My Boss Is A Wanker... - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 18-12-2006, 08:04 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #1
Digital_Ice

My Boss Is A Wanker...

This thread is insipired my an msn rant i had at Mandy this morning, it's a thread to vent your frustrations at your boss/teacher/superior giving reasons as to why they've pissed you off latley.

I shall go first;
I've never had a day off work sick,
I've hardly taken any of my holiday (cept a couple of days for the OMGWTFKKWBBQ) because every time I try he makes some excuse as to why we are too busy,
I've never been late for work (cept one day that the traffic was appauling, but I worked the time back again),
So today, I feel like shite, and my mum convinces me to call in sick, so I do,
and he basically says, its only an xmas bug, come in anyway,
He is refusing to give me a day of sick,
He's making me walk in, in the cold and wet, for an hour,
To do a nine hour shift, on my own essentially,
then to walk home again for an hour....
Old 18-12-2006, 08:19 AM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #2
Mandy
Honourary Brit

^^Of course you said all that and I didn't reply because I fell asleep. Which leads to MY rant:

Don't get a dog. They like to wake you up at 3am by barking intensely at some random sound in which you can't get back to sleep.
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2006, 03:14 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #3
acliff
llama llama duck

When I become rich and successful, I'm going to hire Ice to work for me, and pay him well. I will no doubt still treat him like dirt.

What I'd suggest to Ice is to stay for as long as you reap the benefits i.e. rinse the discounts, additional perks (if any) and then move onto sales at a higher level. Retail level sales can be a real bastard, managers like to be king of their own little world, and treat their better staff worse, because they can get more quality work out of them for the same as they're paying the worthless ones who they can't find grounds to fire and replace. I don't know the job availability in your area, but I can think of plenty of things which would suit your skills, that are likely to pay you more.
Old 19-12-2006, 05:15 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #4
Digital_Ice

im doing a twelve hour shift tomorrow.....
Old 19-12-2006, 10:26 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #5
Digital_Ice

nope. same shite pay as every other day
Old 20-12-2006, 07:32 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #6
Digital_Ice

nothing better has come along yet, constantly looking, all the jobs i want require having your own car. so untill i pass my test, im stuck there. no point quitting a crap job to go to another crap job
Old 20-12-2006, 06:25 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #7
barrington
Kite-Eating Tree

Yep.
I long for a carefree attitude like america where any 14 year old with $20 and at least one from a choice of eyes/legs/arms/brain can learn to drive in 20 minutes.
barrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 07:15 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #8
Mandy
Honourary Brit

I couldn't drive until I was 16. If you are 15 and have a farmer's permit (which is sooo sad and lame) then you can drive then.

And yes. So easy to get a license here. I didn't even take an actual driving test, just took a small book test....which was open book.
Old 21-12-2006, 01:27 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #9
Foeni

How often are 16-year-olds involved in accidents? What percentage of all accidents are caused by teens?
Old 21-12-2006, 04:00 PM   Senior Registered Member #10
Porcelain_Doll
little-miss-smut-for-brains

hmmphh....YOU are complaining about not being able to drive until you're 16? In my country, you're not allowed to drive until you're 18 ....but, on the bright side, you don't have to be 21 to drink. Just being 18 (or looking like you're over 18...eat yer heart out, big sis!) is enough.

And I agree with the comments about teachers...in Chemistry I had this insane woman, whose apparent goal was to make a student cry per day.
And then I found out my big sis began dating her son...and dumped him. Let's just say I'm on the black list. :icon_err:
Porcelain_Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2006, 04:54 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #11
Foeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Ice View Post
im doing a twelve hour shift tomorrow.....
Bah, thursday I had 13 hours, friday 15 and today somewhere between 16 and 17 hours.
Old 23-12-2006, 05:46 AM   #12
Fancyman
Pimp

the thing with shit jobs is you have to put your foot down. its tough cause youre afraid of getting fired, but theyre usually bluffing. ive worked for a grocery store for over 4 years. i used to bust my ass: no call ins, worked holidays, came in early, stayed late...and thats what they came to expect, they WILL take advantage of you. after wondering how my incompetant coworkers kept their jobs, i realized i was wasting my energy. i have since told them i make my own schedule, i do enough work so im one of the better employees but thats it.

ice, i know you cant go from ole dependable to slacker without drawing attention, but start picking your battles man. if youre sick you have the final say pull out the old projectile diarrhea trick and he'll beg you to stay home.
and the other two escaped with minor injuries.
Fancyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2006, 06:51 AM   #13
dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancyman View Post
the thing with shit jobs is you have to put your foot down. its tough cause you're afraid of getting fired, but they're usually bluffing. <snip>
ice, i know you can't go from ole dependable to slacker without drawing attention, but start picking your battles man. if you're sick you have the final say pull out the old projectile diarrhea trick and he'll beg you to stay home.
You guys should be able to get "Computer Call Center" jobs anywhere in the world. The people in "Computer Call Centers" come straight off welfare in the places where they set up large ones. Every computer repair store needs people to be first contact, and people with generic computer knowledge are enough. They pay better than most shit jobs. Well, sometimes.

