pie 5 yesterday.
That was really funny.When the next one release?
Old 27-01-2007, 06:22 PM   Senior Registered Member #976
michael22
eternally screwed

over my dead body or when hell freazes over your pick.

Godzilla anthology-heeheehee watching godzilla with many people around four o'clock in the morning shows you how great yet how terribly awful these movies are. Dubbing the fights betweeen Godzilla and the monsters is quite fun.

Ultra violet- I wan't those hours back.

Last edited by michael22; 29-01-2007 at 01:42 AM.
michael22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2007, 12:40 AM   #977
Norseman

Ye, Ultra Violet sucked. Last i've seen is Apocolypto, good film though. Not that gory as I thought it would be, but when it was, it did it with style
Norseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2007, 09:48 AM   Senior Registered Member #978
kingdumbass

Indeed, Ultraviolet was terrible....

The Weatherman....

Nicholas Cage plays a hapless divorcee who struggles with a midlife crisis.

The movie had a great deal of potential, and I identified with Cage's character. What's really weird for me is that he was a whole lot like my father; not so much in his actions, but in his mannerisms (facial expressions, movements, the way he talks, etc). So, I had a strange time watching this film in feeling like I was watching my dad. That may have affected my ability to judge it objectively.

Overall, however, the movie was a good story and an interesting character study, but the director failed to exploit the "oddball" aspect of it properly. Everything just moved too slowly, and in the wrong way. I often found myself wondering, What's the point??? The Weatherman could have been much better.

3 out of 5.

The Departed....

Leonardo Dicapprio and Matt Damon are state police investigators working on a case involving a mob boss played by Jack Nicholson. Each of them is a "rat" (in his own way). Who will be found out first???

A GREAT film. I was reluctant to see it, as I assumed it would be just another annoying mobster movie, with touchy Italian guys who take offense and lose their tempers at the drop of a hat (that macho shit gets on my fuckin' nerves); but I was wrong. This was an incredibly engaging story that had my interest all the way through.

No complaints.

5 out of 5.
Old 29-01-2007, 02:31 AM   Senior Registered Member #979
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

I've seen lots of film since my last post. Been on a real Woody Allen kick. He's the man. But yeah, seen lots of good, and a few stinkers.

Some great ones:

Sleeper
Children of Men
Fountain
Hollywoodland
Bananas
Love and Death
Far Side of the Moon
28 Days Later
Little Miss Sunshine
Leolo

and a few more, but those are the only ones I can think of this second.

I am getting a 30" LCD tv and a HD DVD player for my Xbox 360, so my movie watching should have a nice boost to it. Can't wait to own Fountain and Children of Men on HD DVD.
Old 29-01-2007, 04:31 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #980
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Took Taylor to see Eragon.
Meh. Predictable. Seemed like a film based on a book written by a teenager.

Going to see The Queen or The Last King of Scotland this weekend. Stoked.