Gay marriages - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > Keira Girls > Relationships & Sexuality

Relationships & Sexuality Advice? I-Told-You-So's? Confusion? Rabid Parents? Stick it in here and smoke it. Boys welcome too!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-07-2004, 09:53 PM   #1
Pinkfairy

Gay marriages

The Republican House voted to prevent federal courts to recognize same-sex marriages arguing that the law defines marriage as between a man and a woman.
Personally I don't agree with this. Isn't this the land of freedom? Shouldn't citizens be able to fall in love with whoever they want? I do understand that the president makes all sorts of difficult decisions so that the country runs well but this should be out of their reach. This is about peoples' personal lives. There's a good saying that should be applied: Live and let live. Gay marriages will not affect the country's well being. I don't know any gay people, and I'm not gay, but I do believe that love is between two people, not just a man and a woman. I went to a Catholic school where it's considered wrong, but I don't think it is. Marriage should be between two people who love each other, and the crime would be if they didn't love each other.
I just feel bad gay people who believe in marriage. They are being robbed of a right that should be everyone's.

Last edited by Pinkfairy; 23-07-2004 at 07:35 PM.
Pinkfairy is offline   Reply With Quote