The Fashion Thread - Page 4 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > Keira Girls

Keira Girls A board exclusively for our female members to call home!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-07-2006, 07:20 AM   #61
runangl
Run Angle.
 
runangl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: United States of Whatever
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by acliff
Most high cost cross trainers are pretty solid in my experience.
I want a pair of fitted asics.
And a pair of these:
ahhhh... my old drum teacher had a pair of those. amazing flexibility. perfect for bass drum control.

and kicking some ass. of course.
__________________
.+*+. are you an angel? - anakin skywalker .+*+.
runangl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2006, 10:57 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #62
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt
 
Hazzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by acliff
1. Why not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME
Equally anyone who wears ONLY designer clothes sucks worse because they're an attention whore with not a trace of individuality. Who wants us all to look the same?
This is why I choose to wear a lot of concert T-shirts. For me it serves so many purposes. Like I got a DB10 T-shirt at the testimonial last night, because I was there. I love it, not because it looks excellent or because it feels excellent but because I WAS THERE. And wearing it reminds me of that and gives me that buzz again. Same with concert T-shirts, they remind you of an experience.

The only people apart from me who would be wearing these sorts of T-shirts are a) people who went to the concert too or b) people who bought it from ebay or something (that's the saddest thing anyone can do. It's worthless unless you were there). Even altogether that's a slightly narrower band than everyone, which is the class of people likely to be wearing designer clothes. So I get around the "looking like everyone else" and "no individuality" points.

It's also expressing my personality through my music tastes and hobbies. I think clothes, like your hairstyle, should reflect YOU, as a person, and what you're about. Designer clothes only reflect that you have money, which isn't really a defining characteristic. We've lost the art of expressing ourselves.

Quote:
2. Comfort - Designer clothes (unless they're overly pretentious) almost always fit better and are more comfortable.
Not true. I have lots of non-designer clothes that fit better and are far more comfortable than when I tried on designer options. I always check out designer options when I shop and I'm always disappointed. Sizing-wise they're designed as if everyone has the same basic body shape, which is a myth.

However assuming you can get past the fit issue, I'll grant you that often the materials used are better (well they should be!) and therefore feel better. And there's the pleasure you get out of wearing snazzy clothes that makes you relaxed and more comfortable anyway.

To me, however, my individuality and expressing myself is most important.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2006, 06:49 PM   Senior Registered Member #63
KeirazBabe
The Kewlest
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Windsor, U.K
Posts: 407
OOh i ADORE fashion hehe my fashion is inspired by celebs (such as Nicole Richie) but i love to mix it with my own style= BRIGHT things & ACCESSORIES x 10 hehe

xXx
__________________
Megan xXx
- Wear It Proud -
~* 1st Member & Founder Of Keiraz Posse! *~
KeirazBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2006, 07:52 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #64
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt
 
Hazzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,168
Megz is a perfect example of someone whose fashion sense I admire. She buys stylish clothes inspired by the designer threads worn by celebs, but she's not a slave to it and accessorises with her own individual style. I personally think you've got great style girl and I honestly wish more girls would do what you do.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2006, 02:09 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #65
acliff
llama llama duck
 
acliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London
Posts: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
It's also expressing my personality through my music tastes and hobbies. I think clothes, like your hairstyle, should reflect YOU, as a person, and what you're about. Designer clothes only reflect that you have money, which isn't really a defining characteristic. We've lost the art of expressing ourselves.
Hairstyles are quite dependent on how much you have to spend on them. The more money you spend, and the more often, the better it generally looks. Hair cut by a decent stylist looks SO much better than a cheap 5 quid chop. Ask any girl.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
Not true. I have lots of non-designer clothes that fit better and are far more comfortable than when I tried on designer options. I always check out designer options when I shop and I'm always disappointed. Sizing-wise they're designed as if everyone has the same basic body shape, which is a myth.
I can't help the fact that you're odd shaped. God did you a disservice there.
In terms of shoes, more expensive shoes fit me better despite me having mutilated my insteps by excessive contact martial arts.
__________________
Leave a message...
acliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2006, 08:56 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #66
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt
 
Hazzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by acliff
Hairstyles are quite dependent on how much you have to spend on them. The more money you spend, and the more often, the better it generally looks. Hair cut by a decent stylist looks SO much better than a cheap 5 quid chop. Ask any girl.
Oh I wouldn't disagree with that, but the fact is you have an input into what they do to your hair, regardless. I've got no problem with spending money on things, that's not my gripe with designer clothes. Designer CUSTOM-made clothes are perfectly fine as they're one of a kind. But unless you've got six figures to blow on your wardrobe, you're not going to be able to afford that.

For the record I cut my own hair sometimes. Previously I've wanted it cut roughly and to be fair, even if you ask a stylist to do your hair a certain way, they're still a professional and won't give you what would conventionally be thought of as a "bad" haircut. Except I wanted that. So I did it myself! Also if I want to shave it there's no point paying someone to clip it as I have hair clippers and can do that myself. That was my last haircut, the nice and easy "all off". I'm now growing it back out, but it's probably due a trim soon as it's getting into "styling" length.

Quote:
I can't help the fact that you're odd shaped. God did you a disservice there.
I'm aware of that. I wasn't blaming you, pointing out the fallacy in your argument. Some clothes makers accept that some people are odd-shaped.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2006, 01:17 AM   #67
GoPre
Member
 
GoPre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 76
I'd have to agree with haz about there being some non-designer stuff thats more ocmfortable than designer clothes. My plain tee's that I've bought from Banana Republic are more comfortable than any designer shirt I own.
GoPre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2006, 05:08 AM   #68
Scaramouche
Member
 
Scaramouche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 77
I like Jrock [Japanese Rock], and Vkei [Visual Kei, branches off of Jrock].

^_^
It's can be compaired to american punk, but it's much more... tasty in my opinion.
Scaramouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2006, 11:03 AM   #69
Seydel
Newcomer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21
I like to wear whatever I feel like wearing. I'm not much to follow the trends because sometimes they go towards something that looks ugly. I like wearing jeans quite often. But then there are times that I like to wear a skirt. The skirts usually look 50s. I love the 50s. And Audrey Hepburn. And then sometimes after watching a movie I like, I'll improvise and add a touch of my favourite character to an outfit or something.

As for designer vs ... non-designer. It all depends on whether or not it's good quality. I prefer to buy something slightly more expensive that looks good on me and will last long as opposed to something from some cheap store that will tear after wearing it twice.

Overall I find fashion quite fun. I used to be not much into it at all. And so I looked quite bad all the time. But now I like to always look presentable. Even if it's just a pair of jeans and a t-shirt.
Seydel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2006, 11:09 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #70
acliff
llama llama duck
 
acliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London
Posts: 1,818
Not wearing jeans and tshirt can look presentable too...
__________________
Leave a message...
acliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2006, 01:26 PM   #71
Seydel
Newcomer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21
I think opinions may vary on that point.
Seydel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2006, 01:33 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #72
acliff
llama llama duck
 
acliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London
Posts: 1,818
You might find that in general, nakedness is an attractive quality but probably not suitable for dinner parties.
__________________
Leave a message...
acliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2006, 01:45 PM   #73
Seydel
Newcomer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 21
nakedness can indeed be attractive. But I would only walk around naked freely around my husband (if I ever have one. I hope I do have one some day. I want kids.)
Seydel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2006, 05:44 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #74
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt
 
Hazzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,168
Female nakedness, yes Cliff, but generally women I speak to have suggested male total nudity isn't really that attractive to them. Unless a woman's got droopy meat curtains, female genitals are less conspicuous, whereas a man walking around in the nude will be "flapping" about a lot.

Generally I've heard that a man in clothes, or half-naked, is preferable to in the buff.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2006, 07:19 PM   #75
Scaramouche
Member
 
Scaramouche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 77
I give kudos to nudists.
Scaramouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 06:14 PM   #76
Petit Mademoiselle
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I've always thought my style is pretty plain and boring, but I've been taking a lot of inspiration from Sienna Miller & Kate Moss lately though, so I think it's becoming more edgy and bohemian than before
  Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2006, 05:58 AM   #77
runangl
Run Angle.
 
runangl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: United States of Whatever
Posts: 355
i didn't realize those two words could fit together. =P

me... i'm addicted to puma. can't escape it.
__________________
.+*+. are you an angel? - anakin skywalker .+*+.
runangl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2006, 01:29 PM   #78
Petit Mademoiselle
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by runangl View Post
i didn't realize those two words could fit together. =P
Do you mean me? If so I assume you're talking about the "edgy and bohemian" part I do think those two words can fit together. Although that depends on how you define the words of course :icon_smil
  Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2006, 05:51 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #79
Mandy
Honourary Brit
 
Mandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Dorothyville, USA
Posts: 3,400
They're a little too grandma-like for me...but if they keep your feet warm, I guess that's all that matters.
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2007, 09:40 AM   #80
SAYA
Member
 
SAYA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 55
I looooooove shopping
I could live in a mall
I buy anything every thing
________
COLORADO MARIJUANA DISPENSARY
SAYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
By appointment to HM Keira Knightley.