Remember, if it's "sick leave" and they say anything and you can prove you were sick, that manager will lose his job when you sue. Sometimes it takes a little iron in the backbone to do it, but if that's what it takes, and you need to stay home, "Put up or shut up!"

%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
"Le uova non devono ballare con le pietre."
"Eggs have no business dancing with stones" from the movie "Shoot 'Em Up"
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2006, 01:40 AM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #14
Mandy
Honourary Brit

I've really got a problem with authority. I think it's because I like being in control in just about all aspects of life. I quit my last job because my boss was a right bitch and would say snotty things under her breath. I had put my two weeks in, but after about the second day, I went home on my lunch break and didn't come back.
Old 24-12-2006, 03:11 AM   #15
dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
I've really got a problem with authority. I think it's because I like being in control in just about all aspects of life.
My little brother has been a truckdriver for over 37 years for precisely that reason. He cannot put up with stupid people. try him out at www.marystruck.us Then make a list of all the jobs you can get wherein you don't have to interact with other people. We (I) used to have a marvelous job called COBOL Programmer. We would sit in our cubicles for months at a time with the only interaction being with people we liked. Those were the days, my friend, We thought they'd never end. tum, tum ta dum tum tum...

So, once you have your brand new Ph.D in hand and you've taken steps to take your first "position" in your specialty, you should probably look around for a Junior College with Truck Driver classes. Beginning Truck Drivers make no money, but they take no shit from anyone. If you're a slave, there is power in knowing that everybody needs you, and they will go out of their way to hire you. There's money to be made there, but it's down the line from the beginner.

The main problem with truck driving is that about the only food you can get is "junk food" and it will, in the long run, ruin your body. But there is "Freedom". And, outside of "Mabel" at the truckstop or "Sunshine" at the Cafe Risque down in Lavonia. Georgia, nobody will talk to you if you don't start the conversation.

"Le uova non devono ballare con le pietre."
"Eggs have no business dancing with stones" from the movie "Shoot 'Em Up"
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:44 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #16
Digital_Ice

i do not appreciate getting up at 6am in order to walk for an hour to get to work to do the sodding banking.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:46 AM   Senior Registered Member #17
michael22
eternally screwed

well you could become a lion tamer, a writer of jokes or even a saucier
Old 06-01-2007, 02:01 AM   #18
Urbanebula
Ice's Wingman

Quote:
i do not appreciate getting up at 6am in order to walk for an hour to get to work to do the sodding banking.
You're complaining about getting up at 6!?

*Starts Shuddering*

Last week just before new years I worked from 6 till 4 (having to get up at 4:30) and when I finally got home all I wanted to do was sleep and then my manager called me and told me a load of January advertising had been delivered after I left and that I would have to come in for 5 the next day in order to get it all out before we opened at 9. I got up at 3.30 got to work just as another van load of advertising came in that had been missed the previous night. I didn't get back home till about 4.30!

I hate my job.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:40 AM   #19
Chillout

Quote:
This thread is insipired my an msn rant i had at Mandy this morning, it's a thread to vent your frustrations at your boss/teacher/superior giving reasons as to why they've pissed you off latley.

I shall go first;
I've never had a day off work sick,
I've hardly taken any of my holiday (cept a couple of days for the OMGWTFKKWBBQ) because every time I try he makes some excuse as to why we are too busy,
I've never been late for work (cept one day that the traffic was appauling, but I worked the time back again),
So today, I feel like shite, and my mum convinces me to call in sick, so I do,
and he basically says, its only an xmas bug, come in anyway,
He is refusing to give me a day of sick,
He's making me walk in, in the cold and wet, for an hour,
To do a nine hour shift, on my own essentially,
then to walk home again for an hour....
Sucks to be you.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:23 PM   #20
mongoose

Quote:
Well I'm not the only person who wakes up at 6am and gets back home about 3 pm (and I go the school, not work )
life really is sh*t sometimes
mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote